Poll: Do you miss Corporal Jones?

Corporal Jones  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss him?

• Yes
    • No, not at all.
    • Not mithered either way...
    • Never heard of him!

While responding to the Hallworth bankruptcy thread, I mentioned the "Corp" so I was wondering if anyone on here misses his contributions?

I'm guessing most people thought he was an extreme "doom and gloomer" but, as one of his "acolytes", I wondered if there was a "silent majority" who agreed with him - maybe not 100% but maybe on some issues, especially the move to Failsworth.

Anyway, what do you think - do you miss The Corp?

Edited by martjs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what actually happened to him?

Not sure - some thought he came back under a different user name

But I don't remember him leaving with a dramatic "exit" like some have on here - and subsequently have come back on! :lol:

Somebody obviously misses him.....what a wet poll !!

And yes, he did post very recently as Corporal Jones, and he also comes on here as GeorgeHarveyBonesmoker - any respect I had for him disappeared when he revealed himself as a multi. Just proved he was on the wind-up from the start...

Edited by Yard Dog

Somebody obviously misses him.....what a wet poll !!

And yes, he did post very recently as Corporal Jones, and he also comes on here as GeorgeHarveyBonesmoker - any respect I had for him disappeared when he revealed himself as a multi. Just proved he was on the wind-up from the start...

It's neck and neck now mate - I'm not the only wet one around here, eh? :lol:

I often agreed with a lot of what he had to say, especially in regards to the failsworth move. He did speak a lot of sense but got shot down by other members because it was mostly negative.

A lot of what he had to say ? He only had one thing to say and that was something along the lines of basically we are :censored:ed because we don't have a sugar daddy....genius !

A lot of what he had to say ? He only had one thing to say and that was something along the lines of basically we are :censored:ed because we don't have a sugar daddy....genius !

This

his whole raison d ete was "someone somewhere has hope for the future of OAFC and I must do something to stop that" mind you I put him on ignore so the only thing I ever saw was "you have chosen to ignore the posts of Corporal_Jones" which was slightly less repetitive than the crap he used to say.

He also didn't know anywhere near as much about the economics of football as he thought he did either.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I suspect one of the reasons he gave up posting was the eventual realisation that, try as he might, the majority of members on here are just too damn stupid to understand what he was trying to say.

A think a good lot of us understood perfectly well what he was saying...we just didn't agree with it.

Edited by Yard Dog

A think a good lot of us understood perfectly well what he was saying...we just didn't agree with it.

...and alot of us agreed with large parts of what he was saying, we just didn't like reading about it in threads about completely different subjects. 500,000,000 times a day.

It was dull to the extreme.

As a very occasional poster, for my part, CJ was one of those repetitive posters that turned me away. Not just that he was a doomer but that he never had a solution to offer and that any thread he popped up in turned to a "not a-bloody-gain" argument - add oafc0000 to the mix and I'm out of here everytime.

...and alot of us agreed with large parts of what he was saying, we just didn't like reading about it in threads about completely different subjects. 500,000,000 times a day.

It was dull to the extreme.

True dat.

As a very occasional poster, for my part, CJ was one of those repetitive posters that turned me away. Not just that he was a doomer but that he never had a solution to offer and that any thread he popped up in turned to a "not a-bloody-gain" argument - add oafc0000 to the mix and I'm out of here everytime.

You should post more often ! :grin:

Can i just ask why are we having a poll about if we miss a certain forum member ?

Would there be a poll if RoyalArmy went off here saying " oh i miss his pointless threads and such pathetic transfer stories"

doubt it.

Come on there must be something better out there to talk about.