New home kit next season

1957ish kit with white shorts?

that would mean a predominantly white home strip and all white away kit?...cant see it to be honest.

i wouldn't mind a red/burgundy or even green away strip again though

lot's of teams play in white and another colour in stripes and have an all white away kit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lot's of teams play in white and another colour in stripes and have an all white away kit

I cant think of any off the top of my head

out of interest who that plays with a white stripe has a white away kit as second choice aswell?

maybe sunderland??

and i did mention white shorts in my original post

Edited by palmer1

I'd go for the blue and white halves (with the broad blue stripe down the middle), which we had for over 40 years until the late 1960s. It would be as unique as Bristol R or Blackburn R.

:)

I'm not very keen on the blue shirts with white sleeves though. A bit like Arsenal in blue!

:disappointed:

I cant think of any off the top of my head

out of interest who that plays with a white stripe has a white away kit as second choice aswell?

maybe sunderland??

and i did mention white shorts in my original post

off the top of my head Santos, Colchester, Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle have all worn white away kits

and AC Milan and Celtic have had 3rd kits in red and green respectively

these clubs do it to sell more shirts

off the top of my head Santos, Colchester, Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle have all worn white away kits

and AC Milan and Celtic have had 3rd kits in red and green respectively

these clubs do it to sell more shirts

none of the 3 english clubs wore white shorts though like our 1957 strip

The 1956/57 kit for me every time. Some of the variations around that time had sleeves that were blue on the front and white on the back which spoiled it IMO. I did quite like the blue shorts we wore with it at one point.

Alternatively, home kit of blue & white stripes and white shorts with an away kit of red and white hoops and black shorts so the 'Udders & Donny signings past, present & future will feel at home. :getmecoat:

The 1957 style would be great and going back to having a distinctive club kit that is different from most others.

But if we do go for this let's stick with the basic design for the future instead of chopping and changing ala Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by BP1960

Basically, we're going to make it the same template as our away kit, but blue instead of navy, white instead of orange.

I like the design of the 57-58 short, its a bit different to what we have had since 2004.

However, if the quality of the shirt is anything like the quality of the away shirt (ie piss poor) then I think I will pass

• 2 weeks later...
Would be nice. Maybe today?

I don't know if this has been posted before but I wonder if they have considered putting a little red rose on it?

I know teams like Bristol City and Middlesborough have had St George's crosses on their kits in the past (never really understood why) but I'd be happy to see a little red rose on the sleeve or on the back near the neck.

The 1957 style would be great and going back to having a distinctive club kit that is different from most others.

But if we do go for this let's stick with the basic design for the future instead of chopping and changing ala Blackburn Rovers.

Sorry just caught up with this. My avatar is based on the historical kits page, that Hallam linked.

I agree BP1960, I'd love a very distinctive kit, ours seem to be the same as someone elses.

This 3rd kit really bugs me.

But I'd propse a kit that is based on the first 4, except use blue stripes, not hoops though. wbut we could use the dark blue of the original team. Dark bluue tight small hoops.

I wish I had some access adn ability for software to do this.

Just something unique.

I know plenty like the Orange, and i understand it, but it is too Lasher-esque for me.

Sorry just caught up with this. My avatar is based on the historical kits page, that Hallam linked.

I agree BP1960, I'd love a very distinctive kit, ours seem to be the same as someone elses.

This 3rd kit really bugs me.

But I'd propse a kit that is based on the first 4, except use blue stripes, not hoops though. wbut we could use the dark blue of the original team. Dark bluue tight small hoops.

I wish I had some access adn ability for software to do this.

Just something unique.

I know plenty like the Orange, and i understand it, but it is too Lasher-esque for me.

Re the current home kit it is the same design as someone elses (same as bournemouths)

0,,10324~4140656,00.jpg

no i asked the guy in the shop what it was like,his answer it's blue.......no :censored: sherlock

I asked the exact same of what it is guna be like and he said blue, and that he cant say no more lol.

Apparently our current away strip will stay the same and we are getting a new 3rd choice kit, but not yet.

The new home shirt i think is available to buy from the 7th May.

:lol:

Never underestimate the club shop's ability to be as helpful as possible!

It's marketing.

Let the public know it's coming .... but don't tell them what "it" is going to be.

The anticipation will grow. The world's press will gather round. £40 of pay day cash at the end of April will be put aside by thousands of Oldhamers in preparation.

Sales will be stratospheric and Marketing Guy will have earned his wedge.

Yup, it'll be blue.

Does this mean Cabrini remain sponsors for next season?