Lewis Guy On Loan From Donny

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SMS.

Overwhelmed by this signing I really am!

Is he any good? heard the name but dont know much about him.

Just seen this on wikepedia?:

Despite only scoring three goals in 31 league appearances throughout the 2005–06 season, Guy's pace and dribbling ability made him a handful for any defence, which helped him form an effective striking partnership with Paul Heffernan during the first half of the season.

Guy is well known for his ability to coax defenders into fouling him inside the penalty area. This has achieved many penalties for Doncaster in the past. However, his diving antics haven't always been popular with the Rovers faithful and he still remains a target for abuse from many supporters.

The 2007–08 season seemed to bring a change to Guy's play, as he toned down the diving antics, and started to weigh in with vital goals and impressive performances. Guy has since struggled to make such an impact, and despite scoring the winning goal on the opening game of the 2008-9 season against Derby and the opening goal in the following match against Cardiff City, he struggled to continue his positive start to the season, and as a result, Guy hasn't scored for Rovers since August 2008. In early 2009, Guy spent a months loan spell at Hartlepool United, but he struggled to make an impact at Victoria Park, and was sent back to Doncaster after he picked up an injury.

Not scored a goal since August 2008

To be fair that could just mean hes been coming on for 10 minute sub appearances or being played on the wing as usually happens at our level with anyone that has a bit of pace. Nardiello's movement was giving orient trouble lets hope Guy has the same effect

suits latics to a tee then , just hope he in not injured

With a scoring record like that, I'm wondering if I'd rather he WAS injured!

Ah well! If teams can come to BP to throw a monkey off their backs, then hopefully a striker can too.

With a scoring record like that, I'm wondering if I'd rather he WAS injured!

Ah well! If teams can come to BP to throw a monkey off their backs, then hopefully a striker can too.

Think the most worrying aspect of this signing is that guy was one of dp's signings..

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/Ne...1994883,00.html

No matter what is said, he's had chances and starts (mainly last season) but facts are he's scored 2 goals in a season and a half and he's a so called striker.

He isn't a striker. Reminds me of Forte, neither the goals of a striker, or class to create of a winger. Guy can play good one touch football and footballing wise he has good ability. But he isn't strong enough to hold one position at this level. Simple as that. How he's still here I do not know as he just isn't good enough. Waide has less ability but he's a better striker and will score more goals. If Guy took more chances and got in better positions then there would be no question about his ability to play for us. But he doesn't do that. Must be sold soon

Oh dear.................we've already got one of them.

I think this will be the nail in Penney's coffin on two fronts -

A. The lad won't score the goals we desperately need so we're relying on Abbott again but funding another square peg in a round hole

B. Another of Penney's old faces that emphasises the fact that Penney is unable to scout players or unable to attract a decent striker to the club

Seriously underwhelmed with Penney as a manager; his inability to motivate players that he actually knows and has worked with in the past is a major concern and hopefully one that the owners have spotted but will address once we're safe. Have the summer to regroup, bring in a manager who's either been successful or someone with promise and start afresh.

I like the majority do not want Penney at the helm next season - he was the wrong appointment last year and that's proven to come true.

Edited by Midsblue