Jewish dance group stoned in Germany

martjs

German police are investigating the stoning of a Jewish dance group trying to perform on the street in the city of Hanover.

Youths reportedly shouted "Juden Raus" (Jews Out) as they attacked the dancers of the Chaverim ("Friends" in Hebrew) dance troupe last weekend.

Police said several Muslim immigrant youths were among the attackers and two youths were being questioned.

A German Jewish leader said she feared growing anti-Israeli sentiment.

'So awful'

The group was trying to perform in Hanover's Sahlkamp district, which has a large immigrant community.

One of the dancers was injured in the leg and the troupe cancelled the performance after the attack.

Police said one German suspect aged 14 and a 19-year-old of North African origin were being questioned.

Alla Volodarska, of the Progressive Jewish community of Hanover, told Associated Press news agency she had spoken to the dancers involved.

"What happened is just so awful. The teenagers started throwing stones the moment our dance group was announced, even before they started dancing."

Charlotte Knobloch, president of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, told the Die Welt newspaper that anti-Semitic feelings were widespread in both far-right and Muslim communities in the country.

"It particularly saddens me that those anti-Semitic views can already be seen with such vehemence among children and youths," she said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10406344.stm

Er evolution, just because there are different religions involved doesn't mean that you aren't the same race.

Who needs science when Genesis covers it off? The Arabs are Semites.

22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.

23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.

24 And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber.

25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

26 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,

27 And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,

28 And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,

29 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan.

30 And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east.

31 These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.

32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

Anyway, it sounds like a nasty business, and I hate the idea that people are using what in my view is very legitimate disgust at Israel to justify these sort of attacks.

Police said several Muslim immigrant youths were among the attackers and two youths were being questioned.

Bob just because the attacks themselves were, perhaps, racially/religiously motivated doesn't detract from what you said.

You grouped 1.25 BILLION (19% of the worlds population) people into the same bracket as "several" youths.

Let's be generous - let's say "several" in this case is 5. You judged a population based on 0.0000004% of said population.

Good job.

Bob just because the attacks themselves were, perhaps, racially/religiously motivated doesn't detract from what you said.

You grouped 1.25 BILLION (19% of the worlds population) people into the same bracket as "several" youths.

Let's be generous - let's say "several" in this case is 5. You judged a population based on 0.0000004% of said population.

Good job.

What Ackey said.

Typical racist.

And that is supposed to justify you calling the entire Muslim populace typical of the actions made by a clearly isolated, ill-supported, and probably misled bunch of youths?

That's insulting, and I sincerely hope that attitude is not standard of the Jewish people either. Notice that I called you a racist on not your Hebrew brethren?

And that is supposed to justify you calling the entire Muslim populace typical of the actions made by a clearly isolated, ill-supported, and probably misled bunch of youths?

That's insulting, and I sincerely hope that attitude is not standard of the Jewish people either. Notice that I called you a racist on not your Hebrew brethren?

Using Bob's retarded-logic we're all scum too Rummy, as British Caucasians we are akin to these tools: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/10413611.stm

• 2 weeks later...
Unless you get a few beers* in JSS....

*(actually, get a few beers in him and he just talks about his man crush on Sidney Crosby)

I will openly talk about Sid all the time. It's just when no one else has been drinking then they haven't got the tolerance to listen :wink:

Edited by jsslatic