Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote

Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UK Independence Party
    • Green Party
    • British National Party
    • Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • I am not going to vote
    • Spoil Vote

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very happy with that outcome in my area...

Name Party Votes % +/-

Jonathan Reynolds Labour 16,189 39.6 -10.1

Rob Adlard Conservative 13,445 32.9 +6.8

John Potter Liberal Democrat 6,965 17.0 +1.4

Extremely vindicated in stating that a vote for Lib Dems was opening a Tory door...even had to campaign my own mother on it! Job done!

Just stating the facts, not endorsing.

I'm sure the respective people and their lawyers will be very interested to see you bandying around a term like "bent" so loosely in permanent form though.

:grin::grin::grin:

Elliot Morley, tried to con £ 16,000, now faces fraud charges, Ian McCartney, Labour Chairman, repaid 15 grand rather than be charged with fraud,

Two "straight up, solid, 'of the people' MP's Clare Short and Tam Dalyell.. Short claimed, and received, over 8 thousand pounds for renovating her (second) home, which she subsequently paid back. Not bent eh?

Tam Dalyell submitted a claim of 18 thousand pounds for bookcases two months before he retired as an MP. (as you do.)

Geoff Hoon, Alistair Darling..Mandelson..all named, all bent as :censored:. I could go on...and on..and on. I've not even mentioned Blears...

BENT AS F**k ALL OF 'EM

Sue me.

Edited by Hank Kingsley

:grin::grin::grin:

Elliot Morley, tried to con £ 16,000, now faces fraud charges, Ian McCartney, Labour Chairman, repaid 15 grand rather than be charged with fraud,

Two "straight up, solid, 'of the people' MP's Clare Short and Tam Dalyell.. Short claimed, and received, over 8 thousand pounds for renovating her (second) home, which she subsequently paid back. Not bent eh?

Tam Dalyell submitted a claim of 18 thousand pounds for bookcases two months before he retired as an MP. (as you do.)

Geoff Hoon, Alistair Darling..Mandelson..all named, all bent as :censored:. I could go on...and on..and on. I've not even mentioned Blears...

BENT AS F**k ALL OF 'EM

Sue me.

Sack the corrupt state. We need reform more than ever.

More people would be saving more to fund here retirements...

wow - I didn't come on last night and this thread has exploded.

I am now failing to understand. Can you articulate why people would save more for their retirement in the event of a 100% inheritance tax? My understanding would be, dependent on risk preferences, people would likely save less assuming people maximise their private benefit.

Also, in your simplistic world, I noted that the gross size of national debt does not matter. Could you also explain this to me? My understanding of this is that the size of debt contributes to the amount of interest paid which is taxpayers money not being spent on services today. In addition, the higher the debt of the borrower, the higher the risk to the lender. Therefore the higher the interest rate paid. In this scenario more tax most is diverted meaning more borrowing eeded to sustain cutter services. Let us be clear on this at least. Greece were downgraded as credit agencies thought they couldn't repay and or service their debt. Both of these are directly related to the size of debt. Let's hope the UK with the largest forecast deficit in the EU this year does not get a similar response from the markets

Edited by latic12345

wow - I didn't come on last night and this thread has exploded.

I am now failing to understand. Can you articulate why people would save more for their retirement in the event of a 100% inheritance tax? My understanding would be, dependent on risk preferences, people would likely save less assuming people maximise their private benefit.

Also, in your simplistic world, I noted that the gross size of national debt does not matter. Could you also explain this to me? My understanding of this is that the size of debt contributes to the amount of interest paid which is taxpayers money not being spent on services today. In addition, the higher the debt of the borrower, the higher the risk to the lender. Therefore the higher the interest rate paid. In this scenario more tax most is diverted meaning more borrowing eeded to sustain cutter services. Let us be clear on this at least. Greece were downgraded as credit agencies thought they couldn't repay and or service their debt. Both of these are directly related to the size of debt. Let's hope the UK with the largest forecast deficit in the EU this year does not get a similar response from the markets

No offence but this debate is old news... Much bigger things going on...

Im oafc0000, having some issues with my account at the moment... Locked it again... Lack of sleep this time :)

Edited by oafc2008

I have no idea how this is going to pan out...

It looks like Clegg is actually no good at this politics stuff after all. I said on the other thread when he said he would treat whoever got the most votes and the most seats as the winner, and do whatever they wanted, even if it means not getting the electoral reform that he's spent the last however many years campaigning for.

The fact is that the Prime Minister gets the first chance, not whoever gets the most vote share. He needs to grow up quick, or f*** o**.

Nick Clegg has re-emphasised his view and kept his word that it is only fair and right that the party with the most votes and the most seats should have the first opportunity to prove that it is capable of forming a government in the national interest.

Of course it's only words at this stage, but it is a far more democratic and appropriate view of the situation than Labour's cynical and frankly anti-democratic attempts to somehow cling on to power by coming crawling to the Lib Dems, despite being annihilated in the polls. Nobody ever elected Gordon Brown, and they've now very clearly unelected him. He should step aside now.

There is something vaguely ironic about the idea of coming third, pallying up with the party that came second, installing a clear loser as Prime Minister and then gonig on to use your influence to deliver a significant change to the voting system.

Cameron's best bet is to promise the Lib-Dems gold and honey, run a coalition government with them for a few months, but before anything that will undermine future Tory election chances is implemented cause a huge political row and go to the country again asking for an overall majority as a mandate to govern.

Don't rule out an October election.

Nick Clegg has re-emphasised his view and kept his word that it is only fair and right that the party with the most votes and the most seats should have the first opportunity to prove that it is capable of forming a government in the national interest.

Of course it's only words at this stage, but it is a far more democratic and appropriate view of the situation than Labour's cynical and frankly anti-democratic attempts to somehow cling on to power by coming crawling to the Lib Dems, despite being annihilated in the polls. Nobody ever elected Gordon Brown, and they've now very clearly unelected him. He should step aside now.

Shocking night for the Dems wasn't it...

Under Prop Rep the Lib Dems would have got 143 seats. Top of the list for them will be electoral reform which the Tories were dead against. I don't expect they will form a government with the tories unless they allow this reform.

There is something vaguely ironic about the idea of coming third, pallying up with the party that came second, installing a clear loser as Prime Minister and then gonig on to use your influence to deliver a significant change to the voting system.

Cameron's best bet is to promise the Lib-Dems gold and honey, run a coalition government with them for a few months, but before anything that will undermine future Tory election chances is implemented cause a huge political row and go to the country again asking for an overall majority as a mandate to govern.

Don't rule out an October election.

October might be a bit early- but you are right I think we may have an election in the next 12 months

The fact is that the Prime Minister gets the first chance, not whoever gets the most vote share. He needs to grow up quick, or f*** o**.

The PM had that first chance. Unfortunately it vanished when Nick Clegg failed to return his calls!

Ball now in Cameron's court.

Woolas' vote is still yet to be declared, for the Lib Dems (especially at local level) if they get his seat that makes things slightly better.

EDIT- just declared and Woolas stays in (I want to see by how much)

Edited by rudemedic

A huge disappointment, but not as shocking as it was for Liebour.

Edit - obviously seriously gutted about the Oldham East & Saddleworth result.

Edited by garcon

The PM had that first chance. Unfortunately it vanished when Nick Clegg failed to return his calls!

Ball now in Cameron's court.

We can argue about this all day but the reality is going to be...

Torys first attempt...

Labour second attempt...

But even with Dem support its hard to see Labour being able to form a government...

Another election seems likely...

Woolas' vote is still yet to be declared, for the Lib Dems (especially at local level) if they get his seat that makes things slightly better.

EDIT- just declared and Woolas stays in (I want to see by how much)

Yup, they lost another marginal...