Oldham v Burnley Match/Postmatch Thread - MERGE O MATIC ACTIVE

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where would jarrett fit in though?

we have Jones, Stephens, Furman, Worthy, Purdie, Mcgrath, Millar, Taylor, plus Lee and Holdsworth could play in midfield

waste of a wage IMO, unless he was dirt cheap

played centre half today and looked ok maybe he is doing a gregan and dropping back to that position

played centre half today and looked ok maybe he is doing a gregan and dropping back to that position

And gives you midfield cover if needed, because you can't see all of them being retained if Jarrett stays. It also gives the likes of McGrath & Millar the chance to develop outside of the first team.

Edited by Bristolatic

Really? His performance 'in the hole' against Huddersfield Town (?) a few seasons back was nothing short of magnificent. Nowt Greegs couldn't have mustered up mind.

Just got back from the match and i must say i was thoroughly impressed with how the team played in each half. The constant closing down of the burnley players was fantastic. I could already see that Dickov's commitment and sheer effort that he showed as a player is being passed on to his players and i like what i see. For 80 minutes or so i thought we outplayed them, especially in the first half and the trialist scored a great goal. It may only have been the first friendly i've watched but i already can't wait for the new season to kick off.

So those that went did any players seem to have made two steps up from last season?

based on one 45 minute performance very difficult to say but i thought ryan brooke had beefed up and wasnt frightened of sticking his foot in..

So those that went did any players seem to have made two steps up from last season?

Yes especially the youngsters, Brookey more firey, Millar (great speed and layoffs in the first half), Eaves back with it now that he has woken up since the Barrow game, Furman liked a run, Stephens solid, Alessandra some good runs in the box and Had a one on one with their rather staturesque goalie. Ruebs solid as usual, solid performance by lomax too, Brill looked up for it, Fleming great save but can we sort out the far post issues guys at corners please....GRRR

Worthy - thanks and goodbye

Abbot, same old, same old

Again no Mr Purdie (don't think he is match fit yet), no Colbeck on the team sheet either..hmmmm is he a gonner anyone?

Quite positive that we can string more than five passes together and have now found the back of the net in the last two games. Looking like we want to get into the box too.

Think the youngsters are going to be the Key

I am not counting the chickens yet, however, it was an entertaining game - something we are not use too

We played well in the 1st half with the team dont think brill will be number fleming number1 with taylor coming in aswell as smalley greagan and feeney (if true). Defence in second half was awful dont think jarret will get contract but the lad who played in first half at CB.

Yes especially the youngsters, Brookey more firey, Millar (great speed and layoffs in the first half), Eaves back with it now that he has woken up since the Barrow game, Furman liked a run, Stephens solid, Alessandra some good runs in the box and Had a one on one with their rather staturesque goalie. Ruebs solid as usual, solid performance by lomax too, Brill looked up for it, Fleming great save but can we sort out the far post issues guys at corners please....GRRR

Worthy - thanks and goodbye

Abbot, same old, same old

Again no Mr Purdie (don't think he is match fit yet), no Colbeck on the team sheet either..hmmmm is he a gonner anyone?

Quite positive that we can string more than five passes together and have now found the back of the net in the last two games. Looking like we want to get into the box too.

Think the youngsters are going to be the Key

I am not counting the chickens yet, however, it was an entertaining game - something we are not use too

cheers UD

Oh Dear, we appear to have upset the inbred's :lol:

I don't think i've ever witnessed a pre-season performance like that before. Oldham made holland look tame! There were some ridiculous tackles tonight and i urge everyone to keep a close eye on their discipline record this season.

If thats seriously how dickov wants his team to perform they won't finish a single game with 11 men.

He's defo the same guy he was as a player; quite remarkable. I can't see us asking to go back next season anyway!

Some shocking tackles, would not expect anything else from a side with that little **** in charge.

Second half from Oldham was waaaaaaaaaay over the top

Got to agree that Fox was lucky to stay on for his multiple over-reaction

Thats pretty bad. New manager, new regime, new signings and trialists. The first home friendly against a local Championship club who are playing a strongish team and we can only muster 1000.

I know I'm not there so it sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. But 1000 is lower than I expected.

Mate, summer holidays

Latics trialist Peter Jones did ok he from dublin ask i asked him and sad we lost today but all round we did ok we should not sign that histon player or that liverpool player there are simple :censored:e no matter what you think guys.

Brooke was in a flight with Danny Fox in the tunnell dickov had to step in.

Brill did well save a pen fleming should be no 1 he did save a a goal from a world class save

Edited by RoyleArmy