Brentford Game/Post Game Thread

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can this club have a future under Penny.

The team that finished tonight contained only one signing of his and 2 Loan signings.

All the other players were here before he was and yet he has signed countless numbers who are either injured or just not good enough.

Penny is not good enough and should go now whilst we still have 9 games to save ourselves.

Even if we change the manager, I think we still go down.

The only consolation is, that we will hopefully have someone who can assess the damage, make the right moves during the Summer and who can get us back out of the basement league.

I'm not holding my breath.

Costly loss. We've now got only the one game in hand, and it isn't a game we're gonna get owt from.

Why is it the minute we start knocking in 2-a-game, we start defending like absolute idiots?

Penney out? It's one of those decisions that could work either way. At the moment, we're digging ourselves an even bigger hole. We can't be losing consecutive home games to Brighton and Brentford. I really don't get it - Penney is showing no emotion. What's he thinking? He stands there with his arrogant, smug manner, and that is summat I really don't appreciate seeing. I don't want to be patronised when hearing his thoughts about another loss. He's safe with a pay-off because it seems our owners have lost a bit of nerve since the fans have really started to shout their opinions.

I don't think he should go - I think it's too late to bring in anyone who has any chance of motivating the players. Whilst we're above the dropzone, we can't moan. Well, we can cos we've every right to, but I'm sure everyone would have us slump over the finishing line.

I really do think it's going all the way to the end of the season. We might actually get a chance to get some excitement!

Was there any Penny out chants tonight???

Yes a few chavs and strangely enough, you never heard it when we were 1-0 up or even 1-1 draw only when we got to 3-1 down and I lost my rag tonight and told them to sit down and behave and if they don't like what they see, save the £6.00 under 16 entrance fee and don't come back.Simples

If you want to protest, do it at the end to the players faces when they attempt to come over and applaud you

I have a feeling I may get chucked out next game for actually supporting my team. Interesting concept.

I didn't actually think we were that bad.

Rembering the game at 7.20pm after a big row with the princess over cat litter and mindless feline vandalism, the highlight of the evening for me occured outside the main stand at 7.40pm. Stood in the swirling rain cursing the length of the ticket office queue, I was just about making my mind up to go for the Rocky and it's cash at the turnstile policy. At this point an elderly gentleman came out of nowhere, discreetly getting my attention, and pushed a main stand upper ticket into my hand; didn't want and indeed refused to take anything for it! Pick that one out! I ended up sitting with the bloke, friendly fella and a proper Latic, he wouldn't even let me buy him a pie.

Anyway, the game, and Penney. Like I said I don't think we were that bad and feel unlucky to lose the game - it's seriously worrying now though. I was amongst the first calling for Penney's head (after the Tranmere horrow show) but soon warmed, slightly, to the idea of sticking with him. As far as I was concerned we'd pretty much hit rock bottom but stuck by him and performances, and results(?) picked up a little as Abbott and Stephens settled into the fold.

I thought after the Orient win that we would stay up, stopped worrying and started thinking let DP stay until summer and see what ticket sales may dictate. However that has of course changed and so I now advocate DP being issued an ultimatum of win on Saturday or be sacked. The reasoning behind this is that should we not collect 3 points then we are pretty much nailed on to go down under him, and so we might as well cut our losses and bring someone in to settle, assess and try to salvage what will be record low ticket sales. We might even stay up with the short-term upturn in performance new managers so often bring, especially if it was someone like Ritchie - feel good factors can be magical. Just ask Joe Royle.

:petesake:

How can this club have a future under Penny.

The team that finished tonight contained only one signing of his and 2 Loan signings.

All the other players were here before he was and yet he has signed countless numbers who are either injured or just not good enough.

Penny is not good enough and should go now whilst we still have 9 games to save ourselves.

This really caught my attention.

Considering the absolute rebuild job (which to be fair was always going to be difficult) he bought in virtually a whole side.

I just hope that we scrpate staying up, and go a la Roughyeds and get a few kids playing in the team.

To be fair to Penney, he has blooded a few kids this season,

Omar said the same thing too!! (in between brandishing his offensive weapon..................... :blink: )

that plastic is deadly when wet and to be fair to Omar - was at least on target and landed perfectly on the goaline.

However, I would have been mighlty peeved off with him if we had a shot on target, beat the goalie an the ball was going to cross the line snail pace but got deflected out by the ST - but typical latics luck eh!!

I didn't actually think we were that bad.

