Dave Penney

He is CLUELESS!!!!!

What person in the right mind takes off Chris Taylor who ran riot all game and Pawel Abbott who is our top goalscorer when we're 1-0 down and playing well?!?!?!!

Is this man for real?

fraid so ,

unless he is a mirage

He is CLUELESS!!!!!

What person in the right mind takes off Chris Taylor who ran riot all game and Pawel Abbott who is our top goalscorer when we're 1-0 down and playing well?!?!?!!

Is this man for real?

That'll be the not fully fit Chris Taylor, and Pawel Abbott taken of with the crucial games coming up, and whom Huddersfield had contained in the 2nd half with promotion chasing Huddersfield having to completely re-shape their tema int he 2nd half to try adn shackle us, and having completed 80 & 82 minutes of the game. Right?

Maybe apart from those reasons you could have a point.

You'd think they were taken off after 25 minutes with your rant.

Edited by singe

He is CLUELESS!!!!!

Is this man for real?

Taylor and abbot were both dead on there feet, he brought on like for like dont really see an issue, seems like any exscuse for penney bashing

Not fully fit? He seemed fit enough to me when he was :censored:ting on their full-back all game. And Abbott for Colbeck? Like for like my arse.

two subs in two minutes eaves and colbeck, taylor and abbot dont let the facts get in the way of a good moan eh

Edited by shaw_blue

He is CLUELESS!!!!!

Is this man for real?

Some people are really getting desperate for reasons to have a go at penney now. It's all getting so very boring.

Some people are really getting desperate for reasons to have a go at penney now. It's all getting so very boring.

How is it possibly desperate? It was a ridiculous couple of substitutions. I'd say that whether it was Dave Penney in charge or José Mourinho...

How is it possibly desperate? It was a ridiculous couple of substitutions. I'd say that whether it was Dave Penney in charge or José Mourinho...

Yep, taking off a winger and replacing him with a winger and taking off a striker and replacing him with a striker certainly sounds ridiculous. Whatever will happen next?? A defender for a defender??? :shock:

Yep, taking off a winger and replacing him with a winger and taking off a striker and replacing him with a striker certainly sounds ridiculous. Whatever will happen next?? A defender for a defender??? :shock:

Taking off our best player on the night and the heart of every attack and repacing him with a no-hoper who quite possibly couldnt get in Mossleys first team and taking off our top goal scorer and replacing him with possibly the worst signing Penney made all season.

Taking off our best player on the night and the heart of every attack and repacing him with a no-hoper who quite possibly couldnt get in Mossleys first team and taking off our top goal scorer and replacing him with possibly the worst signing Penney made all season.

So Colbeck replaced Taylor & Eaves replaced Abbott. Taylor - carrying an injury and was struggling to keep going for the full ninety - Abbott ran his heart out and was probably in need of a breather.

The two that came on - a winger and a striker - neither is a no-hoper and both would get into Mossley's first team (imho).

The team played well last night by all accounts - the substitutions were fair given the circumstances.

You are entitled to your opinion - but I wonder if many would share the same views?

Nope - you cannot convince me that Penney did too much wrong last night. :wink:

Just had a report of the Huddersfield fan at work,

he said we deserved something out the game and that they was poor by their standards,

he said they thought their Christmas had come early when we took Abbott and Taylor off,

and he finished by saying does your manager ever take his hands out of his pocket? Most static manager Ive seen for years! :lol:

he said we deserved something out the game and that they was poor by their standards,

he said they thought their Christmas had come early when we took Abbott and Taylor off,

and he finished by saying does your manager ever take his hands out of his pocket? Most static manager Ive seen for years! :lol:

That, my friend, is because it had! They were :censored: substitutions end of.

So Colbeck replaced Taylor & Eaves replaced Abbott. Taylor - carrying an injury and was struggling to keep going for the full ninety - Abbott ran his heart out and was probably in need of a breather.

The two that came on - a winger and a striker - neither is a no-hoper and both would get into Mossley's first team (imho).

The team played well last night by all accounts - the substitutions were fair given the circumstances.

You are entitled to your opinion - but I wonder if many would share the same views?

Nope - you cannot convince me that Penney did too much wrong last night. :wink:

He might be able to convince 143 others with the possibility of an extra 99

There was this 'Penney Out' protest march on saturday and.....what? only 25 turned up...........they were all in their teens.........what went wrong?

Both of them were pretty ineffectual second half last night. Pav always wanted another touch and Taylor started running into blind alleys.

I couldn't see us getting the 2 goals we needed to win the game if we could have put Messi on so taking them off to give them a break for games where we could get something out of wasn't that bad an idea.

I did see Penney's hands out of his pockets too - boy am I out of step with a lot of people.

Both of them were pretty ineffectual second half last night. Pav always wanted another touch and Taylor started running into blind alleys.

I couldn't see us getting the 2 goals we needed to win the game if we could have put Messi on so taking them off to give them a break for games where we could get something out of wasn't that bad an idea.

I did see Penney's hands out of his pockets too - boy am I out of step with a lot of people.

The only thing I would say is that on about 88 mins, just before they scored the second, we put a ball in that found Tom Eaves totally unmarked at the back post, he just needed to control it and would have had a clear shot from 6 yards, however he ended up panicing and shinning it accross the goal. It was clearly the best chance of the second half.

Paw may have spooned it too, but I'd have much rather the chance fallen to him than Eaves. Thats what having your leading scorer on the pitch gives you.

I'm not buying the 'resting' crap. We were one-nil down and the better team (even with 10 men). If that isnt an opportunity to get soemthing then I dont know what is.

Edited by BigfinLatic

I must disagree with this post. For the first time this season i was encouraged with what i saw from Penny.

Firstly he started the game with a 4-5-1 which town were no where near expecting. The boy's played the best footballing first half I have seen from them yet, willing to close down straight away, always looked to get Stephens on the ball early and the extra pace out wide with Guy game them a real headache, If it hadn't been for poor finishing (story of our season) we could have gone in at half time two to the good.

Clark then changed their structure at half time and got them attacking the channels between our CB's and full backs, again due to the work rate and discipline there wasn't an issue. Again town were frustrated and had to change their formation to 4-5-1 to counter our dominant midfield, within seconds Penny decided to give them the midfield and change to 4-4-2 to try and get something for the game.

Lee see's red and again Penny changes it up, going for broke and goes to 3-4-2. In my opinion good on him, nothing to loose and everything to gain. He make the much talked about substitutions to try and inject something different into it. Pav was knackered and also looked to be carrying some knock, Taylor was just ineffective, found out within the first 30mins by Hudds, always cutting inside and once pressured always looking to recycle the ball, in a nutshell not a threat.

If only Eves had composure we would have been 1-1 with 6mins to play, missed a sidefoot volley from 8yds which debatable he even had time to take a touch on, the sign of other player without confidence.

All in All a really good display from the lads, a desire to play football, lots of running up front, a manager who for once responded to what he saw in the game. If only we had composure in front of the pegs!

Anyway that is only my thoughts from what i saw.

I must disagree with this post. For the first time this season i was encouraged with what i saw from Penny.

Firstly he started the game with a 4-5-1 which town were no where near expecting. The boy's played the best footballing first half I have seen from them yet, willing to close down straight away, always looked to get Stephens on the ball early and the extra pace out wide with Guy game them a real headache, If it hadn't been for poor finishing (story of our season) we could have gone in at half time two to the good.

Clark then changed their structure at half time and got them attacking the channels between our CB's and full backs, again due to the work rate and discipline there wasn't an issue. Again town were frustrated and had to change their formation to 4-5-1 to counter our dominant midfield, within seconds Penny decided to give them the midfield and change to 4-4-2 to try and get something for the game.

Lee see's red and again Penny changes it up, going for broke and goes to 3-4-2. In my opinion good on him, nothing to loose and everything to gain. He make the much talked about substitutions to try and inject something different into it. Pav was knackered and also looked to be carrying some knock, Taylor was just ineffective, found out within the first 30mins by Hudds, always cutting inside and once pressured always looking to recycle the ball, in a nutshell not a threat.

If only Eves had composure we would have been 1-1 with 6mins to play, missed a sidefoot volley from 8yds which debatable he even had time to take a touch on, the sign of other player without confidence.

All in All a really good display from the lads, a desire to play football, lots of running up front, a manager who for once responded to what he saw in the game. If only we had composure in front of the pegs!

Anyway that is only my thoughts from what i saw.

The Penney bashing as lost this one this time. Tom Eaves had a fantastic chance to level prior to Hudds goal, had he done better like perhaps he ought too, what would you be saying?

It's all about opinions, but trust me around where I was sat a good amount was calling for Taylor to be subbed. Guess what? he was. Taylor had done well most the game as had the entire team who deserved at least a point and probably more, however Taylor was running out of steam. His first touch started to desert him and his second touch became a tackle and lost ball.

The Penney bashing as lost this one this time. Tom Eaves had a fantastic chance to level prior to Hudds goal, had he done better like perhaps he ought too, what would you be saying?

It's all about opinions, but trust me around where I was sat a good amount was calling for Taylor to be subbed. Guess what? he was. Taylor had done well most the game as had the entire team who deserved at least a point and probably more, however Taylor was running out of steam. His first touch started to desert him and his second touch became a tackle and lost ball.

I said recently that DP is dammed if he does; dammed if he doesn't now with a growing majority of our fanbase; and I stick to it.

I honestly don't know what more he can he - he changes formation and tactically out-foxes a top 6 manager (Didn't think I'd be typing that in regards to DP but hey!) and we play some of the best football we've managed to muster all season. He makes some changes in an honest attempt to kept the pressure up and try and get something form the game; and in doing so takes off 2 players who had run out of steam (as they have been doing around the 75+ minute mark since they both came back from their respective injuries) and again he is pilloried for it.

Oh, and as for dropping a 17 year old who has been thrust into first team football somewhat prematurely; when a number of scouts were in attendance and he is yet to sign a full pro contract with us; well quite simply Dave; Fookin' Boooooooooo!!!!!

I said recently that DP is dammed if he does; dammed if he doesn't now with a growing majority of our fanbase; and I stick to it.

I honestly don't know what more he can he - he changes formation and tactically out-foxes a top 6 manager (Didn't think I'd be typing that in regards to DP but hey!) and we play some of the best football we've managed to muster all season. He makes some changes in an honest attempt to kept the pressure up and try and get something form the game; and in doing so takes off 2 players who had run out of steam (as they have been doing around the 75+ minute mark since they both came back from their respective injuries) and again he is pilloried for it.

Oh, and as for dropping a 17 year old who has been thrust into first team football somewhat prematurely; when a number of scouts were in attendance and he is yet to sign a full pro contract with us; well quite simply Dave; Fookin' Boooooooooo!!!!!

Quite agree Sly, and I think Lags did too.

Not sure about "pilloried", only 3 people disagree with the subs that I can see, and plenty agreed.

Edited by singe

right mate I dont agree with the subs but tom eaves is young inexperienced and just starting out in the game,

to call him a no-hoper after only a few proffesional games, in which he seems to have played well, is just downright outrageous,

It sounds to me like your one of them people who expect kids to come in to the team, hattrick on first appearance, followed by 35 goals for the season aswell as being able to outpace usain bolt and out power Hulk hogan, and if they dont do this then they are not worth a shout?

get off it mate, its the perfect time to bring on a young striker, he comes on for the last 10 minutes, gaining experience against a fairly strong defence and gets the chance to play with a bit of pressure,

maybe hes not quite messi yet but what really do you expect?

Im not really a fan of DP anymore because of his lack of motivation but bringing on eaves was definately the right decision, bringing off abbott? maybe not the best idea, bringing on colebeck for taylor? not a good idea, but eaves is tall and young and fit and could have changed the game on another day,

if we dont give then the chance to prove themselves how are they ever going to be good?

My mates who support Huddersfield said they thought Taylor was the best player on the pitch by a long shot. He didn't lose the ball once.

Was nice to see Pawel's standing ovation from the Town fans. Probably because he passed their keeper that one on one.