Manchester Masters 2010

I should imagine our none particiaption would affect attendance at the event.

That's what they're probablt waiting for. Seeing how the ticket sales go and if they're not brilliant, inviting us last minute - Effectively giving us 'very special guests' status...

That's what they're probablt waiting for. Seeing how the ticket sales go and if they're not brilliant, inviting us last minute - Effectively giving us 'very special guests' status...

I know Eyresy is playin for Preston so not sure if this is cos we are not in it or Latics just didn't invite him.

Yeah, and added to the fact that our fans were scrapping at the family event last year.

I wouldn't really call it a family event when the main reason people attend is so they can go on an all dayer in Manchester prior.

Last year the trouble was down to Burnley which might of provoked a reaction from a minority of Latics fans.

I wouldn't really call it a family event when the main reason people attend is so they can go on an all dayer in Manchester prior.

Last year the trouble was down to Burnley which might of provoked a reaction from a minority of Latics fans.

Untrue. The main reason Latics fans attend is for an all-dayer in Manchester prior. Most people are there with their families and having been to other Masters tournaments apart from the ones Latics have been in, the atmosphere was very different to what it's been since we were invited.

Long and short of it is that there's three spaces left and Latics, Burnley and Blackburn are not yet confirmed (out of the sides who have played it before). Latics and Burnley fans (albeit a shameful minority) ended up scrapping at last year's event and neither the police nor the MEN Arena will want it happening again. I hope it will be Blackburn plus one of us and Burnley, and the organisers pick Latics on the basis of the team's performances in the last two years. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they plumped for someone like Stockport because after what some of our fans did last year they don't want us involved at all.

I think you have just summed up why we probably are not being invited back this year. You are totally wrong.

Edited by oafc0000

I think you have just summed up why we probably are not being invited back this year. You are totally wrong.

How can you say I'm wrong.... if I remember correctly it was arranged on here where the 'official' meeting place would be.

How can you say I'm wrong.... if I remember correctly it was arranged on here where the 'official' meeting place would be.

You said it is not a family event... It was until they invited Oldham... That first year we turned it into a proper football atmosphere... Second year, Burnley decided to do the same and bang...

The masters traditionally is attended by families looking for a day out. Not 1000 piss head football fans. Fact.

I thought it was Burnley who were scrapping as opposed to latics?

Sorry to say slums but they were defo ours in the stadium that were scrapping above the players tunnel. I have photographic evidence of a particular "fan" drinking and a mingling with us tics in the oyster bar and the same one kicking off in the stadium above where the playes came out.

Upto me seeing this evidence I honestly thought they were other fans - but they were not

TBA if we are attending on the basis of the stewards attitude to us tics and of course the ones kicking off too

Sorry to say slums but they were defo ours in the stadium that were scrapping above the players tunnel. I have photographic evidence of a particular "fan" drinking and a mingling with us tics in the oyster bar and the same one kicking off in the stadium above where the playes came out.

Upto me seeing this evidence I honestly thought they were other fans - but they were not

TBA if we are attending on the basis of the stewards attitude to us tics and of course the ones kicking off too

Given that the usual banning orders and so on wouldn't have applied at that time, I wonder if any of the people kicking off there were the same ones makes a joke of Keith Alexander's death and disgracing his minute's silence? Or friends thereof.