Season ticket prices

I work full time on a decent wage, but I'm eligible for a NUS card. It's not really the best way to target students.

What is the best way?

Probably with a L115A3 with sound supressor, all-weather day sights with improved magnification, as well as special night sights to boot. There's nowhere to hide.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite clear those that have no intensions of getting a ST will find every conceivable reason why it's not a good idea, whereas those that are don't care less.

We all care how :censored:e we've been this season and one things for sure, whilst funding doesn't guarantee success, it get a whole pile easier with it. How do we create that seige mentallity we had in abundance during the dark days of admin whithout having to go back there again?. Everyone who cares must go that extra mile. This season is over, lets not make next the same before it's began. Lets give Latics a chance to at least be at the races.

Because we arent in admin. When we were in admin we had a team that gave a crap.

I and hundreds of others gave that xtra mile when we were in admin. I spent three years commuting from Bristol to every home game with a season ticket. Now I'm so far away from buying a season ticket its untrue.

Nothing about this team makes you want to buy a ticket for one game. Never mind 23. The bst thing TTA can do is act as soon as this awful season id over, and perhaps, they might find some funding for next season. That will make people buy tickets. That will get us at the races.

I understand your passion. But the best thing that TTA can do with the season ticket offer is end the season and change things.

EDIT: Can I also add, what a :censored: load of rubbish the marketing at this club is. I dont care what 'feedback' you have had, you dont just withdraw an offer before it has even taken place. It just shouts shambles, if 'Guy' had any sense he would have done some market research before the offer was introduced. What a crock of crap. Shambles. Utter shambles.

Edited by BigfinLatic

The prices clearly show the club are just focusing on preserving the current fan base rather than attract any new fans.

What I don't get is why they make the full price season ticket such a bad deal. £399 full price which works out £17.35 a game. That is a saving of 65p a game compared to the ticket entry price. There is no way anyone is going to commit to a season ticket if they can not get there money together by the 3rd June.

Overall the prices are sensible if we are in League One and too expensive if we are in League Two IMO.

Edited by oafc0000

Because we arent in admin. When we were in admin we had a team that gave a crap.

I and hundreds of others gave that xtra mile when we were in admin. I spent three years commuting from Bristol to every home game with a season ticket. Now I'm so far away from buying a season ticket its untrue.

Nothing about this team makes you want to buy a ticket for one game. Never mind 23. The bst thing TTA can do is act as soon as this awful season id over, and perhaps, they might find some funding for next season. That will make people buy tickets. That will get us at the races.

I understand your passion. But the best thing that TTA can do with the season ticket offer is end the season and change things.

[b]EDIT: Can I also add, what a :censored: load of rubbish the marketing at this club is. I dont care what 'feedback' you have had, you dont just withdraw an offer before it has even taken place. It just shouts shambles, if 'Guy' had any sense he would have done some market research before the offer was introduced. What a crock of crap. Shambles. Utter shambles.[/b]

Give over. It was a :censored: offer that was never going to get people to buy STs....they've realised it and binned the idea. Simple as. Fair play to them for thinking of something a little different in the first place, and fair play to them for having the balls to admit a mistake and :censored: the idea off.

Give over. It was a :censored: offer that was never going to get people to buy STs....they've realised it and binned the idea. Simple as. Fair play to them for thinking of something a little different in the first place, and fair play to them for having the balls to admit a mistake and :censored: the idea off.

if they had put at the end of the offers,by the way that useless yorky knob will not be here at the start of next season i would think happy days and renew my season ticket,until may the 8th ?????????

The prices clearly show the club are just focusing on preserving the current fan base rather than attract any new fans.

I think that's where they are as a business at the moment.

The Exeter game you attended was an attempt to attract new fans. But any that did cling on to joy of that win and attend a couple of games after will have drifted away when they realised that 2 out of every 3 games at BP this season have been sub-standard.

The time to start attracting new fans is when the product on the pitch is significantly better. Focusing disocunts and love on the existing customer base makes a lot of sense at the moment.

What I don't get is why they make the full price season ticket such a bad deal. £399 full price which works out £17.35 a game. That is a saving of 65p a game compared to the ticket entry price. There is no way anyone is going to commit to a season ticket if they can not get there money together by the 3rd June.

I don't think the club expect anybody to pay £399 for a season ticket. That number is designed merely to bring the cash in early in the summer to make sure that the business can trade when its matchday income drops to zero.

What I would say is that once the season has started they should introduce the multi-game ticket. Stockport's "Super 10" ten match ticket gives fans more flexibility. If Latics had been offering these earlier this season they would have made more money by locking some of the more fickle fans in to watching the :censored:e on offer before they had realised how :censored:e it would be! Your pinching of Wigan's 3 for £30 idea and the £2/£1 games and "Friend for a fiver" stuff are all sensible initiatives to have, but are far more likely to succeed when the team is playing well. And they do need to do more about promoting season tickets / part season tickets to the people who attend discounted matches. Did they get your name and address when you paid £2 for the Exeter game?

Overall the prices are sensible if we are in League One and too expensive if we are in League Two IMO.

Probably right, although a quick glance at Bury and Rochdale suggests that Latics are competitive in the local market place.

Rochdale are claiming a frozen season ticket price (and appear to have a very similar range of ideas to Latics, although free under 7s is interesting). But their prices of £270 to stand and £324/£360 to sit aren't brilliant. Their web page writer could also do with a few lessons in presentation!

Bury at £320 and £305 will probably be in L2.

The other thing that season ticket buyers at Latics should make sure they use is the "Team Card". I think the cashback earned on it is 2% of a season ticket purchase, so that's around £6 off the price as well which can be spent in the Club shop.

A couple of final thoughts ... why don't the Club market season tickets all the way through the season, discounting the price for each game that's been missed? They do this at Christmas for half a season, but if a kid is nagging Dad to get a season ticket in and has a birthday in November, there's more income to be had with an earlier purchase. Also, getting the season ticket offers out there in February and allowing payment in installments over 4 months from Feb-May could certainly help a lot of fans to budget for what is possibly their biggest single spend of the year.

Edited by opinions4u

Especially all the dolites and lazy students on here!

That "spread the cost" easy payment plan doesn't look too bad so, rather than moaning, take it up!

Or here's a novel idea........get a job! :grin:

Spot on, Silence!

Bankruptcy or apathy are the only excuses for not renewing!!!

Cost should not now be an issue. Even for an old skinflint like me, those look like good prices for professional (ahem) football these days.....

Edit: It's also funny how a lot of people I hear whinge about being skint are the same people who spend £50-£100 per week on the piss...... As someone else on here has said, some are just finding any old excuse...

Edited by Snookmeister

I don't get it! So whats the cheapest season ticket for non existing season ticket holders? Can you buy before 20 may? It's not explained very well :thumbsdown:

I think this Linky will help.

If I've read it right, £303 in the lower main stand and £308 in the RRE do the job with 3rd June being the date to get those prices.

Edited by opinions4u

I thought that was for existing season-ticket holders :mmm:

£276 and £279 before 20th May for existing peeps.

Discounts for new customers buying before 3rd of June.

Bigger discounts for renewals before 20th May.

It's just one long discount fest at BP!

Edited by opinions4u