Jonathan Macken

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep,

And the sensible posters are deemed to be the trouble causers.

:wink:

No, the sensible posters are incapable of ignoring one individual. If you don't reply the posts sink down the board.

Stunningly simple.

No, the sensible posters are incapable of ignoring one individual. If you don't reply the posts sink down the board.

Stunningly simple.

Or repeat offenders of blatently made up "rumours" could be told to post their "rumours" in one thread or section. Then normal users here could just ignore said thread or section.

The problem I have is I read the thread title first, and click through. It is only after I see who the O.P. is that I swear and leave the site. It really makes this place less attractive to visit.

Personally I would ban the repeat offenders of made up rumours, but that is just my opinion.

Or repeat offenders of blatently made up "rumours" could be told to post their "rumours" in one thread or section. Then normal users here could just ignore said thread or section.

The problem I have is I read the thread title first, and click through. It is only after I see who the O.P. is that I swear and leave the site. It really makes this place less attractive to visit.

Personally I would ban the repeat offenders of made up rumours, but that is just my opinion.

If people are leaving the site (and i know a few that are posting less and less) because of one or two attention seekers then as well as being bloody annoying the reduced traffic will surely cost the club money. (Every click earns the club money doesn't it?) A balance needs to be found. JK Latics went down a similar route - how's that site doing? (James Maker etc..) Trouble is with cyber space, things move along quickly...

Edited by oafcprozac

If people are leaving the site (and i know a few that are posting less and less) because of one or two attention seekers then as well as being bloody annoying the reduced traffic will surely cost the club money. (Every click earns the club money doesn't it?) A balance needs to be found. JK Latics went down a similar route - how's that site doing? (James Maker etc..) Trouble is with cyber space, things move along quickly...

Is that the best you can come up with. Mods need to take action because Latics are losing money as people aren't posting. Come on people come and go (you have several times), the site has it's highs and lows and frankly it's always like this closed season.

Funny enough I don't can't stand members trying to push their weight about (well throwing their toys) when they don't like certain posters on the site or THEY believe the quality of posts are not up to their alleged intelligence.

Is that the best you can come up with. Mods need to take action because Latics are losing money as people aren't posting. Come on people come and go (you have several times), the site has it's highs and lows and frankly it's always like this closed season.

Funny enough I don't can't stand members trying to push their weight about (well throwing their toys) when they don't like certain posters on the site or THEY believe the quality of posts are not up to their alleged inteligence.

That's what the ignore button is for and believe me I use it, OWTB is a diverse community and I hope everyone contributes to that diversity. If everyone thought the same way the world would be a poorer place BUT like The Corp, Scarlett, Murrayzmint etc before them one or two are becoming truly monotonous and i'm not quite sure what continual fishing and rumour-monegering actually does to improve the user's experience on this board?

If i'm in the minority then fair enough...but I don't think I am.

Why don't we have one thread dealing with transfer speculation, then you can post in that one thread to your little hearts' content. When we get some solid leads on a particular player, then we can debate that on it's own merits.

I needs a separate section, that's the way I reckon...

That's what the ignore button is for and believe me I use it, OWTB is a diverse community and I hope everyone contributes to that diversity. If everyone thought the same way the world would be a poorer place BUT like The Corp, Scarlett, Murrayzmint etc before them one or two are becoming truly monotonous and i'm not quite sure what continual fishing and rumour-monegering actually does to improve the user's experience on this board?

+1; what he said.

I’ve recently started to use the ignore function and whilst I do now much prefer it; you can still see the silly posts if people quote them in replies so it doesn’t truly ‘ignore’ them……….

I’ve said before; I just don’t get the sad hobby of posting up blatantly made up posts to get a reaction; this fishing thing just seems a really strange way to pass your time & get your enjoyment. Each to their own & all that; but it’s becoming a bit tiresome on here with all the threads about us definitely signing <insert player name> because you’ve just seen them in the supermarket or Dickov told you himself (!)…………something needs to be done, not sure what; but it’s spoiling the forum anyroads.

+1; what he said.

I’ve recently started to use the ignore function and whilst I do now much prefer it; you can still see the silly posts if people quote them in replies so it doesn’t truly ‘ignore’ them……….

I’ve said before; I just don’t get the sad hobby of posting up blatantly made up posts to get a reaction; this fishing thing just seems a really strange way to pass your time & get your enjoyment. Each to their own & all that; but it’s becoming a bit tiresome on here with all the threads about us definitely signing <insert player name> because you’ve just seen them in the supermarket or Dickov told you himself (!)…………something needs to be done, not sure what; but it’s spoiling the forum anyroads.

Agree entirely.

Nope, you're not.

+1; what he said.

Ive recently started to use the ignore function and whilst I do now much prefer it; you can still see the silly posts if people quote them in replies so it doesnt truly ignore them.

Ive said before; I just dont get the sad hobby of posting up blatantly made up posts to get a reaction; this fishing thing just seems a really strange way to pass your time & get your enjoyment. Each to their own & all that; but its becoming a bit tiresome on here with all the threads about us definitely signing <insert player name> because youve just seen them in the supermarket or Dickov told you himself (!)something needs to be done, not sure what; but its spoiling the forum anyroads.

100% agree.

has it ever crossed peoples minds on here, that ra might be a foreign oldham athletic fan?

His background has nothing to do with it, he's clearly what we would class as EAL but his grammatical indiscretions are not the issue.

His background has nothing to do with it, he's clearly what we would class as EAL but his grammatical indiscretions are not the issue.

By the way, I do not want this to turn into a witch-hunt, the lad is entitled to be a latics fan and to post his opinions like the rest of us are but surely it is time to tone down the fishing and the manure???

Picking up ona point above made 9sorry cannot recallw ho as I have read the thread down) that posters were good then became tiresome.

I don' think it is entirely co -incidental that the likes of Corp, RA etc are one trick ponies fishermen

I'm aware of RA's ethnicity, struggling command of a second language, and also his link with the club. I bear all this in mind when reading his posts.

Unfortunately, when posting, RA doesn't seem to bear in mind the comments previously levelled at him regarding continual speculative rumours, and continues to get the backs up of a few who would ideally prefer to read solid fact, than have five or six names a week thrown into the ring.

With the current trend for fishing and trolling on OWTB, some posters should bear in mind that people are fed up of being fed crap when they have logged in to read and discuss genuine targets of the team they love.

Mods should protect all parties, and if they perceive persecution, then they should maybe also look at the possible reasons for this and act accordingly. Maybe we'd all get on better if we cut out the deliberate wind-ups and incessant unfounded conjecture.

Stunningly simple.

A stunningly obvious and simple response Ackey.

I don't comprehend any value in the ignore function - if you don't like a poster then just scroll on past, as I do with one incredibly pompous sounding member and another particularly torturous idiot, rather than any classic 'fishermen'. On the other hand I happen to eagerly anticipate and particularly enjoy RoyleArmy's posts, as I did with those of Corporal Jones. Perhaps some of us 'get them'?

Those who complain and insinuate that certain poster's ought to be banned could do well to remember that the forum isn't here to be tailored to their taste. It's suitably moderated and censored, is what it is, and you take it or leave it - cheers.

This is on my agenda for today, an excellent idea put forward by at least half a dozen members already.