Season ticket prices

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, the club have come up with some good initiatives and 'frozrn' prices AGAIN, in difficult financial times for all.

Again, those who can afford to go and those who can make a season ticket justifiable - this imo represents good value.

I don't see what elsee TTA can really do again.

I'm probably in a minority who actually liked the World Cup deal. I mean, what sort of idiot would rather take a £20 reduction in the price, rather than pay the £20 and get a free season ticket if England (a top 5 FIFA ranked country) wins the World Cup. Even if England don't win the World Cup....the £20 for the chance of a free season ticket is worth it alone.

I'm not going to be purchasing a season ticket next season.

And I'd like to offer up a huge

middle-finger.jpg

To the club for scrapping the World Cup deal.

England are not going to win the world cup though are they

Sh*t, now I'm tempted to renew! Maximum price for a st before 21 May is £299.

But, if we get relegated or Penney is still in charge?

:unsure: as they say rightly they are substantially better value as they havent gone up much in 5 seasons if you include inflation.

however they forget to mention that the football dished up is more sub-standard. than 5 years ago. :angry:

I'm probably in a minority who actually liked the World Cup deal. I mean, what sort of idiot would rather take a £20 reduction in the price, rather than pay the £20 and get a free season ticket if England (a top 5 FIFA ranked country) wins the World Cup. Even if England don't win the World Cup....the £20 for the chance of a free season ticket is worth it alone.

I'm not going to be purchasing a season ticket next season.

And I'd like to offer up a huge

middle-finger.jpg

To the club for scrapping the World Cup deal.

Don't often agree with you, but totally can't agree more here. Can't believe all the positive vibes in this thread about the scrapping of it.

Surely it's easier to get to the ticket office on those shift patterns than 9-5? :blink:

how you work that one out then???

finish work at 6am...go to bed at 7am....wake up at 4-4:30pm

2-10 shift maybe,like i said i get them early when i can,but not everybody can

Why aren't they? Good as chance as anyone, bookies see them as one of the favourites.

British bookmakers, of course they'll offer good odds to tempt the happy clappers in. England will not win the world Cup. They will be home well before the semis. Another 'glorious' failure awaits, an African team will get further than England and as our second round opponents are likely to be either the Germans or the Aussies, they'll do well to even get to the 1/4 finals.

British bookmakers, of course they'll offer good odds to tempt the happy clappers in. England will not win the world Cup. They will be home well before the semis. Another 'glorious' failure awaits, an African team will get further than England and as our second round opponents are likely to be either the Germans or the Aussies, they'll do well to even get to the 1/4 finals.

Check betfair, 3rd favourites. Forget all the negative stuff people always say about there own club and England "we'll never win it" "we'll never get promoted" etc etc, England have as good a chance as anyone to win the world cup, and a much better one than most teams. Very realistic for England to actually win it, and i think its shoddy the club advertised that promotion then took it down again.

Check betfair, 3rd favourites. Forget all the negative stuff people always say about there own club and England "we'll never win it" "we'll never get promoted" etc etc, England have as good a chance as anyone to win the world cup, and a much better one than most teams. Very realistic for England to actually win it, and i think its shoddy the club advertised that promotion then took it down again.

British bookmakers though mate! Don't believe the hype, personally I thought the original offer was bollocks as are we really better than Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Italy, France etc???

But the biggest reason for England's failure will be the fact that when the chips are down, they just don't have the motivation to step up to the plate - half of the tossers see playing for England as an inconvenience.

It's not brilliant BUT ....

1) They have not sold any season tickets on that basis.

2) Use the saving offered to go and stick a bet on Enlgnad if you're so sure that they will win, you'll get around 13/2 at Betfair.

It's not brilliant BUT ....

1) They have not sold any season tickets on that basis.

2) Use the saving offered to go and stick a bet on Enlgnad if you're so sure that they will win, you'll get around 13/2 at Betfair.

What saving though? I never buy anything from the shop really as i haven't had a shirt in the last few years, and i very rarely go to home friendlies as they are as dull as reserve games. Rather have a free season ticket personally, when i saw it i thought more people on here would feel the same, but if people are happy with it then fair enough, but its just made me not want to buy one even more.

What saving though? I never buy anything from the shop really as i haven't had a shirt in the last few years, and i very rarely go to home friendlies as they are as dull as reserve games. Rather have a free season ticket personally, when i saw it i thought more people on here would feel the same, but if people are happy with it then fair enough, but its just made me not want to buy one even more.

I thought there was about £30 knocked off the price.

£30 at 13/2 is £225. Not far off a free season ticket in my book.

Be a devil and put £40 on and you'll see £300 in your hand when England win.

Edited by opinions4u

It's quite clear those that have no intensions of getting a ST will find every conceivable reason why it's not a good idea, whereas those that are don't care less.

We all care how :censored:e we've been this season and one things for sure, whilst funding doesn't guarantee success, it get a whole pile easier with it. How do we create that seige mentallity we had in abundance during the dark days of admin whithout having to go back there again?. Everyone who cares must go that extra mile. This season is over, lets not make next the same before it's began. Lets give Latics a chance to at least be at the races.

Edited by Lags

Here's an idea given some seem to think the withdrawal of the world cup offer is a bummer. Why don't we as Latics fans start a fund say a £1 each and whatever is in the pot stick it on England to win the cup. If we win bang it into the Trust or Youth set up. If nowt else it'll make the world cup and England more exciting and more special to Latics.

Is it a goer?

Edited by Lags

Poor you.

Latics's student policy is wrong, they should accept NUS cards rather than have this intermediate policy, lets face it 16-19 year olds don't go to University and live at home and every other club in the country accepts NUS

Disagree to an extent. The student membership scheme is fine by me, it's £13 at the start of the season and gets you in on the gate for concession prices. Personally I reckon I'll probably have got to about nine home games this season by the time it's out so for membership plus admission it works out at about £12.50 a game, which whilst not being the bargain of the century, isn't the end of the world for just paying on the gate.

My main concerns about it are that first, it's not very well publicised (there have been numerous times on here that students have asked why there is a student price...there is but I get the impression you have to hear of it from someone else rather than it being publicised). The other is that you have to go to a couple of games to make it worth the saving in admission - there have been times when I've had mates who've wanted to come see Latics but they've ended up coming to away games because when all costs are totted up, it works out cheaper/marginally more expensive to watch us away (and that little expense is compensated for the better experience away from home).

The last bit is bobbins though TF, not every other club in the country accepts NUS...I've found in my four years as a student that there are a fair few clubs that don't offer student deals at all.

It's quite clear those that have no intensions of getting a ST will find every conceivable reason why it's not a good idea, whereas those that are don't care less.

We all care how :censored:e we've been this season and one things for sure, whilst funding doesn't guarantee success, it get a whole pile easier with it. How do we create that seige mentallity we had in abundance during the dark days of admin whithout having to go back there again?. Everyone who cares must go that extra mile. This season is over, lets not make next the same before it's began. Lets give Latics a chance to at least be at the races.

I have no intentions of renewing my ticket (that I have held for 15yrs) this year, but I agree it seems a reasonable offer.

I have no intentions of renewing my ticket (that I have held for 15yrs) this year, but I agree it seems a reasonable offer.

Can I ask why not this year, and what would assist you in changing your mind?