Open Day Trainning Report

I added a clip off them trainning i will paste the link here and also i added a clip on the fans forum of dickov and who ever attend the open day please comment on here and add pictures of the day if you took anything cheers.

Not must fans turned up but it was great if you can see the clip it because it begin loaded up on YouTube :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVueOAR6pnI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phPRu5JNfLE

Cheers

RoyleArmy

Very good. On a side note Junaid Khan was certainly no :censored:ing soldier.

I think he might have done 2 years national service which is compulsory in Pakistan, don't know how good he was though. Were you his commanding officer?

He's a smashing little bowler anyway, he'd piss it in the CLL :grin:

Junaid Khan

I added a clip off them trainning i will paste the link here and also i added a clip on the fans forum of dickov and who ever attend the open day please comment on here and add pictures of the day if you took anything cheers.

Not must fans turned up but it was great if you can see the clip it because it begin loaded up on YouTube :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVueOAR6pnI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phPRu5JNfLE

Cheers

RoyleArmy

I'm glad you got out alive mate, Did you wear a trilby and a fake tash?

I went along for an hour or so.

Saw the lads play a high speed form of 'piggy in the middle'. Then a 7 aside match with players in their usual positions (as much as they could be). Then a few took pens. Keepers seemed to have a good workout too.

I know it's hard to judge but everyone looked pretty sharp and raring to go.

Ones that caught the eye for me were Dale Stephens and Richie Jones. The latter has a great strike on him. Brill also looks a bit more confident.

Can anyone tell me who the player was in the fluo top? Also is the thin, nippy black lad Bembo Lita?

Saw the lads play a high speed form of 'piggy in the middle'. Then a 7 aside match with players in their usual positions (as much as they could be). Then a few took pens. Keepers seemed to have a good workout too.

Ones that caught the eye for me were Dale Stephens and Richie Jones. The latter has a great strike on him. Brill also looks a bit more confident.

Can anyone tell me who the player was in the fluo top? Also is the thin, nippy black lad Bembo Lita?

Guy in the fluo top was Jarrett and yes it was Lita.

Jarrett Fluo Top and the other lad was indeed Bembo-Leta

How many turned up? cant imagine many, working and holidays etc.

Yeah only half the squad trained, i think I overheard Purdie was taking his mum for dinner, and I think a couple of others couldnt be arsed cos they went on the sesh last night

was anyone missing? did purdie, holdsworth, jacobson etc take part?

Holdsworth took part in a full session, Jacobson, Purdie and Gregan appeared with Robophysio and did some light work over the far end

Taylor was nowhere to be seen, unless he was otherwise engaged surely he could have signed a few autographs????

Smalley appeared right at the death

A couple of hundred fans or so, the kids (especially my two) enjoyed it - had faces painted, balloon modeller etc... Good on the club for trying to make inroads, and they even had the nowse to sell a few balls for signing. And my daughter who was in full kit and face painted will be in the chron Monday and the advertiser next week after Gordy took her photo.

Edited by oafcprozac

Holdsworth took part in a full session, Jacobson, Purdie and Gregan appeared with Robophysio and did some light work over the far end

Taylor was nowhere to be seen, unless he was otherwise engaged surely he could have signed a few autographs????

Smalley appeared right at the death

A couple of hundred fans or so, the kids (especially my two) enjoyed it - had faces painted, balloon modeller etc... Good on the club for trying to make inroads, and they even had the nowse to sell a few balls for signing. And my daughter who was in full kit and face painted will be in the chron Monday and the advertiser next week after Gordy took her photo.

That's what he told you...

trainning with oldham fc view to joinning and he is a very good player remember his spell with us thought shez would have signed him up he rates him very must thought he would join chesterfield

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

must = many

Yeah only half the squad trained, i think I overheard Purdie was taking his mum for dinner, and I think a couple of others couldnt be arsed cos they went on the sesh last night

Purdie was having pics taken with kids.

One kid asked "Have I seen you before?" to which he replied "no-one's ever seen me here"

made me chuckle. :grin:

If Ritchie Jones is as good at 11 a side as he is at 7 a side we've finally got a goalscoring midfielder again. :grin:

Finished with "aplomb" 3 times in as many minutes.

Only a training game but everyone else was firing high, wide and not so handsome. He looked quality.

Eaves looked the business too I thought. A big lad with a real touch of class.

Why was Jarrett wearing the fluo yellow top with "NIGHT MARE" on the back? Obviously it gets passed around game to game but where did he have his "nightmare"?

What struck me also was - imagine if that was your job???

The kickabout, 7 a side and 1 touch/2 touch games they were playing were what I did as a kid for hours on end, day in day out. All that was missing was headers & volleys/ 007 :lol:

Getting paid for that :shock: Most of them don't get it, do they :unsure:

The kickabout, 7 a side and 1 touch/2 touch games they were playing were what I did as a kid for hours on end, day in day out. All that was missing was headers & volleys/ 007 :lol:

now that brings back some memories. what a game that was.

and just think our lot get paid peanuts for doing it compared to some in the prem. jut imagine 100k a week for a game of heads and volleys with scholes giggs and rooney!

If Ritchie Jones is as good at 11 a side as he is at 7 a side we've finally got a goalscoring midfielder again. :grin:

Finished with "aplomb" 3 times in as many minutes.

Only a training game but everyone else was firing high, wide and not so handsome. He looked quality.

Eaves looked the business too I thought. A big lad with a real touch of class.

Why was Jarrett wearing the fluo yellow top with "NIGHT MARE" on the back? Obviously it gets passed around game to game but where did he have his "nightmare"?

Possibly previous training session!

We had a game called 'West Ham' which was probably just Headers and Volleys. Keeper started on 7/8, everyone else started on 6. You went in the net if you missed, scored an illegal goal or the keeper caught your header. Headers were 2 pts IIRC.

007 - I definitely played that but can't remember anything about it other than the name...was it the game where you had to score so many headers/volleys in 60sec, then went down to 50 sec, 40 secs etc etc ??

Purdie was having pics taken with kids.

One kid asked "Have I seen you before?" to which he replied "no-one's ever seen me here"

made me chuckle. :grin:

Id chuckle to played no games but picked up 60 k , cheers..