Paul Dickov Fans Forum.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him and I do know he's for real and definitely not a wind-up merchant. He only posts what the players or club insiders tell him along with random late 90s Premier League links!

ah crap. feel like i missed out now. was playin footy.

maybe an owtb getting to know you night is needed. name badges and everythin, haha

ah crap. feel like i missed out now. was playin footy.

maybe an owtb getting to know you night is needed. name badges and everythin, haha

or an alternate one...no name badges but you have to guess what nom de plum they use on here.

Thanks guys for your thoughts

Damn miffed I missed it but it was a colleague's leaving bash so I had to go, highlight of my night literally - I set my hair on fire.

Candles are Bad in a bar...tut...no candles at BP please.

Back on subject, hope him and his team can turn it around in every way on and off the pitch. First two friendlies have been positive, sound signings too and some for the chaff has been/will be cut loose too.

Hope Taylor is up to the challenge as he got injured again last Sat after only 35mins on the pitch. Here's a hint Chris - stop running around all the pitch like a headless "lets do the the shimmy/dummy shuffle" chicken please. Even I know what your going to do when you get the ball. Surprise us and do something different

Here's to Sat away game - see you there

Good post am thinking off leaving the forum as there is things that have bugged me not with members other issues i hate to say this but i loved oldham till i die i hope there can be a big club soon.

Keep The Faith.

Good post am thinking off leaving the forum as there is things that have bugged me not with members other issues i hate to say this but i loved oldham till i die i hope there can be a big club soon.

Keep The Faith.

dont think too hard ;)

other points .Dickov indicated,when asked, we will be playing(or at least trying) 4-4-2 high tempo, high defensive line, early balls into wingers with emphasis on quality and early balls into strikers. Impressive how he mentioned over past two seasons leicester and last years leeds teams played in this shape/style and mentioned fryatt and beckford had been the main difference for them in terms of goals . Does he see abbott/feeney partnership providing the goals for us to be successful ??? or does he feel we need another front man budget permitting?? the atmosphere in that rooom tonight was first class and made me want to purchase a season ticket tommorow despite the fact i have a young child and work 2 out of 3 weekends. seems we are very close to bringing in a much neeeded centre halve. He said the main target was an improvement on last season and his personal target for our final position this upcoming season would be kept between him and taggart.

Not a bad word to say at all .

incase anyone is interested i was the good looking bloke who asked the 4th?? question on whether dickov still intends in mixing the roles of player and manager

Edited by GravityGrave

Loved it tonight! I felt so positive I almost cried (yes, I am contrary). Was very pleased to have my picture taken with dickov. I suspect he only agreed to it because I make him look tall :wink:.

He asked how I was. I said I felt very positive. He said he also felt very positive. He posed for pictures, and then he turned to me and said "it won't be through lack of trying". That'll do me.

So I am left with positive feelings. And, to be frank, a bit of a crush on the Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman on the panel tonight!

And who have you got to thank for persuading you to have a pic with him?? :wink:

Told you you can't be shy when opportunities come up like this.

Good pic too wasn't it?

I think Matt almost cried with excitement when he had his pic taken with Dickov too, haha!

They all left us feeling so high with optimism. So charismatic, charming and comical characters the both of them.

And so honest.......well Gerry was a lot of the time!! :grin:

They saved the best (fat Windass) question til last too, thanks to your Will for that!

I really believe we'll do well this season.

Roll on Tranmere.......we'll fill that end no problem!!

Bollocks.

I've been to the forums with Talbot, Moore and Sheridan. I miss the one that has a little beacon of hope.

I concur with the comments of oafcprozac and in particular to RoyleArmy. I am sticking my neck our here because I do not want to embarass or patronise him.

Life and people seem so cruel and I cannot start to understand why he is ridiculed so much. Perhaps, for whatever reason, he cannot get his grammar in order but why should that be a reason for people to be so unkind.

Rolye Army has been in my company and you would never meet a more well mannered person. He lives Oldham Athletic through andf through. He is respectful and gets quite upset at the bullying he gets from some quarters.

Come on folks lets treat him as we would like to be treated ourselves.

Barry

other points .Dickov indicated,when asked, we will be playing(or at least trying) 4-4-2 high tempo, high defensive line, early balls into wingers with emphasis on quality and early balls into strikers. Impressive how he mentioned over past two seasons leicester and last years leeds teams played in this shape/style and mentioned fryatt and beckford had been the main difference for them in terms of goals . Does he see abbott/feeney partnership providing the goals for us to be successful ??? or does he feel we need another front man budget permitting?? the atmosphere in that rooom tonight was first class and made me want to purchase a season ticket tommorow despite the fact i have a young child and work 2 out of 3 weekends. seems we are very close to bringing in a much neeeded centre halve. He said the main target was an improvement on last season and his personal target for our final position this upcoming season would be kept between him and taggart.

Not a bad word to say at all .

incase anyone is interested i was the good looking bloke who asked the 4th?? question on whether dickov still intends in mixing the roles of player and manager

Sound like a new player could be coing our way.

MAybe LW switching Taylor to right

I concur with the comments of oafcprozac and in particular to RoyleArmy. I am sticking my neck our here because I do not want to embarass or patronise him.

Life and people seem so cruel and I cannot start to understand why he is ridiculed so much. Perhaps, for whatever reason, he cannot get his grammar in order but why should that be a reason for people to be so unkind.

Rolye Army has been in my company and you would never meet a more well mannered person. He lives Oldham Athletic through andf through. He is respectful and gets quite upset at the bullying he gets from some quarters.

Come on folks lets treat him as we would like to be treated ourselves.

Barry

Well said Barry agreed with you what you said here and i was brought up to give manners in the right way and you know i love oldham till i die cheers am not here to cause problems for anyone atall.

Well said Barry agreed with you what you said here and i was brought up to give manners in the right way and you know i love oldham till i die cheers am not here to cause problems for anyone atall.

Sorry Royle Army