taylor!

My two-penneth; not too sure about this one... Taylor is fully entitled to spend his wage however he likes, there can be no arguing with him enjoying his downtime and if we wanted to get technical then maybe we'd need to see how it'd affect him were he to not let any steam off. However, we also have to acknowledge that Latics are in a deeply perilous position and it is "insensitive" to see Chrissy T boozing it up after another loss.

I'm not going to get upset, but at the same time if his performances aren't improving then I'd maybe start getting concerned...

but saying that, the economy is in a bad state of decline, but the bankers go out aswell, nothing is said about them

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have known taylor for quite a while and he is very much dedicated to latics and doesnt go out too much, when he can and is allowed he goes to enjoy it, but he always turns up to training and is eager to improve,

If itwas getting to a point where itwas affecting his training im sure he would cut down, but its not, he was going out last year when he was on the league one team of the year I dont think his recent downturn in form is because of drink, rather him not being fully fit yet, hes fit enough to play but not fit enough to play at his best

Why are sportsmen targeted for this sort of attention? My job involves thinking straight, sometimes quite hard, I'm sure a lot of us have jobs that involve being able to focus our eysight effectively, use manual dexterity or other tasks best not attempted after a skinful the night before, and it doesn't stop us. Saturday night is precisely the night they should be going out if they are going to.

Andy

You and I both know that this is precisely the reason they added the control key to your keyboard. It allows school night drinking and you can look incredibly busy the next day....

As it happens I remember an article about Scholes from quite a few years ago, it started with bullet points about what was known about him, one of which was, “he can hold his drink.” I guess the difference is that Scholes goes to his local and Taylor goes to a nightclub.

Scholes was in The Old Bell in Delph on Friday. Not at all drunk and behaving very well.

I used to see Paul Scholes out in Middleton many years ago when he'd just broken in to the first team at United. He was never ever off his trollley though, always seemed to be just a few quiet drinks with mates. Fergie put a stop to that pretty sharpish.

In the Albion with messers Beckham and Neville,?

They were never pissed cause they wouldn't buy a round :wink: