• Philliskirk
    • Gannon
    • Butt
    • Magilton
    • Hill
    • Simpson
    • Speed
    • Other
  2. 2. Failing that, who would be your second choice?

• Gray
    • Duxbury
    • Gregan
    • Ritchie
    • Bunn
    • Philliskirk
    • Gannon
    • Butt
    • Magilton
    • Hill
    • Simpson
    • Speed
    • Other

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the none of the above option?

Out of the list I have gone for Hill, not a cat in hells chance of him coming here but he has shown he can get a lot out of a squad and works to a budget, he would take a couple of seasons to get it right here (as would anyone) but I doubt if he would either come here or get the time he would need.

My second choice from that list and I can't believe I am saying this is Gannon. Again, I doubt if he would come and it would take him a few seasons, would he get the time from our over expectant fans?

Pretty poor list to be fair, if they are the same candidates TTA are deliberating over doesn't look good for us, we've had experience, then youth, then experience and are now back to youth.

I will give the new guy my full support till the day he leaves the club as he's the latics manager, end of. Sadly though I give him 18 months tops who ever he is before he is either sacked or moves on.

Our next manager needs 3 full seasons, at least 2 before any "manager x" out chants.

For me Ritchie and Bunn all the way!

Will put bums on seats, both local and have a good affinity with the club and the fans.

As said on radio yesterday Ritchie has unfinished business here, brought in some class last time Eyres, Shez and Carss, plus one of the big reasons he lost job here and at Barnsley was cos he wouldn't spend money, suits us fine as we haven't got any and will fit in with TTA tight budget.

Frankie very good coach especially with the youngsters and must have some very good contacts at City which can only lead to a better quality of loan player from City next season.

With these two quality strikers in charge, good chance of attacking football and the feel good factor would be back.

Before you say go for something different rather than someone previously played here, Shez didn't do too bad did he!

I posted a comment on potential new managers saying "someone like Gary Speed" and listed a few reasons why he'd be a decent choice and people have ran with it as if hes thrown his hat in the ring.

Wheres my agent fee?

Guest FyldeBlue
Sorry but simply not true...two reasons Pillock in charge at time wanted change AND as posted on several times "SENIOR PROS failed to play for him as expected....in other word let him down." source direct from club.

The hardest task any manager has is dealing with players who were once his team mates, then of course Andy had also to deal with Chris Moore who was handled by Alan Hardy...!....not in the physical sense though !.... he was his puppet.

I'm no longer certain that this club with the old deadwood remaining will ever go anywhere other than down, but then I know too much...each Manager needs to be his own man, not only having full control over all the players but able to make decisions without the aid or interference of the C.E.O.

Without any doubt Andy had a raw deal, but all those old players and his ex teammates are long gone now, we have a nucleus of young to mid range age players with a couple of 'old heads'....things would be very different and of course don't forget that Andy took Barnsley to promotion after he had left B.P.

He and Frankie Bunn are the team for me, with Lee Duxbury and Tony Philliskirk both doing fantatsic work, which they both want and enjoy doing in the reserves and youth set up....I believe it would be THE ONLY TEAM ABLE TO RESURRECT THIS CLUB after what has gone on over the last 5 or so years.

I'm baffled as to why people are against Andy Ritchie in anyway....and equally baffled as to why anyone would want Jim Gannon at B.P. what has he ever done ?... nothing is the answer, he is also not a happy bunny when fans start giving the verbals ... as a minority at B.P. are known to do.... :grin:

Let us all hope that this time the TFA get it right....

Edited by FyldeBlue

Andy Ritchie AND Bunn will hopefully get the job news coming out is that Gannon is returning back to Stockport County.

well it says so on 606 - this must be true:

Was speaking to a mate yesterday who's dads boss is involved in the consortium looking to take over the club. His dads boss (who sells potatoes ?) has told my mate that Jimbo IS coming back for certain. Now my mate isnt one to talk cr a p (although he is a city fan) so i believe the man who sells potatoes is telling the truth and now i believe jim is coming back! :)(assuming the takeover goes through)

I cant see Richie coming back at alll. He made some comments mid week about hard the job was and the expectations of the fans (hasnt he said we are living in the past before now?). We see him as a hero and while he obviosuley enjoyed his time hear i dont think he feels that much affinity with the club and id be mega surprised if he came back

Im not sure on Gannon yeah he did a decent job with sod all at stockport but that's it - other than that i dont know too much about him except hes prone to the odd crazy comment with some of our over sensative fans not sure how that would go down.

0 chance of Hill no point putting him on there

Magilton - cant see him coing up north

Coleman possible - but would he be able to get another championship club? his form with coventry wasnt brilliant

Southgate - nah cant see it some lower league championship club will take him probably

Bunn - possible but id rather have an experienced 1st team manager with a track record of building a team - still Dowie hadnt much 1st team management experience and OK i know he had cash and harbin look what happened

Simpson - possible when did he last manage a team?

Dons tin hat

Edited by bluehobbit

Is it the same consortium that was knocked back recently?

If so, can Gannon afford to gamble on it going through?

Lets just say he was offered the job here tomorrow, do you think he'd take it?

Is it the same consortium that was knocked back recently?

No, a new one. Head up by Gannon's mate.

If so, can Gannon afford to gamble on it going through?

I wouldn't be surprised if we're his plan B. I think County will be his plan A.

Lets just say he was offered the job here tomorrow, do you think he'd take it?

I think he'd play for time, pending the County situation. Although perhaps TTA can pay more than County if they consider him worthy.

No, a new one. Head up by Gannon's mate.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're his plan B. I think County will be his plan A.

I think he'd play for time, pending the County situation. Although perhaps TTA can pay more than County if they consider him worthy.

I'd prefer someone who's played for the club. That gives them a head start with the fans (with possible benefits for ST sales) and time to build - something that your Talbots, Moores and Penneys didn't get.

I'd prefer someone who's played for the club. That gives them a head start with the fans (with possible benefits for ST sales) and time to build - something that your Talbots, Moores and Penneys didn't get.

How about a future board of millionaire directors; :wink:

Paul Scholes

The Nevilles

Nicky Butt

Peter Reid for me.

Experienced manager, seen it all, been through promotions and relegations. Should have plenty of contacts......

No manager on earth could make the current lot play consistently well.