Brentford Game/Post Game Thread

I suppose they were warm enough having been in his pockets 2 hours.

I'm not asking for no ranter or raver but JC. He stands there like a mourner at a frigging funeral.

Fits in well with the rest of the crowd.

You keep setting them up today and I keep knocking them in.

I'm here all week.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So in this respect, we never had land to sell...

If you want to go down that road then you cannot refer to Latics as "we" as the legal relationship that exists between you and Latics is less than what exists between TTA and Latics.

Did you know that Blackpool don't own there ground, its in a seperate company?

Edited by jimsleftfoot

If you want to go down that road then you cannot refer to Latics as "we" as the legal relationship that exists between you and Latics is less than what exists between TTA and Latics.

Did you know that Blackpool don't own there ground, its in a seperate company?

Didn't know, don't care, don't see the relevance... TTA have always stated OAFC 2004 will own the new Stadium...

Edited by oafc0000

Wadsworth lasted 6 months. His win ratio wasn't actually that bad. P35 W15 D11 L9.

Fair shout on Talbot even TTA admitted that one. Penney is running him close though.

At least Talbot had the club at heart and resigned!!!

You know; after a nights sleep; whilst I'm gutted at the result and its implications for our survival; I felt we played really well in parts last night; and but for some (out of recent character) shambolic defending [of which Penney can have no direct influence on] we would have taken something from the game.

Penney is now at the point of no return though with an increasing number of our 'fans' - he's dammed if he does / dammed if he doesn't really.

For the first time in a good while; I was entertained by the 93 minutes of football on show (the 3 minutes added on is for another post I think; one about incompetent officials) - and I felt we were bloody unlucky to not get anything from the game.

IMO the time for Penney to go has been and gone; it would be far more divisive to sack him now - if he was going to be sacked; it should maybe have been after the Tramps home game, but IMO certainly not now.

I actually agree with Penney on the fact that if we play like we did last night (minus the poor bitty defending that cost us the 2nd & 3rd goals) then we have a chance of getting the 3 points on Sat.

Taylor was much improved in the 2nd half and was a threat - I'd like him to vary his 'end product' more and stop cutting inside every time but it was on the hole a much improved performance.

Young Kirk showed a glimpse to the future; and was full of endeavour, commitment and some flashes of end product - putting to shame some of his older; more experienced squad-mates.

Kieran Lee was my MoTM.

Stephens was solid in the CM.

Pawel scored a top draw goal and was in the right place for his second; and whole-heartedly led the line.

Tom Eaves again had a decent cameo.

If those players all continue with similar performances on sat; and Reuben and Sean get 1 bad game out of their system; I think we'll be right for the win.

I have certain issues with Penney and his tactics over the course of this season; but last night I actually felt for him. Think a while ago; LaticPete said he'd have more respect for the Penney Outers if they were consistent with their songs - well it was quite on that front when we were playing well.........then its raise the roof time with the chants after the 3rd........

Whilst others around me were signing the anti songs - I got behind the team and the lads who were out their playing in blue. Some around me were doing the same; but above me in the Main Upper and across at the RRE; more were interesting in the opposite whilst the game had a good while still to go..................

+1

I haven't called for Penney's head...

And today is no exception, I said if we were to get rid of Penney it would have to be no later than Wycombe, that was our point of no return.

yup, too late. if we get rid now we get relegated. if we keep him, we have a decent chance to stay up and i think we will.

but at the end of the season, i want him to go. he wont attract any players that we need and we'll end up with more colbecks.

You know; after a nights sleep; whilst I'm gutted at the result and its implications for our survival; I felt we played really well in parts last night; and but for some (out of recent character) shambolic defending [of which Penney can have no direct influence on] we would have taken something from the game.

Penney is now at the point of no return though with an increasing number of our 'fans' - he's dammed if he does / dammed if he doesn't really.

For the first time in a good while; I was entertained by the 93 minutes of football on show (the 3 minutes added on is for another post I think; one about incompetent officials) - and I felt we were bloody unlucky to not get anything from the game.

IMO the time for Penney to go has been and gone; it would be far more divisive to sack him now - if he was going to be sacked; it should maybe have been after the Tramps home game, but IMO certainly not now.

I actually agree with Penney on the fact that if we play like we did last night (minus the poor bitty defending that cost us the 2nd & 3rd goals) then we have a chance of getting the 3 points on Sat.

Taylor was much improved in the 2nd half and was a threat - I'd like him to vary his 'end product' more and stop cutting inside every time but it was on the hole a much improved performance.

Young Kirk showed a glimpse to the future; and was full of endeavour, commitment and some flashes of end product - putting to shame some of his older; more experienced squad-mates.

Kieran Lee was my MoTM.

Stephens was solid in the CM.

Pawel scored a top draw goal and was in the right place for his second; and whole-heartedly led the line.

Tom Eaves again had a decent cameo.

