Lewis Guy On Loan From Donny

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that decision has cost us at least 10 points this season ?

On what grounds exactly?

If you're going to look at games where taking away the goals that Brill was at fault for would change the final result, then we've lost five points - Swindon (2 points), Huddersfield (1 point), Wycombe (2 points). The other games where he's made errors: Hartlepool (well beat anyway) and Soton (outclassed and well beat). Not even taking into clean sheets he's kept and the penalty save at Exeter which saved us a point. And as for the decision costing us ten points...well we're also not taking into account the fact that Brill has yet to give away a penalty by running off his line like a headless chicken and bringing down a forward, which Fleming did at least three times in about half a season last year (Peterborough, Leicester, Orient), plus whatever he was doing on the last day at Walsall.

So stop pulling numbers out of thin air and start pulling your head out your backside.

Edited by jsslatic

I really don't understand some people's knowledge of the sport they watch week-in, week-out.

Most teams have 10 games remaining (obviously we have slightly more), so what manager in their right mind is gonna let anyone who scores goals out on loan? All we're gonna get is young kids and old journeymen.

I'm not expecting miracles, but if he can chip in with 4 or 5, definitetly on the basis of this season, he'll have done a fantastic job.

After a year I am still curious about what Fleming was supposed to do with the suicide backpass from Maher at Leicester.

Stand there and let the striker run at him? We know that is the Brill approach to things, hence the surprise against Walsall when he steamed out of the box, wiped Byfield out and somehow avoided a red card.

The thing is I reckon Fleming has some basic ability, decent shot stopper. He had some goalkeeping ability. He could have been improved with some coaching, the base was there. I honestly don't think we can say that for Brill. Error prone.

Fleming was homesick anyway. :wink:

so what manager in their right mind is gonna let anyone who scores goals out on loan? All we're gonna get is young kids and old journeymen.

Well we did with Hughes.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

After a year I am still curious about what Fleming was supposed to do with the suicide backpass from Maher at Leicester.

Stand there and let the striker run at him? We know that is the Brill approach to things, hence the surprise against Walsall when he steamed out of the box, wiped Byfield out and somehow avoided a red card.

The thing is I reckon Fleming has some basic ability, decent shot stopper. He had some goalkeeping ability. He could have been improved with some coaching, the base was there. I honestly don't think we can say that for Brill. Error prone.

Well we did with Hughes.

Peterborough just have too with Boyd - and are allegedly looking to do so with Mackail-Smith...........it does happen.

Edited by slystallone

Well we did with Hughes.

Hughes couldn't have scored in a prison shower room at the time we sent him off, his form, past record, age and fitness then were exactly the sort of loanee we were pulling our hair out over getting from other clubs.

Peterborough just have too with Boyd - and are allegedly looking to do so with Mackail-Smith...........it does happen.

"Have just had to".

Forest can pay his wages, are a bigger club, and doing very well. Hughesy was playing awful, and Joe didn't like his influence on the side. Both are totally different to what my point was.

Hughes couldn't have scored in a prison shower room at the time we sent him off, his form, past record, age and fitness then were exactly the sort of loanee we were pulling our hair out over getting from other clubs.

He had 3 in his last 6 before he left. Yes I have just checked Soccerbase :grin:

I am going to be radical and put something positive on here. if lewis guy is happy to sign on loan for Latics (plenty of players patently are not) and help them to get out of the relegation threat, he will have my 100% support tonight and any other game he plays in a Latics shirt.

If he puts in the effort he will have a head start on some of his squad mates (Parker / Smalley)

If he puts in a tackle or competitive header of any sort beore the hour mark, he will be ahead of others (Whittaker)

Give the lad a chance and togther with the young uns, (Eaves & Millar) and quality we all know there is inthe team, even if doesn't always show through, we may find we even get some enthusiasm in the team to play some football. It must be a nightmare for the committed members of the team to have to carry two or three every game which seems to have been the case for most of the season. Ditch the shirkers Dave and let's all get behind the lads.

Sod what this means for the manager. Personally I have zero wish to see my team lose just to make some people happy about a change of manager. The opposition fans are good enough at doing that without us all joining in!!!