Rembering the game at 7.20pm after a big row with the princess over cat litter and mindless feline vandalism, the highlight of the evening for me occured outside the main stand at 7.40pm. Stood in the swirling rain cursing the length of the ticket office queue, I was just about making my mind up to go for the Rocky and it's cash at the turnstile policy. At this point an elderly gentleman came out of nowhere, discreetly getting my attention, and pushed a main stand upper ticket into my hand; didn't want and indeed refused to take anything for it! Pick that one out! I ended up sitting with the bloke, friendly fella and a proper Latic, he wouldn't even let me buy him a pie.

Anyway, the game, and Penney. Like I said I don't think we were that bad and feel unlucky to lose the game - it's seriously worrying now though. I was amongst the first calling for Penney's head (after the Tranmere horrow show) but soon warmed, slightly, to the idea of sticking with him. As far as I was concerned we'd pretty much hit rock bottom but stuck by him and performances, and results(?) picked up a little as Abbott and Stephens settled into the fold.

I thought after the Orient win that we would stay up, stopped worrying and started thinking let DP stay until summer and see what ticket sales may dictate. However that has of course changed and so I now advocate DP being issued an ultimatum of win on Saturday or be sacked. The reasoning behind this is that should we not collect 3 points then we are pretty much nailed on to go down under him, and so we might as well cut our losses and bring someone in to settle, assess and try to salvage what will be record low ticket sales. We might even stay up with the short-term upturn in performance new managers so often bring, especially if it was someone like Ritchie - feel good factors can be magical. Just ask Joe Royle.

:petesake:

Exactly the same thing happened to my old man outside the Chaddy tonight as well!!

Considering the absolute rebuild job (which to be fair was always going to be difficult) he bought in virtually a whole side.

I just hope that we scrpate staying up, and go a la Roughyeds and get a few kids playing in the team.

Me too. Bit of an eye opener.

Yes a few chavs and strangely enough, you never heard it when we were 1-0 up or even 1-1 draw only when we got to 3-1 down and I lost my rag tonight and told them to sit down and behave and if they don't like what they see, save the £6.00 under 16 entrance fee and don't come back.Simples

If you want to protest, do it at the end to the players faces when they attempt to come over and applaud you

I have a feeling I may get chucked out next game for actually supporting my team. Interesting concept.

The "few chavs" stop coming, you will moan about our poor attendences and the fact that people are stopping coming because we are :censored:e. If your that bothered, then encourage some atmosphere yourself.

I'm sick to :censored: death of happy clappers, who sit there on their hands moaning at fans who are passionate enough to tell the gob:censored:e players and manager what we think of them.

Matthew Upson said the other week about his fans booing them and singing your not fit to wear the shirt : "I would rather play for a set of fans passionate enough to sing things like that."

But you sit on your hands at the next game and, instead of creating a "positive" atmosphere, just give dirty looks to people who say anything negative as we lose at home to another team who are actually :censored:e!!!!!!

in response to to you and underdog i honestely think that you watch a different game than anybody knows anything about football , because the only tning that mr bad penney will bring oafc is relegation he is a master at crap tactics,cannot motivate players ,and the personel side of getting to know the fans is nil ! so that all makes a man who is totally crap for this club . but i may be wrong ,which i doght. :ranting:

The "few chavs" stop coming, you will moan about our poor attendences and the fact that people are stopping coming because we are :censored:e. If your that bothered, then encourage some atmosphere yourself.

I'm sick to :censored:in death of happy clappers, who sit there on their hands moaning at fans who are passionate enough to tell the gob:censored:e players and manager what we think of them.

Matthew Upson said the other week about his fans booing them and singing your not fit to wear the shirt : "I would rather play for a set of fans passionate enough to sing things like that."

But you sit on your hands at the next game and, instead of creating a "positive" atmosphere, just give dirty looks to people who say anything negative as we lose at home to another team who are actually :censored:e!!!!!!

+1

didn't see you in the second half Rocky......was it all too much for you? or too blooming cold... :wink:

I left as soon as the 3rd went in.

Before this season, i'd never left a game early. Stayed for the Cardiff massacre. At Hereford too. Then there was the countless times I got pissed wet through in the Paddock and never had any intention of leaving before the final whistle, even when the game was already lost.

This season however, as soon as we go two goals down. That's it. I'm off. About forty minutes of football i've missed in the last two home games. It'll be 90 minutes per game next season if that muppet is anywhere near this club.

I'm sick to :censored:in death of happy clappers, who sit there on their hands moaning at fans who are passionate enough to tell the gob:censored:e players and manager what we think of them.

Snookmeister likes this.

Spot on Mucker. :grin:

Well said!

+1

The voice of reason and sense...