If those players all continue with similar performances on sat; and Reuben and Sean get 1 bad game out of their system; I think we'll be right for the win.

I have certain issues with Penney and his tactics over the course of this season; but last night I actually felt for him. Think a while ago; LaticPete said he'd have more respect for the Penney Outers if they were consistent with their songs - well it was quite on that front when we were playing well.........then its raise the roof time with the chants after the 3rd........

Whilst others around me were signing the anti songs - I got behind the team and the lads who were out their playing in blue. Some around me were doing the same; but above me in the Main Upper and across at the RRE; more were interesting in the opposite whilst the game had a good while still to go..................

In 10 pages of reactionary bull:censored: (unsurprising) we finally have someone talking about the game with some perspective.

The "few chavs" stop coming, you will moan about our poor attendences and the fact that people are stopping coming because we are :censored:e. If your that bothered, then encourage some atmosphere yourself.

I'm sick to :censored: death of happy clappers, who sit there on their hands moaning at fans who are passionate enough to tell the gob:censored:e players and manager what we think of them.

Matthew Upson said the other week about his fans booing them and singing your not fit to wear the shirt : "I would rather play for a set of fans passionate enough to sing things like that."

But you sit on your hands at the next game and, instead of creating a "positive" atmosphere, just give dirty looks to people who say anything negative as we lose at home to another team who are actually :censored:e!!!!!!

Actually, I don't sit, I stand as I am short enough for the stewards not to get hold of me, yes I sing, Yes I will clap a good pass and two good goals last night I saw (one ours, one theirs) and I was one of them singing last night too - which of late has been rare I admit. However, I am now at a stage where our fans are peeing me off more and no I am not the kind of character to sit there and give dirty looks. God gave me a big gob and unfortunatley, I use it. Maybe I should not go anymore because I can't trust myself for kicking off with my own fans - not the players or manager - with my own fans.

Anyway, What I don't agree with is the negative crap during the game - "penney out", Giving grieve to a young player who lost a ball - Jesus did he get it too. Any player on that pitch must feel they walked into a gladitorial pit. Our captain and Chis Taylor have asked you for your support in several articles. Are we listening?

Protest - yes any all means its your right too like any other supporter who has paid but to be honest if I was a player hearing all that crap every week - I would be seriously praying for the game to be over with an considering if I wanted to pull that shirt on again.

Hell I love my club but I would NOT want to pull our team shirt on at the mo and play at BP with our crowd - would you?

Brentford has passed and another game on Sat to look forward too - wow what an exciting life I lead.

Actually, I don't sit, I stand as I am short enough for the stewards not to get hold of me, yes I sing, Yes I will clap a good pass and two good goals last night I saw (one ours, one theirs) and I was one of them singing last night too - which of late has been rare I admit. However, I am now at a stage where our fans are peeing me off more and no I am not the kind of character to sit there and give dirty looks. God gave me a big gob and unfortunatley, I use it. Maybe I should not go anymore because I can't trust myself for kicking off with my own fans - not the players or manager - with my own fans.

Anyway, What I don't agree with is the negative crap during the game - "penney out", Giving grieve to a young player who lost a ball - Jesus did he get it too. Any player on that pitch must feel they walked into a gladitorial pit. Our captain and Chis Taylor have asked you for your support in several articles. Are we listening?

Protest - yes any all means its your right too like any other supporter who has paid but to be honest if I was a player hearing all that crap every week - I would be seriously praying for the game to be over with an considering if I wanted to pull that shirt on again.

Hell I love my club but I would NOT want to pull our team shirt on at the mo and play at BP with our crowd - would you?

Brentford has passed and another game on Sat to look forward too - wow what an exciting life I lead.

Maybe I should not go anymore because I can't trust myself for kicking off with my own fans - not the players or manager - with my own fans.

Tracy, people are totally :censored:ed off with what they pay for and see on the pitch, what else can they do other than vent their frustration?

Our captain and Chis Taylor have asked you for your support in several articles. Are we listening?

Are they listening? These people are in a very priviliged position and are the first to moan when they get a bit of stick. I'll swap a full weekend of 12 hour nights with them and see how they fancy a real :censored:ing job.

Maybe I should not go anymore because I can't trust myself for kicking off with my own fans - not the players or manager - with my own fans.

Tracy, people are totally :censored:ed off with what they pay for and see on the pitch, what else can they do other than vent their frustration?

Our captain and Chis Taylor have asked you for your support in several articles. Are we listening?

Are they listening? These people are in a very priviliged position and are the first to moan when they get a bit of stick. I'll swap a full weekend of 12 hour nights with them and see how they fancy a real :censored:ing job.

exactly - if i was one of the players and saw 2000 of MY club fans booing me i would want to put on performance that would shut them up! Not hide for 90mins because they are booing me!

Personally I think far too many of the crowd are booing too readily too often. Last night the boo's were ringing around the Chaddy after the second and third goals also, after Stephens played two iffy short of legs balls just outside our box in quick succession. It's too much and way too often lately.