:):):)

• 1 month later...
I had an awful feeling he would end up here :disappointed: desperation signing

Another Yorkshire reject

Well played Penney

do you actually do any scouting or just get rejects from your old clubs :ranting:

from my Donny mate:

'Thank god he is gone, our worst player, never scores, poor player all round'

PENNEY OUT!! SIGNING HIS MATES AGAIN!!

I think this will be the nail in Penney's coffin on two fronts -

A. The lad won't score the goals we desperately need so we're relying on Abbott again but funding another square peg in a round hole

B. Another of Penney's old faces that emphasises the fact that Penney is unable to scout players or unable to attract a decent striker to the club

Seriously underwhelmed with Penney as a manager; his inability to motivate players that he actually knows and has worked with in the past is a major concern and hopefully one that the owners have spotted but will address once we're safe. Have the summer to regroup, bring in a manager who's either been successful or someone with promise and start afresh.

I like the majority do not want Penney at the helm next season - he was the wrong appointment last year and that's proven to come true.

This has now gone past desperation and borders on sheer lunacy by a mentally deranged manager.

Would rather have signed guy the gorilla

I would have no problem him signing guy - if he scored goals!!!

We need goals, so what does he do - ok brandy turned us down, but he goes for his old mates again just like moore did ala swailes scott etc.

This lad aint scored for 2 1/2 YEARS!!!!

This signing is purely PATHETIC and DESPERATE

You just don't help yourself do you Dave........

Bump.

To be fair, there was every reason to suspect Guy wasn't going to do the business, jss.

I wasn't overly concerned by his signing, but I understand why people were.

It's a joke how people write players off before they arrive, purely based on a few stats. Turns out Guy was exactly what we needed.

QUOTE (jonnyl@tic @ Mar 15 2010, 16:46 PM)

I had an awful feeling he would end up here desperation signing

QUOTE (razza699 @ Mar 15 2010, 16:47 PM)

Another Yorkshire reject

Well played Penney

do you actually do any scouting or just get rejects from your old clubs

QUOTE (shefflatic @ Mar 15 2010, 16:58 PM)

from my Donny mate:

'Thank god he is gone, our worst player, never scores, poor player all round'

PENNEY OUT!! SIGNING HIS MATES AGAIN!!

QUOTE (Midsblue @ Mar 15 2010, 17:06 PM)

I think this will be the nail in Penney's coffin on two fronts -

A. The lad won't score the goals we desperately need so we're relying on Abbott again but funding another square peg in a round hole

B. Another of Penney's old faces that emphasises the fact that Penney is unable to scout players or unable to attract a decent striker to the club

Seriously underwhelmed with Penney as a manager; his inability to motivate players that he actually knows and has worked with in the past is a major concern and hopefully one that the owners have spotted but will address once we're safe. Have the summer to regroup, bring in a manager who's either been successful or someone with promise and start afresh.

I like the majority do not want Penney at the helm next season - he was the wrong appointment last year and that's proven to come true.

QUOTE (losesome @ Mar 15 2010, 17:35 PM)

This has now gone past desperation and borders on sheer lunacy by a mentally deranged manager.

QUOTE (smithers271 @ Mar 15 2010, 18:10 PM)

Would rather have signed guy the gorilla

QUOTE (shefflatic @ Mar 15 2010, 19:15 PM)

I would have no problem him signing guy - if he scored goals!!!

We need goals, so what does he do - ok brandy turned us down, but he goes for his old mates again just like moore did ala swailes scott etc.

This lad aint scored for 2 1/2 YEARS!!!!

This signing is purely PATHETIC and DESPERATE

You just don't help yourself do you Dave........

Bump.

It is quite funny.

But in the interests of fairness...

I really don't understand some people's knowledge of the sport they watch week-in, week-out.

Most teams have 10 games remaining (obviously we have slightly more), so what manager in their right mind is gonna let anyone who scores goals out on loan? All we're gonna get is young kids and old journeymen.

I'm not expecting miracles, but if he can chip in with 4 or 5, definitetly on the basis of this season, he'll have done a fantastic job.