Do you trust The Trust?

Yeah I do...goes without saying they're committed and have the best interests of the club at heart, but....

...they've bought two lawnmowers for the groundsman, (really) and are paying towards the purchase of a new minibus for the youth team.

And tta are worth how much?????

:petesake:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't trust anyone at the moment. I just wish i could sleep.

In fact, **** it man - you've freaked me out. It's like one of those status updates on Facebook: "I'm in a dark place right now. But soon I'll rest."

I beleive the Trust have the best interests of Oldham Athletic at heart.

I believe there is an element of Orwell's Animal Farm where the Trust have become part of the establishment of Oldham Athletic and perhaps need to take a step back and take a view as to how they ensure the suvival of Oldham Athletic if TTA (or any future owners) vanish.

Building a fighting fund may be more appropriate than buying lawnmowers. Or buying equipment, retaining ownership and leasing it to the Club may be an option. At least then if the football club goes bust those assets can be reclaimed by the Trust rather than sold off by administrators / liquidators.

This post isn't a criticism of the Trust as such. Seat on the board etc seemed like a good idea at the time and probably still is a good idea. But it does sometimes make the Trust look like a subsidiary of TTA rather than a fans' body.

Edited by opinions4u

After the recent public airings of Barry Owen and his demeaning attidude to Latics fans I am going to cancel my membership of the trust as I feel as the public head of the trust he is now bringing it into disripute.

His public statements have done nothing but make himself look aloof and less a supporter and more a director.

I want nowt more to do with the trust while he is on the board.

After the recent public airings of Barry Owen and his demeaning attidude to Latics fans I am going to cancel my membership of the trust as I feel as the public head of the trust he is now bringing it into disripute.

His public statements have done nothing but make himself look aloof and less a supporter and more a director.

I believe there is an element of Orwell's Animal Farm where the Trust have become part of the establishment of Oldham Athletic and perhaps need to take a step back and take a view as to how they ensure the suvival of Oldham Athletic if TTA (or any future owners) vanish.

Building a fighting fund may be more appropriate than buying lawnmowers. Or buying equipment, retaining ownership and leasing it to the Club may be an option. At least then if the football club goes bust those assets can be reclaimed by the Trust rather than sold off by administrators / liquidators.

This post isn't a criticism of the Trust as such. Seat on the board etc seemed like a good idea at the time and probably still is a good idea. But it does sometimes make the Trust look like a subsidiary of TTA rather than a fans' body.

I to have seriosuly considered stopping my money. I am not as strident as you WWWDB, and I certaintly 100% concur with O4U especially about leasing to the Trust

I don't know Barry, just have concerns.

Mike Newtons blog is excellent, maybe something along those lines for the Trust. What does Barry do? I know he has to keep some confidentiality, but surely we can have details of what issues he has raised with the TTA, what he has spoken to the fans about each week. That sort of thing.

I really have not had the inclination to look at the Trust website.

THat is the root of the problem I feel. THere is nothing enticing going on.

I know a lot of personal time is given and hard work, but we need a spark for the Trust.

I think that the Trust should have plugged away with constant money raising ideas and be more indpendent.

Barry is the leader and needs to invigorate the fans to spark some fundraining and have some clout with money. The excellent point of helping the club but away from any Administrator.

We need the TTA more than ever, but we need a strong and vibrant Trust to work with TTA but at arms length.

Building a fighting fund may be more appropriate than buying lawnmowers.

This

Proper elections need holding (some claimed this did not happen) and the fan on the board needs rotating and needs to be held by someone who will engage with the fans.

Edited by oafc0000

Why the pseudonym, though?

Very interesting discussion we have got going here. And thanks to those who have contributed so far. Please keep it going.

Barry appears to have become - rather a fan on the board - a a board member used as a foil between the club and supporters who will do NOTHING except defend his mates in the boardroom.

At the recent presentation on the proposed new stadium I am sure I heard him say if he wasnt one the board as the trust representative he would have been invited on anyway - great Barry - you do that leave as trust representative and let someone on that will contribute what the supporters want - lets see if you are invited on as a individual.

Edited by Who was Winston DuBose

Yeah I do...goes without saying they're committed and have the best interests of the club at heart, but....

...they've bought two lawnmowers for the groundsman, (really) and are paying towards the purchase of a new minibus for the youth team.

And tta are worth how much?????

:petesake:

Who is in the trust? And then I'll tell you if I trust them.

The Trust is made up of some fantastic supporters who work very hard.

In more recent times invitation have been made for fans to visit trust meeting for the first half hour to ask questions or air their views. A number of people have seized on that opportunity and the offer is still open.

Please be assured that my first responsibility is to represent the interests of the fans within the Board Room. I do that.

I have had an input into the season ticket prices released this afternoon and I hope you all think the offer is reasonable.

Contrary to some peoples opinion, your voices are heard.

I have no desire to be on any ego trip which has recently been suggested and first and foremost I am a fan. Sometimes I am in a catch twenty two position becuase due to confidentiallity I cannot always tell you all the things that are happening.

I have not responded to get caught up in volatile arguments that have sometimes occurred merely because I answer people.

Recently I have been thinking about a scheme that might pay the wages of one of the younger players at the club. Times are very difficult for everyone these days and at many clubs fans are having an input into such things. Recently Tranmere Trust released £10,000 to pay for a loanee into the club.

How many people would be up for helping such a scheme. Say we pay for Tom Eaves next season. How many fans would be prepared to chip in.

I will start by paying £10 per month. Oh and by the way I am not on any perks at the club and actually lose money over a season. Why, because I an a fan. my wife and other family members will consider the same.

Regards

Barry

Would be interested in hearing more about the schemes before I say yes to anything, would like to hear ideas in general that the Trust have. What they are reporting to the club as well would be good to know and what the board think to them?

My support for the Trust has been very minimal but things are getting better if a little slowly still but hopefully that can still improve.

What are the Trust going to do to publisize season tickets? Maybe a little late but could a referal incentive be brought into place where an individual would be rewarded for getting a non-current season ticket holder to sign up for one?

In more recent times invitation have been made for fans to visit trust meeting for the first half hour to ask questions or air their views. A number of people have seized on that opportunity and the offer is still open.

Please be assured that my first responsibility is to represent the interests of the fans within the Board Room. I do that.

I have had an input into the season ticket prices released this afternoon and I hope you all think the offer is reasonable.

I have no desire to be on any ego trip which has recently been suggested and first and foremost I am a fan. Sometimes I am in a catch twenty two position becuase due to confidentiallity I cannot always tell you all the things that are happening.

I have not responded to get caught up in volatile arguments that have sometimes occurred merely because I answer people.

Recently I have been thinking about a scheme that might pay the wages of one of the younger players at the club. Times are very difficult for everyone these days and at many clubs fans are having an input into such things. Recently Tranmere Trust released £10,000 to pay for a loanee into the club.

How many people would be up for helping such a scheme. Say we pay for Tom Eaves next season. How many fans would be prepared to chip in.

I will start by paying £10 per month. Oh and by the way I am not on any perks at the club and actually lose money over a season. Why, because I an a fan. my wife and other family members will consider the same.

Regards

Barry

Not a ego trip - sorry but Ha.

Regards

Barry

Barry,

The season ticket offer is ok and it may actually keep some of the fans who were not going to renew their season tickets. However, money isn't the main reason for low match attendances! What are you, and club and owners, going to do to improve the product on the pitch, and the overall match day experience for next season?

cheers

Aaron