Latics Chairman Stands Down

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ! I'll rephrase the question:

Bob, would you take the same view if TTA weren't Jewish.

Much better :wink:

Sorry, it's part of a wider problem/ignorance that gets my goat. Glad to have it corrected!

Why must it have been a con?

They may have had interest in the Failsworth land for housing etc while having BP re-developed.. Nothing wrong with having other plans in case the first one messes up..

Latics fans are to suspicious of people.

Exactly seeing as they got their wealth through properties....surely they kept doing their real jobs while owning the club.

Anyone else think Ali G had wrote the article?

"Latics has a new chairman after Simon Blitz decided to end his association with the football club."

Should surely be "Latics have..."

BOT

The Wardle links could have some substance...Dickov and Wardle having City links an what not...

But that's all I have to base the rumours on tbh.

apart from RA seeing him at training.

the club should tell us what is happening

Hey RA, I was relying on your inside knowledge, thinking that someone with money is waiting in the wings has been keeping me from fretting too much. But now your acting like you know just as much as the rest if us and now I'm very worried.

...The most disappointing part to this is the timing. Just as pre season is beginning and people are getting excited for the season. Guess it explains out lack of signings though

Timing is perfect, anyone who was going to buy a season ticket has more than likely done so by now.

BTW

It is so worthwhile having a fan on the board it means we can't get dumped in the :censored: again. Uh, oh, we have been. :censored:

Well, it was a nice token gesture from TTA and I guess it made some people feel important, so that's alright.

"Latics has a new chairman after Simon Blitz decided to end his association with the football club."

Should surely be "Latics have..."

Nope, Latics are a single entity therefore grammatically this is correct. If Latics was plural, then you would be right...

Timing is perfect, anyone who was going to buy a season ticket has more than likely done so by now.

From a revenue perspective I agree. What I mean is that enthusiasm with a new manager and some impending signings could have been on the increase. This will reduce peoples enthusiasm for a season that starts 1 month today.

You certainly know how to galvanise our single owner into continuing his support of the club.

I fail to see your point? I didn't make a value judgement. He is outspoken and, at times, confrontational. It's how he channels his passion. At no point did I say this is a good or bad thing. It's more your prejudice of those attributes in a human being that made you think of that as a negative post

Nope, Latics are a single entity therefore grammatically this is correct. If Latics was plural, then you would be right...

Latics is more than one man, right...... :wink:

And Latics describes the team of Oldham Athletic, players, staff and fans.

Otherwise it just sounds, well, American!

Edited by singe

Latics is more than one man, right...... :wink:

And Latics describes the team of Oldham Athletic, players, staff and fans.

Otherwise it just sounds, well, American!

True but without being a pedant you have hit your own nail on the head. Latics describes the team not teams ;)

True but without being a pedant you have hit your own nail on the head. Latics describes the team not teams ;)

So Blitz and Gazal were the chairmen of just the team who plays on the pitch?

Or all the staff who are employed by them?

To me...it still should be have.

Did they report "Latics has a new manager in Paul Dickov" or "Latics have a new manager in Paul Dickov"

Serious question Bob : Would you take the same stance if they weren't Jewish and from roughly the same place as you?

yes i would thank anyone who saved our club and they are not from israel , like me born in the uk , (me sunny rochdale :lol: ) simon b and danny gazal (the smoke ) now we need someone to come in as new directors (ones will lot of spare pocket money , over 50 million will do , and i hope they will help simon corney ,as he is one top man who cares about the club and its fans :chubb:

Did they report "Latics has a new manager in Paul Dickov" or "Latics have a new manager in Paul Dickov"

Latics is singular. Would you say "John have a new coat"?

He has.

They have.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ranting:

Latics is a club. A club is plural by definition.

Shouldn't that be Latics are a club, a Club is plural by dfinition to enphasise the plural? :grin:

But isn't a [singular] club a [singular] stick?

Edited by singe

Why comment then? Do you comment on all posts you think don't matter? Maybe I'll start doing the same.

"Latics chairman stands down" - but what we really want to know is - singular or plural.

Get over it. Stop wittering about irrelevance. Even an etymologist would be bored.

"Latics chairman stands down" - but what we really want to know is - singular or plural.

Get over it. Stop wittering about irrelevance. Even an etymologist would be bored.

Apologies, Nige. I didn't mean to offend you. I wasn't aware you were so highly strung. I'll take particular care to make sure I always post things as interesting as you in future.