BBC Highlights

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/8628602.stm

Two pretty scrappy goals from Latics - FANTASTIC to see! Just the sort of luck and determination you need in a dog fight.

Another great save from Flav and a stunning clearance from Greegs at the end!

Its amazing what happens when we actually let more than two players cross the half-way line!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/8628602.stm

Two pretty scrappy goals from Latics - FANTASTIC to see! Just the sort of luck and determination you need in a dog fight.

Another great save from Flav and a stunning clearance from Greegs at the end!

Deano looked quality in them short highlights !

What was Rubes doing in that first Carlisle attack though ? :lol:

Looks like two or three times the long, straight ball out of defence has caught us cold - that shouldn't be happening at all, never mind repeatedly. Great win, but looks like there's still room for improvement.

Not sure about Smalley's touch for that first goal, looked more than a little accidental, but good work to drive through the middle - ditto the second albeit with poor keeping.

Both of Smalley's driving runs from midfield led to goals (albeit a little fortuitously), but the important thing is that it's those driving runs that defenders hate and puts them on the back foot, causing them all kinds of problems and forcing mistakes, he should be encouraged to continue as should Stephens.

Deano looked quality in them short highlights !

What was Rubes doing in that first Carlisle attack though ? :lol:

Reuben has been shocking this season, so many mistakes. I personally think its because hes got rid of his big flash motor. We have been crying out for another CB to push him out of the starting 11 for all those mistakes all season but that seems to have been forgotten about for some reason, probably due to gregans form making up for it.

Why do we never have someone on the posts when defending a corner? Cost us a goal there and seem to recall it also cost us at Colchester.

The only team who shouldn't guard their posts from a corner are from down the road - it cost them a Champions League exit (Fantastic!).

Reuben has been shocking this season, so many mistakes. I personally think its because hes got rid of his big flash motor. We have been crying out for another CB to push him out of the starting 11 for all those mistakes all season but that seems to have been forgotten about for some reason, probably due to gregans form making up for it.

:lol:

Rubes is prone to mistake, there's no way to deny that. But to say that he's been shocking is a bit out of it, really.

We've been solid at the back this season, conceding 50 goals (the same as 4th placed Swindon and less than 6th placed Huddersfield) with Rubes and Greegs being the solid foundation of that with changing fullbacks and a 'keeper who, whilst not as bad as people make out, has made some glaring errors.

We're a league three club, our players will always have weaknesses. I accept we need to find some competition and/or cover for the central defence next season but to single Rubes out as "shocking" is grossly unfair.

:lol:

Rubes is prone to mistake, there's no way to deny that. But to say that he's been shocking is a bit out of it, really.

We've been solid at the back this season, conceding 50 goals (the same as 4th placed Swindon and less than 6th placed Huddersfield) with Rubes and Greegs being the solid foundation of that with changing fullbacks and a 'keeper who, whilst not as bad as people make out, has made some glaring errors.

We're a league three club, our players will always have weaknesses. I accept we need to find some competition and/or cover for the central defence next season but to single Rubes out as "shocking" is grossly unfair.

+1

Over the course of the season, its probably what has kept us in this division.

And to think had Brekin chose us over Chesterfield (the same Brekin that the chesterfield fans are describing as a useless bag of toss who is clearly past it), we probably would not have resigned Gregan.

And to think had Brekin chose us over Chesterfield (the same Brekin that the chesterfield fans are describing as a useless bag of toss who is clearly past it), we probably would not have resigned Gregan.

And Gregan would have gone to Chesterfield. Possibly.

Just wish we would get a man on the far post at corners.....Aagghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have conceeded too many from here of late.

and yes Zorro it was nervy for me...5mins of extra time and it almost killed me getting to that point.

A few more extra mins and I think they would have nicked an equaliser...

Phew!!!!

we are staying up

Edited by underdog

Why do we never have someone on the posts when defending a corner? Cost us a goal there and seem to recall it also cost us at Colchester.

The only team who shouldn't guard their posts from a corner are from down the road - it cost them a Champions League exit (Fantastic!).

Thank god I am not the only one....every game we play, every corner we conceed there is no bugger on the line at the far post. I am fed up of screaming at them to sort it.....grrrrrr :ranting: