Stadium Plans Thread

Agree 100%. When questioned at a previous Forum TTA said BP will not be pulled down until the new stadium is operational, and they will not be ground-sharing.

Yes I was there and heard myself. Now quote some of the other stuff promised at previous forums and lets see if they stack up! that's my position now.

Edited by Lags

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is'nt what enough? you've lost me there. So you're in OAFC employ is that what you're saying.

Isn't it enough being a fan.

You put two questions; "Can I ask" was the first. Yes you can ask. And no, nothing to do with club other than being a fan.

Yes I was there and heard myself. Now quote some of the other stuff promised at previous forums and lets see if they stack up! that's my position now.

Fair enough, bit I think it's not worth worrying about TTA going back on their word until they do it.

For me the biggest worry at the moment is the final clearance awaited from the Charity Commissioners - the silence is deafening!

I am not against Failsworth, TTA or The club. But I am now like a good dog beat to much, it thinks it's bad. We've had so many promises that simply have not materalised. Now once again I am faced with a situation where I must believe what is being fed to me again cos the down side is too gross to comprehend.

We are now running head long down a route to a promised Failsworth project with neither planning permission nor one single drawing of what it is that's going to be built. Let alone that houses are going up at the BP site immenently. Now if I was in the sales shed trying to sell those properties at prices that befit a home not cast in the shadow of the Chaddy road end I'd be promising no ground there within 2 years.

I want Failsworth to go ahead now cos BP will no longer be there very very soon. I want Failsworth to go ahead with a ground to be proud of and to take us to a point where championship football is a real aspiration. Not some 4 sided ground that smacks lower league. One where a footballer offered same terms at Scunny picks Latics cos he smells ambition.

We need people like me to question things to have checks and balances. Christ the promises we've had down the years surely instills that.

1000% agree Lags. Somepeople are tarring the whole project on the couple of statements that are different in a minor way.

There is no way , for example, Anna the PR lady can have all the detail that Simon corney has. Alan, who has been off sick for a while and won;t be 100% can be expected to recall ever point that has been dealt with.

At this stage it s the overall picture.

Trobule is, and it has been said today, that some assume an aim or a target is a promise.

Someone said the TTA promised Championship football in 5 years, when they have said nothing of the sort.

I am all for the inconsistencies being highlighted, but lets not forget people can often mishear, misintepret or misunderstand things.

Lets look at the details, but not get bogged down in those same details.

Ask the difficult questions, yes, But suddenly turn against it becasue the desisgners have had to re do something and it's down down from 12,000 to 11,850 for example would be wrong.

Some people are blurring the lines between holding someone to account, being cynical and downright paranoia. Yourself excluded of course.

Edited by singe

1000% agree Lags. Somepeople are tarring the whole project on the couple of statements that are different in a minor way.

There is no way , for example, Anna the PR lady can have all the detail that Simon corney has. Alan, who has been off sick for a while and won;t be 100% can be expected to recall ever point that has been dealt with.

At this stage it s the overall picture.

Trobule is, and it has been said today, that some assume an aim or a target is a promise.

Someone said the TTA promised Championship football in 5 years, when they have said nothing of the sort.

I am all for the inconsistencies being highlighted, but lets not forget people can often mishear, misintepret or misunderstand things.

Lets look at the details, but not get bogged down in those same details.

Ask the difficult questions, yes, But suddenly turn against it becasue the desisgners have had to re do something and it's down down from 12,000 to 11,850 for example would be wrong.

Some people are blurring the lines between holding someone to account, being cynical and downright paranoia. Yourself excluded of course.

maybe some people just like to hear there own voice, well said sir

Thats what i was thinking. i dont want another little bowl stadium like doncaster, id rather keep the horseshape.

maybe the TTA could have two or three corners filled in and put a scoreboard in the fourth.

i like the idea of a horseshoe, separates the home and away fans and gives probably a good atmospherewith home fans all together.

i think for me at least two corners from the start is vital becuase otherwise, we will have less individuality and will probably end up with 4 separate stands permanently

Isn't it enough being a fan.

You put two questions; "Can I ask" was the first. Yes you can ask. And no, nothing to do with club other than being a fan.

Thank you for the clarification and I don't recall ever saying being a fan wasn't enough. So why ask?

Not that I want to support Oldham-knocking, but a visit to Huddersfield or even Halifax shows that to be wrong. Attractive vibrant town centres, and that's just two that I have chanced upon in none-footballing ways in recent years despite being an exile. I suspect it helps a great deal them being distinct towns rather than conurbations but a fact is a fact.

How about Doncaster, Rotherham and Bradford LL? Just a thought...

But I agree that Oldham is certainly not a town to be proud of currently. Not surprising when you see the calibre of our Councillors. :ranting: Maybe they compare us to the worst towns in the UK, then sit back, then settle for Oldham being slightly better or on par (no Beal Valley pun intended).

The whole hierarchy must be shaken up and soon.

I would expect phase 1 should look very similar to this

94-0.jpg

Except you replace their main stand with ours, other stands may be slightly taller and the STFC will be OAFC, and will be in white

Not that im complaining too much as its head and shoulders better than what we have now, but would still look miles better with corners filled in

Don't forget not only that, the pictures did not represent one detailed drawing of any plans what so ever.

The pictures of an artists impression of what the ground 'could look like' as had the desired effect.

I shudder to think what the fans' reaction would have been if the artist's impression had been of the sub-standard currently in use by the F.A. consulting the public on the proposed National Football Centre.

4332602907_1809d57a49_o.jpg

Thank you for the clarification and I don't recall ever saying being a fan wasn't enough. So why ask?

Humour Lagsy, humour. Let me explain as it's clearly been a long day for you. I was saying that being a fan is hard enough, let alone having to be an employee . Poking fun at the situation. Always happy to explain stuff .

Super blues, super new stadium.

Humour Lagsy, humour. Let me explain as it's clearly been a long day for you. I was saying that being a fan is hard enough, let alone having to be an employee . Poking fun at the situation. Always happy to explain stuff .

Super blues, super new stadium.

Don't give up the day job if that's humour. Now jog on.

Got an email from AH a few hours ago, i just thought i'd share.

Hi Alex

You are right with your figures but I hope we do have need to extend more than 16000 but that will be dependent on planning permission being obtained.

Anything is possible really, just look how Man Utd have extended their stadium.

Lets fill the 12000 first then get the additional 4000 seats in.

Regards

Alan