Lewis Guy On Loan From Donny

SMS.

Overwhelmed by this signing I really am!

I am underwhelmed also - but as always willing to give the guy a try...

Stats show that he is a 1 in 8 goalscorer:

All time playing career

Club

Hartlepool Loan 4 (0) 0

Doncaster Free 74 (74) 18

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And today’s lucky winner of 'ah panic; quick where that list of my previous clubs playing squads' is……….Lewis Guy. Come on down.

At this stage of the season; I was hardly expecting anyone who was brought in to a world beater but this just smacks of desperation.

A 1 in 8/9 striker who’s not scored for nearly 2 ½ years – exactly what we needed to come in and bang in the goals to help our survival.

We already have a Keigan Parker to wander around and flatter to deceive – to stand upfront with Pav and aimlessly run without ever threatening to do anything. Oh, and fall over lots.

We’re now paying for someone else’s to come and do that – joy.

Oh well; here's hoping that Lewis comes in and amazes us all with a fantastic output of 5 goals in 5 starts to propel us up the league…….

Flabbergasted!

He will probably play him on the wing. :wink:

Sod that! He's probably still injured and won't last more than two games.

Crap move...another raid on the old stomping ground is just re-enforcing Penney's apparent inability to bring in the required personnel.

My reluctance to say "get rid" is slowly being worn away.

So the manager brings in a good striker two weeks ago, but said striker then gets injured for six weeks. The manager then gets on the phone, agrees a deal with a club but can't get the player to come, so gives his fringe striker a chance to perform on Saturday. By all accounts he plays dreadfully, so rather than sit back and let him play again in three days time, he does what most of the fans seem to think he should - bring another striker in to supersede the apparent waste-of-space who looks disinterested in playing for the team. Rather than wait until the day of the game to bring in a striker (and let us not forget that last time the manager brought in a player on the day of a game at Edgeley Park he was lambasted by a large section of the support for doing so), he brings in a player the day before so he can train with the team and get to know them before they play together. Having exhausted all other options in the previous week and in need of someone in as quick as possible (because the fringe striker is seemingly the spawn of Satan), the manager turns to a player who he knows and is available to come.

Give the bloke a break.

Welcome to BP, Lewis.

Edited by jsslatic

So the manager brings in a good striker two weeks ago, but said striker then gets injured for six weeks. The manager then gets on the phone, agrees a deal with a club but can't get the player to come, so gives his fringe striker a chance to perform on Saturday. By all accounts he plays dreadfully, so rather than sit back and let him play again in three days time, he does what most of the fans seem to think he should - bring another striker in to supersede the apparent waste-of-space who looks disinterested in playing for the team. Rather than wait until the day of the game to bring in a striker (and let us not forget that last time the manager brought in a player on the day of a game at Edgeley Park he was lambasted by a large section of the support for doing so), he brings in a player the day before so he can train with the team and get to know them before they play together. Having exhausted all other options in the previous week and in need of someone in as quick as possible (because the fringe striker is seemingly the spawn of Satan), the manager turns to a player who he knows and is available to come.

Give the bloke a break.

Welcome to BP, Lewis.

I'd give Guy a break; I'll support him when he plays and hope he scores.

However, Penney needs to go and if we avoid relegation with Guy's goals then it's delaying the inevitable and masking the mistake of having Penney at the helm.

Give the bloke a break.

Welcome to BP, Lewis.

You forgot to mention signing the replacement striker from one of his previous clubs despite almost every manager in the world doing the same thing for ages

You forgot to mention signing the replacement striker from one of his previous clubs despite almost every manager in the world doing the same thing for ages

He'll be running out soon. We've tried Heffernan, Price and now Guy. And Abbott permanently. Curtis Main, come on down.

Give the bloke a break.

Welcome to BP, Lewis.

I would have no problem him signing guy - if he scored goals!!!

We need goals, so what does he do - ok brandy turned us down, but he goes for his old mates again just like moore did ala swailes scott etc.

This lad aint scored for 2 1/2 YEARS!!!!

How about franks from boro?

clarke from blackpool? (granted he turned us down in june but still)

mcphee from blackpool? (injury prone but at least has scored goals in the past)

This signing is purely PATHETIC and DESPERATE

Give Eaves a go - he at least has scored 15+ for the youths and ressies over the past years and montha, not gone 2yrs without one.

Just like dean brill - an ABSOLUTE JOKE!

You just don't help yourself do you Dave........

Give the bloke a break.

Welcome to BP, Lewis.

Agreed.

I think my previous wish for Penney to be sacked has actually been surpassed by a desire for him to do well and prove these people who knock him at every opportunity wrong.

He'll be running out soon. We've tried Heffernan, Price and now Guy. And Abbott permanently. Curtis Main, come on down.

James Hayter? You are right though we are running low on ex-Penney players left (although I can see Heff +/- Price being here next season)

James Hayter? You are right though we are running low on ex-Penney players left (although I can see Heff +/- Price being here next season)

id take the heff,but not price..did ok but hasnt got any kind of speed

maybe because of the circumstances with nardiello we may be able to get him back next season,either on half or full season loan

id take the heff,but not price..did ok but hasnt got any kind of speed

maybe because of the circumstances with nardiello we may be able to get him back next season,either on half or full season loan

I'd take Price to play when Abbott gets injured and to give Eaves that little bit longer before we throw him in on a more regular basis. TBH though with Parker still at the club and probably on a decent wage I think we will need to get rid of him before we can do too much in the forward transfer market.

So the manager brings in a good striker two weeks ago...

Give the bloke a break.

Welcome to BP, Lewis.

+1

I was a bit shocked by the reaction. Anyone would have thought Big Joe had dropped Ron Futcher (for getting sent off in the reserves) and brought in Ian Ormondroyd on loan just as we're making the final push on promotion to the top flight... Oh. :lol:

I really hope Lewis Guy gets injured tomorrow, to stop getting stick off all of you, majority of you aint seen him play more than a few games against us.

1 in 8, so what? he might bag one a game for us, maybe 1 in 2, who knows?

any striker you get is a risk, and criticising him before he plays is a f*ckin joke!

tell you what, lets not put him in the squad and play parker upfront instead!

grow up!