New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of Dickov bollocking the players at half time or barking instructions on the touchline sits far better with me than another season of seeing Martin Grey pointing and shrugging. If I get the other names I will let you know.

So lets rate the important qualities the TTA should be looking for

Experienced v Enthusiastic first apppointment

Respected by Chairmen v Respected by players

Coaching qualifications v Enthusiastic student

Good previous jobs v Relative newcomer

Fighter on the pitch v Calm and in control

Media savvy v Media cautious

Unknow to us

Tried and tested v Innovative

Am I allowed to say? I don't think I should but its certainly a Talking Point thats for sure.

Venue a Talking Point eh?..........

I’m getting married up there in Feb next year – Temple better not eat them out of pies when he comes in for his interview or I’ll not be impressed; my buffet will be pish without the meat & potatoes!!

Dickov is not a Scout Heading for another long trip.

However, he is featured in a Sports Pyschologists website for his enthusiasm.

Something we seem t have lacked

Paul Dickov enthousiastic

You know, if I'd been a professional footballer I'd have been a bit like Paul Dickov (but several stone heavier).

I'd have run my bollocks off week in, week out.

And still been :censored:e.

has anyone thought of gray staying on as assistant with bunn/crossley/butt as manager. he'll have been an assistant for most of his coaching career and knows the club more than others. save money for us but it depends whether he'd accept working for someone who the board have said are better than him.

has anyone thought of gray staying on as assistant with bunn/crossley/butt as manager. he'll have been an assistant for most of his coaching career and knows the club more than others. save money for us but it depends whether he'd accept working for someone who the board have said are better than him.

Possible, although you have to consider...

1) Gray may not want to if he doesnt get the job

2) If it is someone else other than Gray the new manager may insist on his own number 2

I don't think Crossley would have a number 2 in mind, neither would Bunn. This sounds like a very realistic possibility to me and wouldn't be that bad a solution imo

Possible, although you have to consider...

1) Gray may not want to if he doesnt get the job

2) If it is someone else other than Gray the new manager may insist on his own number 2

he wasn't of much assistance last season

I don't think Crossley would have a number 2 in mind, neither would Bunn. This sounds like a very realistic possibility to me and wouldn't be that bad a solution imo

I'm not saying it would be a bad solution, if so then great as it would save us having to pay off Gray. But perhaps a new manager wanted to bring in their own number two, if it was Gannon perhams he would want Peter Ward as his no2, maybe Bunn would want to bring Harbin with him, maybe they would want to appoint a no2 from within but not Gray (someone such as Gregan, or Dux).

The club certainly needs stability so it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring someone in who knows our set up as well as having experienced other clubs structure. I would support an internal promotion coupled with an external appointment with some connections to Oldham and other clubs.

I'm not saying it would be a bad solution, if so then great as it would save us having to pay off Gray. But perhaps a new manager wanted to bring in their own number two, if it was Gannon perhams he would want Peter Ward as his no2, maybe Bunn would want to bring Harbin with him, maybe they would want to appoint a no2 from within but not Gray (someone such as Gregan, or Dux).

I know you have to have coaching badges, but the Level 4 UEFA A badge even seems a little basic!

SO Pro Licence or forgt it!

I started the first twobut it is a bit boring.

Goalkeeping

Topics

In a Small Sided Game Coach the goalkeeper and the defence on the principles of how to reduce shots at goal.

In a Phase of Play or 11 v 11 Coach the goalkeeper as part of the Counter Attacking strategy

In a Phase of Play or 11 v 11 Coach the goalkeeper and the defence to be more effective at preventing and dealing with crosses.

In a Phase of Play or 11 v 11 Coach the goalkeeper and his defence on improving communication and understanding

In a Phase of Play or 11 v 11 Coach the goalkeeper and the team on "playing out from the back".

In a Phase of Play or 11 v 11 Coach the goalkeeper on long forward passing and the team on how to increase the chances of retaining possession

Defending

Topics

Function Coach 3 central backs defending centrally in a zonal defence

Function Coach 2 central backs defending centrally in a zone defence

SSG/Phase Coach players in their defensive priorities when outnumbered

SSG/Phase Coach a team where and and how to pressurise

SSG/Phase Coach compactness

SSG/Phase Coach defenders to read the play, position accordingly and defend appropriately

Phase Coach a man for man defence supported by a sweeper

Phase Coach three central backs to operate as a defending unit

Phase Coach a back 4 to operate as a defending unit

Phase Coach a sweeper how to operate when the ball is in wide positions

Phase/11v11 Coach a team to defend with a sweeper

11v11 Coach a team to defend in order to counter-attack

11v11 Coach a ten man team to defend against 11 players

11v11 Coach a team to defend using a 4-3-3 system of play

11 v 11 Coach a team to not go past the half way line unless accidentally. This module will be taken by Guest Speaker Dave Penney

A licence modules

I really think it's time the owners made a decision based purely on how they see the merits of the candidates and ignored the clamour from the fans. If there is one constant truth in all this it is that the fans - especially the noisy ones - know nothing, and therefore should not be considered in any new management decision.

OR SACKING!!!

Edited by wardlelatic