Stadium Plans Thread

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. On the one hand they are condemned for presenting the whole thing as a take it or leave it done deal, then they present an outline that might be changed, and even call it a consultation process, and they are shouted down because it's not concrete finalised plans.

but shouldn't they be at the stage where its 99% finalised and ready to be presented in the final planning stages?

half baked job, especially when different sets of figures are being presented to visitors there last night to the same questions asked.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a design engineer and if I spent months producing 3D drawings of a £250,000 machine and told a customer "this is my initial idea" they would laugh, screw it up and tell me to hurry up and come back when its finished.

You cant expect these first drafts to be accurate as the designer inevitably draws the best possible outcome with the funds he expects to have available.

Disregard the drawings.

but shouldn't they be at the stage where its 99% finalised and ready to be presented in the final planning stages?

half baked job, especially when different sets of figures are being presented to visitors there last night to the same questions asked.

AH said that the figured could vary slightly depending on how the stadium was configured. They clearly had an idea though of what they thought would be the initial configuration though, as the drawings showed individuals seating plans and had the capacities for each stand crossed out in black marker pen.

I like the look of the stadium from what I have seen, but the self sutainability is the key for me.

So good see Harvester etc.

I cannot see is a post about the football pitches 5 a side, 3G etc.

Was anything mentioned about those?

Apologies if it in a thread I missed.

Apology accepted - easily missed. :)

Also to raise income all year round will be an area of five-a-side pitches and a commercial leisure area.

Two key points re capacity:

Phase 1 - 12k

Phase 2 - corners filled brings it up to 16k

If partners come on board early then may be able to bring some of phase 2 plans into phase 1.

Looks decent from the photos :unsure:

The horsehoe shape, which people keep mentioning, will only apply when two of the corners are completed, presumably with a capacity of 14,000.

AH said that the figured could vary slightly depending on how the stadium was configured. They clearly had an idea though of what they thought would be the initial configuration though, as the drawings showed individuals seating plans and had the capacities for each stand crossed out in black marker pen.

that fine, but its a shame if AH can say this,then others couldn't ..they are supposed to be singing from the same hymn sheet afterall.

in all, we have to stop wading into the romance of how this could look and realise the club AT THE MOMENT is in the :censored: ON THE PITCH.

whenever the first brick is layed, you are looking at approx 2 years before a ball is being kicked there.

where do TTA want the club to be in 2 years, in this shiny new ground?

Div 4?

Haven't read the majority of posts.

However, i would just like to say that im quite impressed with the plans/pics. Im not sentimental and would happily travel to Failsworth to watch football (whatever standard may be) in a decent stadium with good facilities. BP is dying and needs to be put down.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. On the one hand they are condemned for presenting the whole thing as a take it or leave it done deal, then they present an outline that might be changed, and even call it a consultation process, and they are shouted down because it's not concrete finalised plans.

I fully understand that these plans are for consultation purposes. The point I'm making is that EVERYONE should understand that the final design could change significantly, and we shouldn't accept that this is how it will be constructed, more or less.

People on here are saying they can't wait for this to happen, yet the club can't even agree between themselves on the suggested capacity, so why are some basing their decision on the move on designs that could turn out to be grossly inaccurate?

I'm an Oldhamer, who has lived in Hollinwood, still plays pool in Failsworth, and works in Failsworth. I know the area well, and am aware that the deeper into the area you go, the more Manchester it becomes. For this reason I don't like it.

I am told that the other sites are unsuitable, though I know that ground surveys at Junction 22 (Hollinwood) have NOT produced any contamination issues as have been stated by the club, so remain cynical on that score.

Forgive me for not sitting in the 'I trust TTA implicitly' camp, as I have seen no progress since they took over and issued their target statements, and I would rather trust my own judgement than anyone else's word.

This first consultation is the right way to go, and hopefully the next one will include ideas proposed by the fans, but it is the final one that matters, and that one will go ahead whether it is anything like this one or not.

So don't get too carried away - remember we're still not in the Championship, nearly three years after we were told we would be.

I fully understand that these plans are for consultation purposes. The point I'm making is that EVERYONE should understand that the final design could change significantly, and we shouldn't accept that this is how it will be constructed, more or less.

People on here are saying they can't wait for this to happen, yet the club can't even agree between themselves on the suggested capacity, so why are some basing their decision on the move on designs that could turn out to be grossly inaccurate?

I'm an Oldhamer, who has lived in Hollinwood, still plays pool in Failsworth, and works in Failsworth. I know the area well, and am aware that the deeper into the area you go, the more Manchester it becomes. For this reason I don't like it.

I am told that the other sites are unsuitable, though I know that ground surveys at Junction 22 (Hollinwood) have NOT produced any contamination issues as have been stated by the club, so remain cynical on that score.

Forgive me for not sitting in the 'I trust TTA implicitly' camp, as I have seen no progress since they took over and issued their target statements, and I would rather trust my own judgement than anyone else's word.

This first consultation is the right way to go, and hopefully the next one will include ideas proposed by the fans, but it is the final one that matters, and that one will go ahead whether it is anything like this one or not.

So don't get too carried away - remember we're still not in the Championship, nearly three years after we were told we would be.

agree 100% on every word.

Would have been nice to have the arena look from the main stand and have the 2 open sides at the back of the stadium.

Then you have a 'detached' side, not end.

With the proposed horseshoe as it is it would lend itself ideally to placing the away fans in the detached end, thus saving on ongoing policing and stewarding costs whilst also making the acoustics more predominant from the 'home shoe'.

Some people will die in the ditches. Some people fight sectarian wars over issues of centuries ago.

And some people can foresee what a disastrous move opening a grocer's shop next to Tesco's would be.

Try to think a little deeper than the smart new facades.

Try to imagine yourself sat with 3000 others, while another 5 or 6 thousand others are mowing the lawn because they can't be arsed travelling to join you, or worse still, have decided they might as well go next door to the COMS to watch Premiership football for the same price.

If OAFC haven't got it right on the pitch before BP is closed, then Moston Brook will be as devoid of people on a Saturday afternoon as it is now.

Then you have a 'detached' side, not end.

With the proposed horseshoe as it is it would lend itself ideally to placing the away fans in the detached end, thus saving on ongoing policing and stewarding costs whilst also making the acoustics more predominant from the 'home shoe'.

Yeah.....but...I'm thinking with my heart not my head! :wink:

Was anything mentioned about being able to expand the stadium beyond 16,000 or is that the limit?

Yes, you could always add layers on top of stands but that is expensive, and I think would take a massive upturn in our fortunes to envisage.