Ooooohh Roger Palmer

It only became apparent to me that The Dodger was in the house once already legging it across the Clayton Arms building site toward The Clayton Green. :petesake: I'll not name and shame the chap I hold directly responsible for this as he was clearly even more upset than I was.

I will however make a reiteration. That being you booze you lose.

:ranting:

Proof that the 3 sided **** hole can still produce an atmosphere

, never got a chance to see him play but the fact I saw grown men stop in their tracks was amazing

Also my dad missed the game and I when I told him I thought he was truely gutted to have missed it,

Its such a shame not one player on that pitch would be worthy of lacing his boots :disappointed:

It only became apparent to me that The Dodger was in the house once already legging it across the Clayton Arms building site toward The Clayton Green. :petesake: I'll not name and shame the chap I hold directly responsible for this as he was clearly even more upset than I was.

I will however make a reiteration. That being you booze you lose.

:ranting:

oh dear...sometimes its just worth staying until half time - minimum..... :grin:

Did Roger like it Though???? he did get one hell of a welcome, I almost felt embarrassed for him at one stage he didnt know what hit him :lol:

I know yes ha ha He loved it though but he's really shy! Gavin took a video of it on his phone and pmsl when someone kissed his foot on the pitch!!

he hates praise he gets embarresed!!!!

I know yes ha ha He loved it though but he's really shy! Gavin took a video of it on his phone and pmsl when someone kissed his foot on the pitch!!

he hates praise he gets embarresed!!!!

Thats were I thought he may have got embarrassed :lol: He did make the day for many many latic fans, thank him for that from us all

Thats were I thought he may have got embarrassed :lol: He did make the day for many many latic fans, thank him for that from us all

will do speak to him tomoz, going to ask him why he kept it quite aswell, he didn't tell me about it

and i've been trying to get him to go for a long time!!!

will do speak to him tomoz, going to ask him why he kept it quite aswell, he didn't tell me about it

and i've been trying to get him to go for a long time!!!

I am not ashamed to tell you all that I managed to blag my way into the players lounge after the game (with a little help from my friends) and actually got to meet the great man. Had a good chat with Gavin too who was buzzing at the excitement shown on so many 40 odd year old blokes faces when they were having their photos taken (yes, I was one of them).

I AM old enough to remember him playing, in fact, I remember us signing him and watched most of his games at home and many away (including the brace he scored away at Carlisle last game of the season and the day of the Bradford fire) right through to his testimonial at home against City.

Saturday has to go down as a day that I will NEVER forget.

Jerseyblue, tell Roger that it was an absolute pleasure and privelidge to meet him, and also tell Gavin that I am still disappointed that he is a United fan, but as he is the Son of God, I suppose I can forgive him! :grin:

Did Roger like it Though???? he did get one hell of a welcome, I almost felt embarrassed for him at one stage he didnt know what hit him :lol:

I felt embarassed from him and the strike it lucky winner who went down on his knees to kiss his feet. Pure cringe

Great suprise and what a reception, the chaddy was rocking for 5 minutes

Edited by NIKI1234

Just spoke to Roger and he said the reason it was unanounced was due to the fact he wasn't defo going untill the Saturday morning for a couple of reasons! The club couldn't say for sure he would be there But he said he was overwelmed by the reaction and had a great day looked after very well and to thank everyone!

Just spoke to Roger and he said the reason it was unanounced was due to the fact he wasn't defo going untill the Saturday morning for a couple of reasons! The club couldn't say for sure he would be there But he said he was overwelmed by the reaction and had a great day looked after very well and to thank everyone!

:grin:

I felt embarassed from him and the strike it lucky winner who went down on his knees to kiss his feet. Pure cringeGreat suprise and what a reception, the chaddy was rocking for 5 minutes

Surely I cant be the only one to notice that he wasn’t even a strike it lucky winner. After he fawned all over Ooh Roger; he walked off towards the RRE and went up the steps towards the exit.

Surely I cant be the only one to notice that he wasn’t even a strike it lucky winner. After he fawned all over Ooh Roger; he walked off towards the RRE and went up the steps towards the exit.

Probably off to releive himself after getting so excited

No, not a prize winner. It was Kenny Jones, a fan for a great number of years who has met Roger on a number of occasions (And embarrassed him on most of them!)

I remember an inebriated Kenny leaning round the dugout and offering Jimmy Frizzell a swig from his whisky bottle once - Frizz just smiled and said "Not 'til after the final whistle son, I've a job tae do first!"