Alessandra scores for reserves

Get him up front. He did more in the game against Scunthorpe last season than I have seen from any of our forwards this year.

But then again he is from the youth system and talented so the rest of the Latics fans on here will hate him.

All our best performances last year were when he played, I think he has a really good football brain and will link well with Pav but Penney obviously doesn't fancy him

I'm confused, I thought that as we'd lost 7-0 to them last week it was a sign that Rochdale had overtaken us as a club, Lee Duxbury was the spawn of the devil and the club had cancer. Is everything OK now or are still doomed to an eternity of misery in the naive hope that we may one day be able to secure our rightful place above our illustrious neighbours again?

I'm confused, I thought that as we'd lost 7-0 to them last week it was a sign that Rochdale had overtaken us as a club, Lee Duxbury was the spawn of the devil and the club had cancer. Is everything OK now or are still doomed to an eternity of misery in the naive hope that we may one day be able to secure our rightful place above our illustrious neighbours again?

Ah but last week O'Grady played for Dogdale and scored 7 then dropped back into defence. This week he didn't play. That was the only difference.

Lee Dux has heard that he may have a sniff at the manager's job and called on all of his tactical genius to halt the alarming fall from grace when compared to Rochdale.

Everything is now allright and we will start with Alessandra, Eaves and Smalley up front on Saturday in a nifty 4-3-3 formation:

Brill

Aljofree Hazell Gregan Jacobson

Parker Furman Stevens

Smalley Eaves Alessandra

subs

Abbott, Price, Taylor, Whittaker, Lee, Worthington, Flahavan

You heard it here first :wink:

give him a chance. lewi's been injured all season

He's way too easy to shove off the ball......if he hasn't already fallen over!

Wages for games ratio is bad enough.....don't dare look at the goals to games. Should have been shown the same door that stayed open way too long for Wolfenden.

He's way too easy to shove off the ball......if he hasn't already fallen over!

Wages for games ratio is bad enough.....don't dare look at the goals to games. Should have been shown the same door that stayed open way too long for Wolfenden.

48 appearances - 7 goals.

Actually a better ratio the the total of on loan stikers.

48 appearances - 7 goals.

Actually a better ratio the the total of on loan stikers.

I didn't bleedin' sign any of 'em!!

Nonetheless, loan signings don't have the luxury of contracts, of playing and training week in week out with their team mates etc.

So.....1 goal every seven games and three of them came in the same match? Do me a favour.

Alessandra and Smalley up front (as seen at the end of last season for a handful of games) ... nightmare. A lot of Alessandra appearances were in a team where we had no decent strikers on the pitch at all - hardly the kind of situation to help him score bagloads of goals or to develop as a striker.

Alessandra as the hold up man for an in form Hughes ... perfect. Shame Shez chose not to stick with it - LA would be a far stronger player today if he had.

Alessandra and Abbott? It could work, but my gut instinct is that they are similar types of player and one is significantly ahead of the other in the skill/experience stakes. I wouldn't mind seeing it given a go for 20 minutes in the next couple of games though.

Nonetheless, loan signings don't have the luxury of contracts, of playing and training week in week out with their team mates etc.

So.....1 goal every seven games and three of them came in the same match? Do me a favour.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek :wink:

Better Ratio than Parker or Price. Who else have we got up front?

most natural player we have in terms of technique. too slow some would say and doesnt score enough BUT hughes was more prolific with lewis playing AND the team were scoring for fun. check his games to team goals ratio and i bet the picture changes to a large extent. It was criminal what Shez did to Lewis last season, as soon as we dropped a point or two he was cast out as the reason due to a lack of goals, what happened to the team after that?

If LA plays every game with Pav till end of season we WILL stay up.

Didn't Lewis get loaned out because we had Parker (who was playing on reputation) and we were looking at Byfield and O'Grady was getting a look in too and had a fully fit Pawel, plus probably someone else. So rather than have Lewis sit in the reserves DP thought it more productive to send him out on loan- where he did quite well if I remember before getting injured. His injury had a few complications and he's been out longer than expected but now that he's back playing for the ressies, scoring goals I can see him getting some first team playing time. I don't think he will ever be a 20 goal a season man but he may help someone get 20 goals who wouldn't normally with his general play- however, the same could be said of Pawel and Price and there in lies the problem. Pawel and Price are bigger and stronger than Lewi, Pawel probably is more skillful too, he is going to find it difficult to get into the team in front of Pawel (and Price for the mo) and they aren't going to work all that great together.

I'm sorry to say but I think the best option for all concerned is the hope we can get Lewis a loan ala O'Grady at Dale and if he plays well enough use it to finance a transfer where we get more than we would normally.

Take into consideration sub appearances.

Also for his style of play - link up then it is actually a decent amount of goals if say that was a seasons worth of appearances

Alessandra and Smalley up front (as seen at the end of last season for a handful of games) ... nightmare. A lot of Alessandra appearances were in a team where we had no decent strikers on the pitch at all - hardly the kind of situation to help him score bagloads of goals or to develop as a striker.

Alessandra as the hold up man for an in form Hughes ... perfect. Shame Shez chose not to stick with it - LA would be a far stronger player today if he had.

Alessandra and Abbott? It could work, but my gut instinct is that they are similar types of player and one is significantly ahead of the other in the skill/experience stakes. I wouldn't mind seeing it given a go for 20 minutes in the next couple of games though.

Got to disagree here, Alessandra is more skillful than Abbott, shame he is so small though...but he isn't slow like some people think.