Edited by Lags

Personally I think far too many of the crowd are booing too readily too often. Last night the boo's were ringing around the Chaddy after the second and third goals also, after Stephens played to iffy short of legs balls just outside our box in quick succession. It's too much and way too often lately.

Just a point, pay your money, speak your mind. But booing for me is a no no.

Feel free to come and give me "both barrels" if you wish, because I will be venting my frustration at the gutless sack of :censored:e that we have playing for us.

I do give them support, but when they have been inept as they have been in recent months, if not all season, I will give them as much grief as I possibly can. I pay my money, I will tell them how I feel.

As for you asking would I want to pull the Latics shirt - too :censored:ing right I would, and I would show more passion in a ten minute cameo off the bench than the whole team have all season, Gregan excluded.

Bunch of gutless pricks.

Feel free to come and give me "both barrels" if you wish, because I will be venting my frustration at the gutless sack of :censored:e that we have playing for us.

I do give them support, but when they have been inept as they have been in recent months, if not all season, I will give them as much grief as I possibly can. I pay my money, I will tell them how I feel.

As for you asking would I want to pull the Latics shirt - too :censored:ing right I would, and I would show more passion in a ten minute cameo off the bench than the whole team have all season, Gregan excluded.

Bunch of gutless pricks.

+1

Put that shirt on ? Hell yes I would!!! I doubt many grown man around here Haven't dreamed of doing that...

Edited by oafc0000

Yep I agree martin, we have the right we pay our dues put when is there a right time to voice it? Before, during or after the game?

real job, yes again I agree. You know more than me about how they train, how often and where. is it too much for those players to give it 100% for 90mins? To some it obviously is

Yep I agree martin, we have the right we pay our dues put when is there a right time to voice it? Before, during or after the game?

real job, yes again I agree. You know more than me about how they train, how often and where. is it too much for those players to give it 100% for 90mins? To some it obviously is

exactly - if i was one of the players and saw 2000 of MY club fans booing me i would want to put on performance that would shut them up! Not hide for 90mins because they are booing me!

Yes I like it, do the opposite and prove the fans wrong and two fingers to them too. Wouldn't we have a great game if all 11 players did this on Sat? Somehow, I don't think they all can, why I don't know, but we see it and they just can't manage it :disappointed:

Bunch of gutless pricks.

Like your honesty, I'll be in the rifle range about 12.30ish in the pool room. I will buy you a pre-friendly pint or if you prefere - pie and peas. Then at 3pm the gloves are off and if our team lets us down, we will let rip/vent our opinions as we see fit either pitch wise or across the passage of the RRE.

Don't let my glasses,whooley hat, blonde hair and that I am female lull you into a false sense of security either.

I bet we'll both show more passion in our tiarades/singing every match than some players have done all seasons. Its just a shame it shows.

Let me know on the pint/pie-peas

If not, at least we will both be at BP on Saturday supporting our team. Which is a good thing

Like your honesty, I'll be in the rifle range about 12.30ish in the pool room. I will buy you a pre-friendly pint or if you prefere - pie and peas. Then at 3pm the gloves are off and if our team lets us down, we will let rip/vent our opinions as we see fit either pitch wise or across the passage of the RRE.

Don't let my glasses,whooley hat, blonde hair and that I am female lull you into a false sense of security either.

I bet we'll both show more passion in our tiarades/singing every match than some players have done all seasons. Its just a shame it shows.

Let me know on the pint/pie-peas

If not, at least we will both be at BP on Saturday supporting our team. Which is a good thing

Not a chance in hell of me going in there!!!! However, I read on a post the other day that you sit with/near Luke. I will probably be at the back speaking to him at half time so feel free to come and chat with me about our managers tactical disability.

Not a chance in hell of me going in there!!!! However, I read on a post the other day that you sit with/near Luke. I will probably be at the back speaking to him at half time so feel free to come and chat with me about our managers tactical disability.

I may do Lee if I get a chance to as on Sat, I will have my two nephews with me pestering to see Chaddy at half time but I will see if I can peg it up the stairs. One is quite witty for a five year old as he mention the other week that Dean Brill would have made a save that Flav didn't as he is "taller".

Lets hope the team are up for it and don't disappoint.

Here's to two goals on sat - oh yes for us :wink:

Well, exactly. All this nonsense that's spouted that DP doesn't care about it all is completely based on the fact that his habitual posture is with his hands in his pockets. Even if isn't overly concerned with the club (which would again be an unfounded accusation), he certainly doesn't want a relegation on his CV.

Still, it's another thing to use against him. If people say something enough times then it will be accepted as true.

Throw enough sheeet...some of it sticks.

Didn't know, don't care, don't see the relevance... TTA have always stated OAFC 2004 will own the new Stadium...

Who owns OAFC 2004?