The New Home Kit (and shorts)

Email from the club this morning contained the following:

New Home Kit

Saturday May 8th is also the launch date of the new 2010/11 season home kit. The new kit will be worn for the first time by the players for the match and will be available to buy from the WE ARE LATICS store before and after the game. The kit is a totally different look to the current style, not only in design terms, but also colour!! Visit the store on matchday to secure your purchase of the new kit

Colour too? Maybe a different shade of blue... :huh:

Maybe the darker royal blue of the late 80's early 90's?

Maybe the kit from 1958 as was rumoured on here?

Maybe it will be similar to the colour of kit work at the masters?

Either way it will be interesting to see, the current design has been more or less identical (blue shirt/white trim, blue shorts white socks) since 2004, and the current home kit has been the worst one we have had in some time in my opinion, looks so unbelievably cheap and tacky its untrue

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take a netto own brandded kit over carbrini

Although on a serious note, would love a return to Umbro

Yep, so many good times as a Latics fan under the double diamond - guilty of living in the past, perhaps...aren't all tic's fans over a certain age?

Used to love all the old umbro kits, so many teams had them, shame that nike have the monopoly now even though they own Umbro now! Crazy

Thats not the kit that was being referred to. this is the penguin design that we had in 2000/2001 and 2001/2002

The kit that is rumoured to be our new home kit has an entirely blue torso

Did a proper bad job of it though I reckon, all white back was confusing when we wre defending the Chaddy

Email from the club this morning contained the following:

New Home Kit

Saturday May 8th is also the launch date of the new 2010/11 season home kit. The new kit will be worn for the first time by the players for the match and will be available to buy from the WE ARE LATICS store before and after the game. The kit is a totally different look to the current style, not only in design terms, but also colour!! Visit the store on matchday to secure your purchase of the new kit

Colour too? Maybe a different shade of blue... :huh:

A different shade of blue is not a different colour.

White is not classed as a colour either - is it?

:o

Why can't the club put the decision on design into the hands of the fans?

The last home kit was awful along with most of the Carlotti/Carbrini attempts with exception to the 2005/06 home shirt. Umbro was definitely the best (I wonder how much more the club makes from Carbrini than it would from Umbro/Nike versus the likelihood of more shirts being sold?) and I have fondness to the 1993-95 shirt that we wore in the Prem. Why suggestions of colour changes is mentioned, it makes me shudder being bought that Pony red and blue stripe effort (very much Pony).

If we're going retro then the Le Coq Sportif of 1983/85 is my favourites as this is when I start supporting the club. Unsure whether these were on sale but I never was fortunate to be bought one as a kid.

If it has to Carbrini then let's use the navy/tangerine template of the away kit but swap it for blue/white so it's similar to the 1957-59 version.

It's worrying though that there has been no teasers apart from this email sent out. A bit like a film not releasing trailers or advanced screenings in fear of criticism affecting sales.

Yep, so many good times as a Latics fan under the double diamond - guilty of living in the past, perhaps...aren't all tic's fans over a certain age?

Used to love all the old umbro kits, so many teams had them, shame that nike have the monopoly now even though they own Umbro now! Crazy

Not really, they make superior quality kits to Carbrini, really is as simple as that

I think the less the club would get from a recognised shirt manufacturer would be balanced out by increased sales. As long as we continue to have the :censored: rolled out by Carbrini/Sparta/:censored:intescotwostripe, the longer I'll keep my money in my pocket. Give me Nike/Adidas/Puma, then we'll talk......

Depends what you're using it for though, doesn't it?

I'd be playing twice a week in mine, if it fell apart after a couple of washes I'd be cheesed off. Plus I wanna look cool shades.gif

Correct. Plus the Adidas/Nike ones are actually made properly, out of decent materials. Not the nylon/polyester sweat machines like the cheaper :censored:e.

And I don't need any help to sweat.....

They're also a little more worth the £40 asking price.

I think the less the club would get from a recognised shirt manufacturer would be balanced out by increased sales. As long as we continue to have the :censored: rolled out by Carbrini/Sparta/:censored:intescotwostripe, the longer I'll keep my money in my pocket. Give me Nike/Adidas/Puma, then we'll talk......

Errr what about the loss of our shirt sponsor, would that loss of income also be balanced out by the increased sales, or maybe they wouldn't mind a change of manufacturer.

Depends what you're using it for though, doesn't it?

I'd be playing twice a week in mine, if it fell apart after a couple of washes I'd be cheesed off. Plus I wanna look cool shades.gif

In which case you would have pay a significant premium price.... :wink:

A non-sparring post I hope you notice. Peace.

Edited by LaticsPete

I'm surprised at the criticism of Carbrini kits. Last season's 2 were the remnants of Carlotti I believe, while this season's away kit is of good quality, and one of my favourite Latics kit designs ever.

I would absolutely hate us to get a generic Adidas or Nike kit, it creates a lack of identity.

Plymouth just look like Wolfsburg this season, for example.

I'm surprised at the criticism of Carbrini kits. Last season's 2 were the remnants of Carlotti I believe, while this season's away kit is of good quality, and one of my favourite Latics kit designs ever.

I would absolutely hate us to get a generic Adidas or Nike kit, it creates a lack of identity.

Plymouth just look like Wolfsburg this season, for example.

But considering this one is just a carbon copy of bournemouths, hardly giving us any identity of our own is it. Give me a umbro nike or adidas shirt over carbrini anyday, if only for the quality alone!!!!

This seasons away kit of good quality??? All is I will say to that is you must have had one which has been made by nine year olds, and i must have got the one made by the five year olds. I think the quality of the kits under carlotti were better than Carbrini, one of the reasons being the shirt sponsor was stitched on, instead of that cheap, tacky iron on stuff that is used for the shirt sponsor for our current shirts (and for the logo's on the sleeves of the away top). This is whats peeling off on mine after less than 6 months having mine, yet the everton shirt I wear frequently for the gym (which also has the cheap iron on crap for the shirt sponsor) still looks as new as the day i bought it.