If you won the lottery

How much money would you put into the Tics ( or would you).

Depending on what I won Id plough in my interest earned on a yearly basis and sign two quality players who are on frees.

Id also have my fat face transplanted onto the Chaddy End Roof so when Planes fly over it on route to Manchester they can see my big smile... Id also call it the Lukers stand and have decent beer on draft.

Finally Id also employ that girl crew " Blue Thunder" to entertain....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much money would you put into the Tics ( or would you).

Depending on what I won Id plough in my interest earned on a yearly basis and sign two quality players who are on frees.

Id also have my fat face transplanted onto the Chaddy End Roof so when Planes fly over it on route to Manchester they can see my big smile... Id also call it the Lukers stand and have decent beer on draft.

As long as the current management are in place, not a jot. If I felt I was handing over to people who would use it wisely it would be a different story, though.

I can't understand why anyone would want to risk the potential joy of winning a large amount of money by making themselves the inevitable target of a bunch of know nothing, no mark, jealous, big mouthed retards.

Stop trying to be the new Corp, son. We know you are now anti-OAFC and now don't care a jot for the club...but it's not that difficult to understand why a Latics fan who suddenly comes into a bit of money would consider sending some the way of his/her favourite club.

Edited by Yard Dog

If won on euromillion say it was £50m i won, i would invest(or give in a way) anything up to £10m.

i were thinking of this a while back and said id give pretty much all of it to charity. whether id give some to latics would depend if we'd become so desperate to be classed as a charity

Stop trying to be the new Corp, son. We know you are now anti-OAFC and now don't care a jot for the club...but it's not that difficult to understand why a Latics fan who suddenly comes into a bit of money would consider sending some the way of his/her favourite club.

Anyone know what happened to him??

Would nobody want to buy the club, pay off the £2.7m (and rising) to TTA, invest in the management and playing side and go for it big time?

Or do people simply understand the position TTA currently find themselves in?

TTA have been fantastic for the club. Not many clubs in any league can say they dont owe any money to other clubs players tax people etc..

proved there here to back the club & not leave us in a mess

so i wouldnt say buy them out, more get funds available to give us at least two seasons of being serious contenders, which in its ownright, will get the money back with more fans coming etc.. we just need to get into that cycle

For me, it depends on the amount and I have family commotments that come first.

But I understand Failsworth is the only realistic option at the moment.

However, if I won Euro millions I would first ask the TTA what the money that BP needs to make it vialbe in itself, and what money is neede to redevelop it.

We all know though, that would be a good chunk of any EM jackpot.

Maybe we should do aOWTB syndicate and stipulate 75% to syndicate 25% to club.

For me, it depends on the amount and I have family commotments that come first.

But I understand Failsworth is the only realistic option at the moment.

However, if I won Euro millions I would first ask the TTA what the money that BP needs to make it vialbe in itself, and what money is neede to redevelop it.

We all know though, that would be a good chunk of any EM jackpot.

Maybe we should do aOWTB syndicate and stipulate 75% to syndicate 25% to club.

TTA have been fantastic for the club. Not many clubs in any league can say they dont owe any money to other clubs players tax people etc..

proved there here to back the club & not leave us in a mess

so i wouldnt say buy them out, more get funds available to give us at least two seasons of being serious contenders, which in its ownright, will get the money back with more fans coming etc.. we just need to get into that cycle

good post

Thanks for that, I feel younger already. :lol:

If I didn't care a jot for the club I probably wouldn't still be here.

As for the corp, I miss his grim common sense. :wink:

Yes, honestly, I can understand a die-hard fan wanting to put some money the way of their club. But I also think they'd live to regret it.

If I won a significant amount I would donate in a way that wasn't a fleeting bit of cash, no use saying here, have x amount for transfers or wages. I would say here, take this and build a stand.

Have to have my name on though!

I like your thinking (especially as I've chatted to a couple of them (probably long since retired now though)- very nice charming ladies they were).

On the thread topic I'd buy out the masons- sorry I mean the trust- and tell Mr Owen where to go as the "fans" representative on the board (especially as with a fan on the board in a more legitimate way (from a business sense) his job becomes more irrelevant). I'd be tempted to buy some of TTA's stake in the club (not all of it) and see where a bit of luck takes us (and see how much it really is going to cost re the redevelopment of BP).

I have one or two marketing ideas- but since the club currently prides itself as being a family club and this is a family board it might not be appropiate to say but lets say it would involve ladies who are a bit more risque than Blue thunder (who are the cheerleaders for Toronto's Candian Football team- in case you couldn't be bothered looking them up). In fact one of the ladies I had in mind has already been mentioned in the manager thread.

Of course this all depends on me winning more than the amount it would take for me to live a millionaires lifestyle (at least 10 mill). In fact considering the owners combined are probably worth a fair bit more than that it would take winning Euro Millions (singularly) before the club got a decent bit of investment- might still buy out the stonecutters (oh sorry I meant the trust- I keep getting confused) though.