That caretaker role if it came to pass

So..on the off chance that DP does not make it to the season's end  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like for the caretaker role?

• Andy Ritchie
    • Iain Dowie
    • Gary Megson
    • Lee Duxbury & Tony Philliskirk
    • Random fan each week - name pulled from a hat

The random fan idea would work for definate. Any suggestions :)

I think that 1 day is too long for each fan, they should only get a morning or afternoon, any longer and they would clearly lose the dressing room, establish a drinking culture and only pick "their mates".

In fact, any new manager we ever appoint should only get a maximum contract of 3 months, any major decision should be run by this message board first, any signings, tactics or substitutions should also be run passed this board first.

I think that 1 day is too long for each fan, they should only get a morning or afternoon, any longer and they would clearly lose the dressing room, establish a drinking culture and only pick "their mates".

In fact, any new manager we ever appoint should only get a maximum contract of 3 months, any major decision should be run by this message board first, any signings, tactics or substitutions should also be run passed this board first.

I like it - perhaps if we adopt an approach whereby each member on this board votes prior to each game for his/her preferred team - the eleven most voted for names start.

Then we could convince TTA to invest in 'ask the audience' type equipment so that during the game we can vote on substitutions, who should take a free kick, whether we play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 etc.

This has got to be the way forward :blush:

I like the fans idea. I'd introduce Nando's Tuesdays and go Bowling on Wednesdays. Anyone who scores or plays well can have a beer.

If we win three games on the run we can go dogging.

Makes you wonder what DP's incentives for scoring a goal are.

....Or even passing the halfway line.

It must a be a really tough punishment.

Score a goal, a night in with Dave and his missus.

Go past the half way line, 2 nights in with Dave and his missus... :grin:

the fan idea is something ive been thinking of for some while. An idea similar to the ebsfleet one but we wouldnt get enough fans on board to finance it and carry it through. if we got 2000 mdembers and charge £10 a week to be a member and have a vote i still don't think we would have enough to cover costs!

This is definately the only sensible way forward for OAFC, IMO.