taylor!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went in tokyos tonight in town to find chris taylor wasted. I was shocked, he could hardly stand. Now if this what happens after you lose a match and are fighting relegation then theres gotta be summet wrong!! he acted like a utter nob.

Unbelievable! It's not like any of the rest of us, after a bad day at the office, want to go out and get rat-arsed! And as for a twenty-three year old doing that, he must be the only one in Oldham, bet he stuck out like a sore thumb!

If we were playing Tuesday night, it might be of vague interest.

But we're not.

I ain't gonna get worked up about it anyway. I'll just sit back and watch the Latics Fans Community Court pass judgement again and sentence Taylor to 6 months hard Kayaking.

Do the top premier league players go out and get bladdered during mid-season? No, they would get lambasted and dropped from the squad next match. Was Wayne Rooney spotted getting :censored:faced in Liverpool last weekend after losing to Everton?

These are professional sportsmen regardless of what division they are in and they should all do their best to excel in their chosen profession. Everyone knows that alcohol reduces fitness. Players have the rest of their lives to enjoy alcohol but it should be teetotal while they are actively playing.

Do the top premier league players go out and get bladdered during mid-season? No, they would get lambasted and dropped from the squad next match. Was Wayne Rooney spotted getting :censored:faced in Liverpool last weekend after losing to Everton?
No, but Steven Pienaar was arrested for drink driving. Premier League players aren't exactly saints either.

The power of the internet in speading the word. That's the difference.

22 yeas ago when I was a youngster I used to see latics apprentices out in Butterflies on a Thursday night and Oldham rugby players in Montys on a weekend night.

You used to tell your mates but there was nothing like these forums in spreading the gossip. Never hit the headlines of the Chronicle either.

The lad is young, turned up for his wage yesterday (earned is debatable) then went out with his mates.

Shocking mabe the state he got and yes maybe should have been a bit more careful in the public eye

But we are all adults you know

But the sport - and knowledge about fitness generally - was very different 22 years ago, you expected players to have a few drinks. Things have moved on and fitness levels are on a different planet, the whole game is played at a faster pace and so people's bodies have to also keep pace. People like Tony Adams, Bryan Robson etc would be less successful in today's game if they drank the same as they did 20 years ago. In the last 2 decades there's tons more information about health and fitness, it's not about being adults in my opinion, just about professionalism.

Maybe I'm being naive and players like Chris Taylor think they will never be premiership players so they think what the hell - fair enough, as you say they are adults and can make their own decisions, all I am saying is that they are not doing all they can to achieve the best they could, be that at L1, Championship or Premiership level. 2 years ago I did a marathon and I trained for 4 months and I didn't touch alcohol during that period. I abstained because I was working towards something and I wanted to be able to give it my best shot. If professional footballers get wasted mid-season, they aren't giving it their best shot.

I'll get down off my soapbox now because I've never played football and probably don't know what the fook I'm on about :grin:

Taylor's been going out in Oldham on saturday nights for years. What's new? I can guarentee he's been in worse states and at least he wasnt being lobbed out of Tokyo's by Bouncers by the sound of it. Young lad who is entitled to spend his wage how he see's fit. Same as everyone else.

These are professional sportsmen regardless of what division they are in and they should all do their best to excel in their chosen profession. Everyone knows that alcohol reduces fitness. Players have the rest of their lives to enjoy alcohol but it should be teetotal while they are actively playing.

Take it you've never been down Deansgate on a Tuesday night?

Every young lad is at it. Just players in the premiership wouldn't be in Tokyo's drinking Smirnoff ices with the rest of us plebs. They'd be somewhere we proabably couldn't get in larging it up on champers.

He got wasted after a game, so what.

You a professional in your job, and basing that around what you say about taylor, then that means you are not allowed to go out and get wrecked while having a job. He gets his wage weekly/monthly and spends it as he wants to, and tbh, i doubt he could give two sh*ts about what you think about him getting drunk, everyone does it, get over it and do something more constructive.

He got wasted after a game, so what.

You a professional in your job, and basing that around what you say about taylor, then that means you are not allowed to go out and get wrecked while having a job. He gets his wage weekly/monthly and spends it as he wants to, and tbh, i doubt he could give two sh*ts about what you think about him getting drunk, everyone does it, get over it and do something more constructive.

will he be able to run as fast with a beer belly though. he needs to think of his future.

Beer Belly: Don't blame the ale! Well not entirely. When you drink alcohol the liver stops using fatty acids for fuel and switches to alcohol instead. It leaves the fatty acids it should have used otherwise, and its stored in the adipose tissue. So the beer didn't form the belly, it comes from the stuff the liver leaves behind while it was burning off the beer.

Beer may not be as healthy or nutritious as a fruit smoothie but it cannot be held solely responsible for the ‘beer belly’. The culprits are excessive calories, lack of exercise and man’s predisposition to deposit fat on the abdominal region.