avoids a two match ban by keeping his nose clean and sticking to nine bookings before yesterday's deadline...which is nice! :grin:

Now Greegs, these Mongs are an overly physical bunch as we saw at BP earlier in the season so as our most physical asset I expect you to kick the living :censored: out of anything that comes within 40 yards of our goal on Tuesday night.

avoids a two match ban by keeping his nose clean and sticking to nine bookings before yesterday's deadline...which is nice! :grin:

Now Greegs, these Mongs are an overly physical bunch as we saw at BP earlier in the season so as our most physical asset I expect you to kick the living :censored: out of anything that comes within 40 yards of our goal on Tuesday night.

Does Anyone think cautious dave may give a recall to Mr Worthington for this game?

Does Anyone think cautious dave may give a recall to Mr Worthington for this game?

I'd keep :censored: in too, Worthy for slaphead job's a good 'un. To get anything from MK we'll need to to match their physicality as I'm sure we won't get a ref willing to offer us the same level of protection we enjoyed in the home game.

Team

Flav

:censored:

Greegs

Rubes

Black

Smalley

Worthy

Stephens

Colbeck

Pav

Guy

No reflection on Whitaker's shift yesterday, but he's often a mard arse away from home, so Worthy gets the nod for the two away games coming up - as we have to contend with Kavanagh on Saturday too.

I'd keep :censored: in too, Worthy for slaphead job's a good 'un. To get anything from MK we'll need to to match their physicality as I'm sure we won't get a ref willing to offer us the same level of protection we enjoyed in the home game.

Team

Flav

Greegs

Rubes

Black

Smalley

Worthy

Stephens

Colbeck

Pav

Guy

No reflection on Whitaker's shift yesterday, but he's often a mard arse away from home, so Worthy gets the nod for the two away games coming up - as we have to contend with Kavanagh on Saturday too.

Id play 4 5 1

Flav

Black

Rubes

Gregs

Guy

Furman

Stevens

Worthy

Smally

Abbot

and win 1.0

I hope Gregan gets an opportunity to make a sliding tackle, around the half way line, and carries on straight into that little obnoxious gobshyte that is Paul Ince.

+100, and keep going until he's the other side of the main stand with Pete Winkleman firmly attached to Incey Wincey Spider's arse

+1...........

Unless he gets sent off or is injured during the last few games he will have played every minute of every match!!!

A fantastic achievement for a no nonsense centre half in the twilight of his career.

He's been a rock as captain this season and is the main reason we will still be playing div 1 football next season.

He's deserved his contract extension and is my player of the season by a country mile!!!!

Well done Greegs!!

BBC said that Saturday was Guy's last game... so ya'll will have to jiggle your sides a bit :)

official website states hes staying until end of season as both partys happy...paperwork will be done monday so he can play tuesday night...so not so much jiggling to be had

agree :censored: should keep his place.but i think whitts should keep his place also,did well yesterday and broke up a lot of play and did a lot of work....worthington is shyte.and i would leave him on the bench,hence why he was subbed at half time the other week...useless

I'd play the side that started the second half.

Forget the whole Worthy adding steel thing...he might not be pushed off the ball as easily but he offers nothing going forward and will invariably lose the ball anyway. Just tell Whits to keep plugging away, he showed he could do it yesterday. A rejuvenated Smalley on the right and Colbeck on the left with Stephens and Whitaker pulling the strings worked just fine, :censored: and Black both got past the half way line too which caused problems and Pav and Guy worked well together. There's no need to change it.

What's with all this 'Worthington's :censored:e' stuff at the moment? The guy showed early doors that he could be a more than effective defensive midfielder at this level, a role that others have filled to much disdain from the masses.

He comes back from an incredibly difficult injury and plays in two (?) games and people are calling for his head on a stick?

Pathetic.

What's with all this 'Worthington's :censored:e' stuff at the moment? The guy showed early doors that he could be a more than effective defensive midfielder at this level, a role that others have filled to much disdain from the masses.

He comes back from an incredibly difficult injury and plays in two (?) games and people are calling for his head on a stick?

Pathetic.

touched a nerve have we,was he your best friend when you worked at latics...dee dums

Actually me and Jon had a bit of a disagreement whilst I was at Latics, I doubt he'd of been all that sad to see me leave.

If it's a concern to you then you may want to know I've spoken to only two players since my departure and that's Rob Purdie and Josh Ollerenshaw, simply because I bumped in to them at the game a couple of weeks ago.

I just call it as I see it.

Actually me and Jon had a bit of a disagreement whilst I was at Latics, I doubt he'd of been all that sad to see me leave.

If it's a concern to you then you may want to know I've spoken to only two players since my departure and that's Rob Purdie and Josh Ollerenshaw, simply because I bumped in to them at the game a couple of weeks ago.

I just call it as I see it.

who's rob purdie?

Personally my JW comment wasn't labelling him ':censored:e'. From my POV I think that he's a tackler, and a good tackler, but he doesn't offer much going forward. In Stephens we have a player who can tackle and go forward, and I would rather therefore have someone (Whitaker) who can attack but isn't that great in the tackle as the second central midfielder than the other way round.

If Stephens wasn't available then it would be Worthy and Whitaker (rather than Furman and Whitaker which is far too lightweight). But as he is, Whitaker gets the nod.

same teams as for hudds for me but keep :censored: in ahead of lee or put :censored: in central mid. you dont need furman and worthington who i dont think has been fit since he's been back from injury and whitaker played well on saturday apparently so keep him in.

id play...

flahaven

lee/:censored: ... greegs ... rubes ... black

smalley ... furman (:censored:?) ... whits ... stephens ... taylor?/colbeck

abbott

Pathetic.

He shown at charlton just how effective he was in that position. Marked Shelvey all game and didnt give him a sniff, to the extent that they took him off after an hour

I Think the 45 mins he put in his last home game sticks in peoples memories.

I’ve said all along that from what I knew of him from his Hudds days; and from what I saw of him early season; he’s just a better version of JP Kalala – a defensive midfielder who tackles & harasses; but who then has major limitations of what he can do with the ball once he’s won it. Worthy struggles to pick the right pass; and most of his end up as either hospital passes or poor sideways or backwards ‘move killers’.

Like has been said; his effort & tackling isn’t enough really in the centre of the park – you need more from your midfield 2; even in the DM role. With who we currently have available; I’d put Lee back in a right back and move :censored: into CM with Stephens; as :censored: offers more than Worthy if he plays the sitting DM role.

In summary, in my view; he’s not sh&te – he’s just got some very large limitations to his game.