Sorry if this as been mentioned already. Why is the clubs site now so crap?

I can understand all the advertsing but stories of ex players moving clubs, ex players doing so well since they left the club is a bit like a kick in the teeth for fans seeing as many of the players were unfit for us while at the club on loan.

There are loads of spelling mistakes, and the pictures and stories seem out of sync when you load the pages with picture too big for the page etc.

Chris Grady is still on the player profiles along with a good few ex players who have left months ago.

On the main page you cant even see the club name and club logo as the page tags are to high towards the banner.

Anyone else notices this ?

I can understand all the advertsing but stories of ex players moving clubs, ex players doing so well since they left the club is a bit like a kick in the teeth for fans seeing as many of the players were unfit for us while at the club on loan.

There are loads of spelling mistakes, and the pictures and stories seem out of sync when you load the pages with picture too big for the page etc.

Chris Grady is still on the player profiles along with a good few ex players who have left months ago.

On the main page you cant even see the club name and club logo as the page tags are to high towards the banner.

is that you Ackey?

:blink:

The stats etc have been crap for over 12 months; the fillers or non-stories have become significant since the change of personnel

message boards are devoid of characters nowerday's...If you don't follow rhetoric you ain't in with the crowd...when the old jk latics site was operating people could be proper dicks take the piss out of each other av a laugh have a spat fall out make up and interact...Nowerday's it's all ruled by chyber police who determin what's said and what's not...sad but true ...if you speak out of line a big balloon chases you round the beach or ...watch this...ackey comes along with his...........loc.........

:grin: :grin: :grin:

message boards are devoid of characters nowerday's...If you don't follow rhetoric you ain't in with the crowd...when the old jk latics site was operating people could be proper dicks take the piss out of each other av a laugh have a spat fall out make up and interact...Nowerday's it's all ruled by chyber police who determin what's said and what's not...sad but true ...if you speak out of line a big balloon chases you round the beach or ...watch this...ackey comes along with his...........loc.........

:grin: :grin: :grin:

My god you're boring.

I must confess, I feel that I'm far more likely to get any worthwhile information off owtb, so rarely refer to the official site.

That said, when the nearest propert match is a good couple of months off and you have no idea who Latics are playing, then you can understand some of the "silly season" stories.

I do think the club has a duty to improve the accuracy of information on the site (e.g. squad details) and it would be nice if the likes of Tony Philliskirk had their section updated more than once in the last 18 months.

I did, for a time, run an internal web site at work. These things do grow arms and legs and actually maintaining all the information can be a massive job!

Could you provide an example of where OWTB's staff have acted to moderate opinion based on no reason other than said opinion?

I think the mods let a lot of things go on here that most boards would remove.

Like certain people (who can't spell) posting made up crap on here, reporting it as fact or rumour.

To say they are over the top I believe is very harsh indeed.

Like certain people (who can't spell) posting made up crap on here, reporting it as fact or rumour.

Disagree, I think Ackey and some wiseguy called Zorrro (how's that for poor spelling?) in particular are out of control. Their egos are writing cheques that their profiles can't cash, and good solid citizens from Oldham are being unfairly penalised purely on the grounds that they;

- Talk lies, post imaginary interaction with club dignitaries and pass off rumour as fact.

- Swear and get abusive.

- Post complete drivel.

- Cannot spell.

Personally I think we need a moderator for the moderators, and I propose that Blue Pizza guy. Now there is a guy who knows his stuff.

To be fair to the people/person who can't spell, he is far more entertaining than most of the boring people on here.

To be fair to the people/person who can't spell, he is far more entertaining than most of the boring people on here.

Each to their own, but I come here to read about the club and goings on. I get my entertainment in other places.

If people find nonsensical ramblings entertaining, then all power to them.

Yes, it has gone downhill. The squad details are embarrassingly out of date, and have been for months (when exactly did Timar leave?), the player profiles have said "coming soon" since last summer, the youth and reserves pages are only sporadically updated, the main page has far too many non-stories (I don't mean the usual closed season filler, which is fair enough - I mean the non-Latics stuff like Thomas Cook ads or betting stories). If we don't have enough staff with enough time to run the site, then stop pretending it's more than it is - drop all the blogs (which get about one story a year), drop all the extra sections, just have some properly written news, fixtures, match reports, player profiles, and forget the rest.

The author of that post isn't paid to write it. The official site is crap. Some of the recent articles are so pointless it's almost funny.

Given that they've been unable to spell correctly for a 60 word posting, and have made a number of grammatical blunders, do you trust their judgement on whether words have been spelled correctly? Or do you just back up the point without evidence as a position?

Anyway, if speelung is soe impertant to theim, shouvdn't they tray to got thoir won write?

Given that they've been unable to spell correctly for a 60 word posting, and have made a number of grammatical blunders, do you trust their judgement on whether words have been spelled correctly? Or do you just back up the point without evidence as a position?

Anyway, if speelung is soe impertant to theim, shouvdn't they tray to got thoir won write?

I think you can just go off personal experience rather than the grammer of someone pointing it out.

Are you saying that the OS reaches the heights of decent? Like others have mentioned, the OS is nigh on the last place I go for information.

I think you can just go off personal experience rather than the grammer of someone pointing it out.

Are you saying that the OS reaches the heights of decent? Like others have mentioned, the OS is nigh on the last place I go for information.

Erm, where exactly do you go then? Not here surely? It's like looking for a needle in giant haystacks trying to filter all the crap out. The critique was mainly about spelling and a few other areas you've missed.

Spelling, yeah should be sorted, really not that hard to do, but not exactly the end of the world. Style - I've seen appalling writing in broadsheets and on the bbc, the standard I expect on OAFC is the same as I'd expect in those places.

Content? It's the same every close season. Inane stuff of little import. What do people expect? Breaking news featuring Barack Obama's visit to BP? If there's no news they make up a non-story. Even the Sun does that.

Edited by real

Site needs upgrading,but since we started to subscribe to Latics Player, that has really gone down the nick. :ranting: The interveiws are still ok but the footie highlights are not good. We used to get 20 mins of highlights,now we are lucky if we get 2 mins. :blink: Perhaps it's because they struggle to find 20 mins out of 90 at the moment :disappointed: but i'm sure you get the point. :blink:

There just isn’t much to report at the moment, but clicks make money so it needs to be constantly updated with ‘news’ so people stay in the habit of checking in. Obviously by filling it with clunge this can be detrimental.

This year there might be some good stories to report though. Like a 17 goal demolition of dogdale.

Anyone else love the one eyed match reports as much as me?