Fixtures Thread : GMP screw us over again!

With the Dale game- bar the exiles couldn't they have played that when they wanted a bit as for quite a few posters on here it's probably easier to get to Spotland/Dale on a tues night than BP. Plus- and this is a one for the teachers when's half-term? As could the Dale away game be in the middle of half-term? I'm more gutted that they manage to give us Hartlepool away when I'm more than likely to be on holibobs anyway so not in Durham.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I be the first to say the fixtures look pretty decent on the whole.

I'll be giving Hartlepool a miss though! And Colchester...

At least the majority of our long haul away trips are (currently) on Saturdays.

Quite fancy a week away in the West Country in April too.

With the Dale game- bar the exiles couldn't they have played that when they wanted a bit as for quite a few posters on here it's probably easier to get to Spotland/Dale on a tues night than BP. Plus- and this is a one for the teachers when's half-term? As could the Dale away game be in the middle of half-term? I'm more gutted that they manage to give us Hartlepool away when I'm more than likely to be on holibobs anyway so not in Durham.

Not the best of fixtures. For me the main ones are Hartlepool, Rochdale and Sheffield Wednesday (and Plymouth away). So that is NYD (ace) and soon to be FIVE Tuesday nights.

I'd also now wonder if it is not the club instigating all these Tuesday night cheapo matches and not the Police?

Not the best of fixtures. For me the main ones are Hartlepool, Rochdale and Sheffield Wednesday (and Plymouth away). So that is NYD (ace) and soon to be FIVE Tuesday nights.

I'd also now wonder if it is not the club instigating all these Tuesday night cheapo matches and not the Police?

Plymouth away is on saturday- 15/1/11

Only game I can honestly say i'll be looking forward to will be Dagenham, but Bournemouth in March looks like a plan too...Orient, Charlton and Southampton have a bit of potential.

Plymouth away on my birthday (day before). Saturday for Southampton which is good but apart from that I'm a bit meh.

Not the greatest; pretty miffed at the 2 Sheffield games; had planned 2 all-dayer’s with a Sheff weds mate from work that now wont be happening – plus I think the club will be on for a loss in-terms of the home attendance for that game; Saturday fixture = away sell out in the RRE; tues night = no where near sell out.

Away trips that jump out for me are:

Southampton in October

Dagenham in Nov

MK Mongs in Dec

Either Yeovil or Exeter in April

Not the greatest; pretty miffed at the 2 Sheffield games; had planned 2 all-dayer’s with a Sheff weds mate from work Uni that now wont be happening :ranting: – plus I think the club will be on for a loss in-terms of the home attendance for that game; Saturday fixture = away sell out in the RRE; tues night = no where near sell out.

Southampton in October

Dagenham in Nov

MK Mongs in Dec

Not the greatest; pretty miffed at the 2 Sheffield games; had planned 2 all-dayer’s with a Sheff weds mate from work Uni that now wont be happening :ranting: – plus I think the club will be on for a loss in-terms of the home attendance for that game; Saturday fixture = away sell out in the RRE; tues night = no where near sell out.

Southampton in October

Dagenham in Nov

MK Mongs in Dec

I'm happy with the first couple of home fixtures but the away ones are stinkers for me Tramps, Charlton,Peterborough,Brighton,Wednesday,Brentford and Southampton all in the first couple of months. It's a tough start but i'd rather have them early on and try and catch them cold than near the end of the season.

Half term is 23rd to 30th October for most school's around the country.

I'm supposed to be going Scotland when we've got Tranmere away.

At least Notts County away is on a saturday.

Only downside is the Dale is mid week, only new ground for me is Dagenham this season not to bothered about Colchester being mid week. Hartlepool on new years day excellent think i will be having new years eve up Newcastle.

I only found out last night when Floyd told me in the pub

Leyton Orient away a couple of days after my birthday? Sounds like an excuse to make something massive happen in South Croydonia...

Will the wife's wife not have dropped by then? He might not be allowed to play out!

Will the wife's wife not have dropped by then? He might not be allowed to play out!

He'll be in the Doric Arch by 11 don't you worry... Roxy anyone?

I'm sure she will, but she's a good lass and knows when to hive off to her mum and dad's for the weekend! If not then I'll take the sofa and cunningly avoid being woken by a screaming little one at silly o'clock. And yes, by little one I do mean R von Cartenhorst. And by little, I do mean little...

The Roxy though - what a good shout! Game on! Might have to come down for a scouting trip between now and then though, I wouldn't want to just charge in willy-nilly.

I'm sure she will, but she's a good lass and knows when to hive off to her mum and dad's for the weekend! If not then I'll take the sofa and cunningly avoid being woken by a screaming little one at silly o'clock. And yes, by little one I do mean R von Cartenhorst. And by little, I do mean little...

The Roxy though - what a good shout! Game on! Might have to come down for a scouting trip between now and then though, I wouldn't want to just charge in willy-nilly.

Someone should have told R that, then we wouldn't have this problem! :lol: