lost the fans

DP has lost the fans.Can we possibly compete with other teams in this league with limited numbers of season tickets being sold?Whatever he does between now and the end of the season will not improve season ticket sales.If he is still here next season expect more of the same.Why is he still here?

DP has lost the fans.Can we possibly compete with other teams in this league with limited numbers of season tickets being sold?Whatever he does between now and the end of the season will not improve season ticket sales.If he is still here next season expect more of the same.Why is he still here?

SC has repeatedly stated at the forums that he knows mistakes have been made. The above quote resembles what is in my opinion, one of the biggest mistakes TTA have made since they have been here, when Ronnie Moore was dismissed.

I'm not referring to the actual sacking of RM, but stating that the reason for his sacking was low ST sales, basically handing a huge chunk of power to the fans, some of whom now think that "I just won't buy a season ticket, then they will have to sack Penney."

And that my friends echoes the single biggest f**k up TTA have made since they have been here, when Ronnie Moore was dismissed.

I'm not the actual sacking of RM, but stating that the reason for his sacking was low ST sales, basically handing a huge chunk of power to the fans, some of whom now think that "I just won't buy a season ticket, then they will have to sack Penney."

Exactly they gave in to the mob before and I don't think they should do the same again and we shouldn't do As far as I can see if he keeps us up he gets until November then we review the situation we have to show improvement not by much we just need to be taking steps forward by then if not then we get rid.

People seem to be under this mythical illusion that we can attract someone who can come in and solve all our problems overnight. Not going to happen people weather you like it or not.

he's been given a 2 year contract by the board so let him see it out,the guy's human he's made mistakes this season lets see what he does in the summer.Last night wasn't pretty but who cares we won and he did make changes,i.e flavahan won us the game.Get off his back last night abuse he got was cringeworthy.......

You can't just blame DP. The club as a whole has lost the fans. DP is just another nail in the coffin so to speak.

maybe maybe not...but the club employ dp....and they give him the funds to bring in his players...it isnt the board who are out there not banging goals in left right and centre is it...

the club and board have lost fans looking for an excuse not to attend by the state of the ground and the admission price...however it is the manager and players who have to shoulder the blame or responsibility for the dismall performances and lacklustre efforts....

I can see the owners getting rid of DP if season ticket sales drop. However, season ticket sales would need to drop by quite a bit (beyond the value of DP, Gray and the GK coach payoffs). That could mean 500 season ticket sales and no matter how unpopular DP is with some of the posters on here I can't see it dropping by that much. If that were to happen I think the owners would have no option but to hire a very popular Latics player from the past which is the wrong move for me.

I for one would keep DP, he has had some bad luck with injuries and had to rebuild almost an entire squad without spending too much money on transfers. I thought Keigan Parker was a good signing and I think a lot of people on here probably thought the same- now I don't. Put it this way if the owners were all that bothered about the fans opinions anymore would we be moving to Failsworth?

If you mean those 'fans' that were shamefully shouting that 'ridiculous' DP song and 'booing' at half time - YES HALF TIME WHEN 1 UP!!! then we are better to lose them as 'fans' than lose DP.

I genuinely hope that he rides through the next couple of very tough months and is given a chance to continue to 'build' his side, regardless of what a MINORITY are shouting/singing and spitting.

If you mean those 'fans' that were shamefully shouting that 'ridiculous' DP song and 'booing' at half time - YES HALF TIME WHEN 1 UP!!! then we are better to lose them as 'fans' than lose DP.

I genuinely hope that he rides through the next couple of very tough months and is given a chance to continue to 'build' his side, regardless of what a MINORITY are shouting/singing and spitting.

PAYING FANS for voicing an opinion?

PAYING FANS for voicing an opinion?

Voicing an opinion no problems good or bad Jacko - but please please tell me what good do people believe will come of booing the team at half time and at full time when the players come over to 'thank' those paying fans for turning up after a crucial 1-0 win?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't spur them on - I thought that was what we used to do when we won - regardless of position and situation.

Write to the club, write to the local rag, moan on here - but the abuse that DP and the team got last night imo was wrong.

Edited by futchers briefs

Voicing an opinion no problems good or bad Jacko - but please please tell me what good do people believe will come of booing the team at half time and at full time when the players come over to 'thank' those paying fans for turning up after a crucial 1-0 win?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't spur them on - I thought that was what we used to do when we won - regardless of position and situation.

Write to the club, write to the local rag, moan on here - but the abuse that DP and the team got last night imo was wrong.

Exactly.

To be fair the majority of the people singing the songs for Penney to go, applauded the players as they came over as I was looking to see if they would only a couple really abused the players. And lets be honest the players know full well that it is the manager who the fans have a problem with not them. (well the majority of them anyway)

I for one would keep DP, he has had some bad luck with injuries and had to rebuild almost an entire squad without spending too much money on transfers. I thought Keigan Parker was a good signing

may i ask wot planet you are one !!!!!!!!!!!

may i ask wot planet you are one !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on (note the no E) this one its called Earth; Parker looked a good signing when we got him, (you must have been doing something else as he murdered Gregan in the play-offs). He isn't and that was my point- can you tell me how DP was to know he was a workshy little :censored: ?

It's not the fans that turn up and sing these songs we should be worried about they are there. Probably for the long haul. It is the stay aways that will be most damaging to the club.

If Penney stays or goes we need more people through the gates regardless.

I'm on (note the no E) this one its called Earth; Parker looked a good signing when we got him, (you must have been doing something else as he murdered Gregan in the play-offs). He isn't and that was my point- can you tell me how DP was to know he was a workshy little :censored: ?

Possibly because he was a workshy little sh#t at Huddersfield and Hartlepool ?