New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to say re enthusiasm IF IF if Butt didnt turn up? as suggested by others.

unless someone sat for 2 days in a car in the carpark logging who did and didnt walk in,then its all pure speculation....nothing more

the club has not released a list of condidates,everybody is just going off paper talk and the rumour mills...

the reason i said what is did is simple...bunn hasnt been a number 1,has no experience so if were going to go down that route id much prefer someone like butt,he hasnt got any experience iether but he is young and hungry for success,and has played for some fantastic managers,and will have good contacts and is well thought of generally in the game...outside of oldham nobody really knows bunn do they...

Jesus, am I the only one who thinks Ritchie will be the worst appointment we can make? I'd give it Richardson over him.

I dont its been tryed tested and failed, the only plus with stich is the fans wont turn on him as quick as they did the penny apart from that i dont think going back is a good idea

Half of our lot couldn't trap a pallet of cement, can you really see many of them benefiting from the training drills that Ronaldo and Rooney do?

why cant you???

no saying we will have the same players is there really...get it right in training with different methods and ideas and they find there way onto the field of play in games....if you want to settle for second best thats upto you.

Oldham managing director Simon Corney has issued the following statement on Monday afternoon:-

"I am delighted to announce Martin Gray as the new manager of Oldham Athletic.

Promoting an assistant manager to the lead role is often seen as a cheap or safe option, but I can assure all Oldham fans that I have selected Martin because I truly believe he is the best candidate for the job.

I have also been impressed with Martin's hunger to manage. I have always sought ambitious managers and there is little doubt that he is as enthusiastic and ambitious as ever.

Martin will be assisted by Lee Duxbury, who needs no introduction to Latics fans. Lee has been an extremely loyal servant for our club but it is Lee's talent as a coach that has earned him this appointment which I know he will relish.

Martin's and Lee's existing knowledge of the current players will allow them to hit the ground running, but they have already made me aware that they will be implementing their own philosophies and ideas and adding to a squad that only just survived relegation last season."

Source

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Jesus, am I the only one who thinks Ritchie will be the worst appointment we can make? I'd give it Richardson over him.

Whilst I respect AR as a player and former manager of this club, there are several mangers I would rather see here than him, and that includes Gray, Simpson, Crossley, Bunn, Hill, Gannon

Oldham managing director Simon Corney has issued the following statement on Monday afternoon:-

Promoting an assistant manager to the lead role is often seen as a cheap or safe option, but I can assure all Oldham fans that I have selected Martin because I truly believe he is the best candidate for the job.

I have also been impressed with Martin's hunger to manage again. I have always sought ambitious managers and there is little doubt that he is as enthusiastic and ambitious as ever.

Martin will be assisted by Lee Duxbury, who needs no introduction to Latics fans. Lee has been an extremely loyal servant for our club but it is Lee's talent as a coach that has earned him this appointment which I know he will relish.

Martin's and Lee's existing knowledge of the current players will allow them to hit the ground running, but they have already made me aware that they will be implementing their own philosophies and ideas and adding to a squad that only just survived relegation last season."

Please please please let this be a very very late april fools joke, Lee duxbury as number 2 i would be happy with but dave penny jr no thanks

Well i'm with you on that + long term sick pay for absentees like Purdie etc.

Obviously as posted Killen etc happens but it must have a place on budget in terms of ££££££££s with targets to reduce.

My BIG gripe is agents fees.........

I agree, I prefer proper scouting like Dario Gradi at Crewe.

Please please please let this be a very very late april fools joke, Lee duxbury as number 2 i would be happy with but dave penny jr no thanks

Click the link

Basically Colchester United have promoted their number two to manager. BBRM merely replaced several words.

I have also been impressed with Martin's hunger to manage again. I have always sought ambitious managers and there is little doubt that he is as enthusiastic and ambitious as ever.

Click on the link

Please tell me you are joking? Where did you get this from?

If thats the case they can shove my season ticket where the sun doesnt shine!

Please tell me you are joking? Where did you get this from?

If thats the case they can shove my season ticket where the sun doesnt shine!

BBRM was joking around i did not click the link, it made the managers tread intresting for 10 mins tho yehh.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully our Board can be has brave as Colchesters and keep the stability of the team together and appoint Gray !

That is assuming that Gray did not come across as his own man with his own ideas for the team in his interview, not as Dave Penney mk 2