That caretaker role if it came to pass

So..on the off chance that DP does not make it to the season's end  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like for the caretaker role?

• Andy Ritchie
    • Iain Dowie
    • Gary Megson
    • Lee Duxbury & Tony Philliskirk
    • Random fan each week - name pulled from a hat

I don't think any of the current choices would get the job.

Think appointment from within, think current player for the club approaching the end of his career

Yeah but Greegs would shout at them and then the players would cry themselves to sleep - poor lambs! He'd show more emotion than Cautious Dave... 283 minutes without a goal and still he has his hands in his pockets.

So let's assume that DP just continues to under deliver and the caretaker role is up for grabs... who would you like to see perform a 'Royle like Cameo'?

One man only for me - Andy Ritchie :blush:

Correct.....at least he would instill some passion into the players and help to get the crowds coming back!!!

It's in the people newspaper today that he could be coming back with Gregan as his assistant.

That would be a fairly cheap option for TTA and a contract up until the end of the season would seem to be the best for both parties.

I've no problem with Ritchie coming back, but would he really bring the crowds back? (Serious question - I don't know, not trying to make a point. How much did average home attendances change when Royle came in for Sheridan?)

Also, any new man still has to work with the same players. It would be great if Ritchie could transform the team's spirits, but I have a nasty suspicion he wouldn't work any miracles with what he has to work with, results wouldn't suddenly get better, and fans would turn against him. I think I'd rather keep my footballing heroes separate from being tainted with current results and performances.

It's in the people newspaper today that he could be coming back with Gregan as his assistant.

Right next to where it said Reina was going to Chelsea. They should have said we were bringing back Frizzell. Or Dowie as player-manager. If you're gonna make stuff up,go mental.

Think i'd have to go with Ritchie because of his cult status at the club but i'm sure Dux and Tony would certainly do a decent job

A definate no to MEGSON :shock: i'm surprised his name even comes into the reckoning :lol:

If we lose at Exeter I think its high time to take the plunge and try someone new who might just inspire the lads to a few wins and save our L1 status, New broom sweeps clean and all that :wink:

as a long term replacement, i'd go for gannon and if he is set on p'boro then turn attention to john coleman at accrington, done a brilliant job on totally no money at all and always gets his teams attacking with passion - they walked all over us at BP in the JPT

Good shout on Coleman, Hes one man that CAN motivate and get the very best out of every player in his side