iPhone 4G

Ackey

• 3 weeks later...

iPhone OS 4.0 been released and it looks like ur getting ur folder wish Ackey. Probably a big clue to most of the features on the new phone.

Also been reported to have an LG 5mgp camera and 720p video capability! I like the sound of that.

Probably launched on 7th June at some hhcc conference or something. So only a month to go.... Better get my 3g on eBay so I got the reddies ready....

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong.

Enjoy your lock-in with apple.

Totally agree. The one and only fault I've found with HTC phones is a slightly poor reception (Mainly on Orange though).

The WM6.5 and Android OS's make them extremely adaptable, and offer potentially every Iphone app plus thousands more.

There are new improved Roms to flash almost weekly, ensuring the phone plays all media files and new softwares.

The Iphone 4g is one hell of a good phone, but seems just a little too restricted to me. Then again, I suppose it's fashionable to have the Iphone (Like it was to have a mullet). :grin:

Haters and fanboys aside. Kinda reminds me of the VW advert...

'if u listen, it's sounds just like a Golf', 'it handles just like a Golf', etc etc.

There's a lot of phones out there trying to be like an iPhone. So why buy a pretender when u can have the real thing?

While were on it. Is there anybody out there clever enough to make iPhone apps? An OWTB iPhone app would put us on the map, not to mention be a lot more convenient for us iPhone owners.....

While were on it. Is there anybody out there clever enough to make iPhone apps? An OWTB iPhone app would put us on the map, not to mention be a lot more convenient for us iPhone owners.....

thats a great idea, I can never post on here from my iphone , !

Haters and fanboys aside. Kinda reminds me of the VW advert...

'if u listen, it's sounds just like a Golf', 'it handles just like a Golf', etc etc.

There's a lot of phones out there trying to be like an iPhone. So why buy a pretender when u can have the real thing?

Thank you for making me not want an iPhone anymore.

The latest version of IPB (the forum basically) has a great iPhone compatible mobile skin.

However this requires the upgrade of OWTB and since Rummy left to spend more time with his family (and kicking lumps out of willing volunteers) we don't really have the skillset required.

Plus it involves a lot of time and effort to ensure the board is fully backed up and contingency is in place if the upgrade fails. Plus it has to be done in the dead of night to minimise the impact on users as there will be downtime required.

All in all, it can be done but, unfortunately, will not be happening anytime soon.

thats a great idea, I can never post on here from my iphone , !

Go to Shortcuts then OWTB, select the forum and topic you want to post in, and start typing. Then send.

Works every time.

Ah Sorry! that's from my HTC touch not the iPhone. :wink:

These bloody 'Pretenders' sure are efficient and convenient :grin:

Few people are ever going to agree that their £400+ phone isn't as good as a rival one, but you shouldn't dismiss the enormous capabilities of HTC's compared to what is basically mobile 'bling'.

Apple showed their commitment to ripping off their customers when they changed the charging connector on the 4th Gen ipod. It meant that thousands of people's docking stations were rendered pretty useless as the ipods wouldn't charge in them, and they needed to purchase a new 4g compatible dock station (Available at Apple stores from £39).

Like I said earlier, great phone if you're ok with someone holding you tightly by the nads. .