Worthy, Cobeck, Purdie and JJ can go...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worthy's second touch was a tackle so no surprise, as for JJ perhaps Williams will be coming after-all. Colbeck, well he was a bit like marmite wasn't he? And poor old Purdie but probably better for him to have a new start. I fully expect Kelvin to be shown the door too. However, it depends whether all three are actually wanted elewhere and it makes sense if PD has 'irons' in the fire.

Worthy's second touch was a tackle so no surprise, as for JJ perhaps Williams will be coming after-all. Colbeck, well he was a bit like marmite wasn't he? And poor old Purdie but probably better for him to have a new start. I fully expect Kelvin to be shown the door too. However, it depends whether all three are actually wanted elewhere and it makes sense if PD has 'irons' in the fire.

I rated JJ and I'm sorry to see him leave. Worthy and Colbeck not fussed either way.

I'm very sorry to see Rob leave. I've never hidden the fact that he and I got on very well and I'd have loved to see him get his fitness back and show what he's capable of. Hopefully his will be a loan deal to L2 where he gets his fitness back and comes in in the New Year and ears his place in the side.

Im a bit gutted that Jacobson is going, i thought he was a decent left back, the rest is fair enough

That Purdie's been a cracking signing! :wink:

Worthington I’m cool with leaving – I thought he was the odd man out as it was in the midfield. JJ is a surprise for me; PD must have faith in young Black or has someone lined up. Colbeck I guess could be expected I suppose, and honest hard worker but lacking in quality. Purdie I would guess would be fitness related; as in he wont get back to match fitness so cheerio?

BUT; making them available and them actually moving on are 2 completely different things……

I rated JJ and I'm sorry to see him leave. Worthy and Colbeck not fussed either way.

I'm very sorry to see Rob leave. I've never hidden the fact that he and I got on very well and I'd have loved to see him get his fitness back and show what he's capable of. Hopefully his will be a loan deal to L2 where he gets his fitness back and comes in in the New Year and ears his place in the side.

:wub::biker::biker::biker:

:wink:

was lookin forward to seein purdie this season after the good reviews he got from darlo fan's

The rest were crap, although i think JJ was a bit unlucky havin to run the whole left side on his own after havin no help at all from Taylor last season!

Colbeck and Worthy are crap. JJ is very mediocre and we can do better and Purdie might have been a good player but he's probably crocked again.

All are Penney signings and a what waste of 60k on Colbeck. I'm just glad to see that Furman isn't on the transfer list, when I saw the headline I thought he might have been.

Edited by PlayItLivo

so this leaves us with 5 defenders (and that's stretching the point) so I would suggest it's clearing the decks to bring at least one more in

I thought JJ was ok last year when I saw him and is a bit unlucky but maybe there is better available or at the club already. Purdie, well he is desperately unlucky but if he hasn't been playing then I can understand it. Worthington and Colbeck produced very little (at best) and we need people off the wage bill

Has Alan Sheehan found a club yet?

I would love him at left back, thought he was quality when we had him last season and may have impressed Dickov on the DVD's he has been watching and JJ being forced out could open the door for this.

Bye :applause1:

Agree with all of them... Worthy was worse than Kalala with his touch and passing. JJ just not good enough and Colbeck had the effort but dont recall a cross ever getting past the full back. Purdie - I guess Paul is not impressed with what he has seen in training.

Well done PD, hopefully they will find clubs now

I thought Jacobson was a very decent left-back so i'm a bit disappointed he's being shown the door. I'm also gutted for Purdie as he's had the worst possible luck and i would have liked to have seen him in a latics shirt after the praise he was given by darlo fans. The other two i'm not too fussed about though i do feel sorry for Colbeck as his effort couldn't be questioned and he was never really given a proper chance by either Penney or the fans.

I would love him at left back, thought he was quality when we had him last season and may have impressed Dickov on the DVD's he has been watching and JJ being forced out could open the door for this.

He's stil under contract at leeds and they want a fee for him! Thats why Swindon dint sign him.

Worthington, good riddance.

Purdie - would have been nice to see what he could do, but if PD feels he's seen enough of him not to warrant keeping then fair enough. It may even be that from what he's seen he'd prefer Deano or Tayls on the right, and for the money he's on (a comment here with no foundation other than that DP was very keen to have him and was probably on an OK though unspectacular wage), it wasn't worth keeping him.

JJ - decent player, not brilliant but steady. Good luck to him.

Colbeck - well whilst my adulation for him was a bit tongue-in-cheek (no, leeslover), I did rate him and it's a shame if he's on his way. That performance he put in at Wycombe before being inexplicably substituted was absolutely top class and it was a shame he wasn't able to really replicate it...those who were at Adams Park will know what I mean and those who weren't I'm sure think he's absolute bobbins. There's a decent player somewhere in there...DP saw it I guess to fork out that much money and those who were there on that mid-December afternoon saw it too.

Were probably an Alan Sheehan and Neal Trotman short of the playoffs. Trotman who is on the transfer list at Preston. We should try and get him in on loan. But yeah Sheehan would be a superb signing and it seemed he enjoyed his time here. We spent 60k on Colbeck ffs! Surely we can get Sheehan for such a minimal fee too.

Edited by PlayItLivo