New Playershare Scheme

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I've decided it's best for me personally to join at christmas, as a present for my son (plus a new shirt!).

Would it be an idea to have a big push around Christmas time?

Maybe others will find it easier to justify then perhaps

Cheers

Put it this way. I know how to spell it ^_^

I have recently set up a standing order and wrote to Trust Oldham on the 13th Aug but have not heard anything. It would have been nice for an acknowledgment. I am already having the first feelings that perhaps after the early noise from Barry the whole scheme has nosedived. Or am I wrong?

I have recently set up a standing order and wrote to Trust Oldham on the 13th Aug but have not heard anything. It would have been nice for an acknowledgment. I am already having the first feelings that perhaps after the early noise from Barry the whole scheme has nosedived. Or am I wrong?

Very, it has gone from strength to strength. Got another £1000 donation from a dubai based fan taking the total raised to over 6k

And re when you set the standing order up, PM wardlelatic and he will get it sorted.

I sent an email to the address in the PDF Leaflet and had an acknowledgement.

I haven't asked about how it would secure me membership of the Trust though.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a member of the original Starline Scheme we had at the club which was fairly popular in the first couple of years. And I will be looking to join this scheme shortly, I just need to sort a couple of things out with my finances in the first instance.

However, I have some ideas/suggestions for raising funds in addition to this scheme which may be worth considering:

Car Boot Sales - Latics used to run these fairly regularly on the car park a few years back. I'd imagine the club would let the Trust use the car park, charge say a £5 a car / £10 a van. All funds going to Playershare.

The Trust could then have a stall themselves, promoting Playershare, selling Trust memberships etc as well as any items fans may wish to donate to the Trust to be sold at the car boot sale. All profits going straight to Playershare funds.

Quiz nights / Player Q&A sessions in a local pub. Entrance fee payable either on the door or per team entered.

Corporate Playershare - Not sure if the club still does this but at one time all parts of a players kit could be sponsored. If this is not done any longer, companies could be invited to sponsor an individual players shirt/shorts/socks etc or the whole kit for a set price. All funds going to Playershare less a deduction to cover the costs of advertising the company sponsorship in the program.

"Strike It Lucky" - Relaunch the scheme with all of the profits being split 50/50 between the club & Playershare funds.

We are currently formulating ideas for the new scheme which will allow us to save funds that will help Paul Dickov in his quest to improve his squad. If we can help in some small way towards wages or a loan signing it would be great. We acknowledge those few members who joined the scheme the last time around and hope for their continued support.

Circumstances have changed a great deal since we last appealed to fans and I am hopeful that those who are able will join us.

I am currently looking at a scheme that will cost £1 per week with an incentive to join. As with season tickets we are looking to offer a season ticket when we have reached a particular target point with membership.

We are also looking at a monthly prize, not particularly cash, but something worthwhile. I would hope thast by January we would have sufficient funds to help the manager .

Things are fairly flexible at the moment and I have started the thread to give everyone the chance to come forward with any ideas we can consider.

Hope you can help.

Barry

Hi Barry

For those of us who live in exile, who may no longer hold a U.K bank account to transfer money from, to the schemes account.

Is there any chance you could look into setting up a paypal account against this scheme or something similar? That would make it a lot easier to contribute.

Other wise its the long winded wire transfer route and for that I would need to know the IBAN number, SWIFT code and address of the account.....ect.

Hi Barry

For those of us who live in exile, who may no longer hold a U.K bank account to transfer money from, to the schemes account.

Is there any chance you could look into setting up a paypal account against this scheme or something similar? That would make it a lot easier to contribute.

Other wise its the long winded wire transfer route and for that I would need to know the IBAN number, SWIFT code and address of the account.....ect.

there is a paypal option trustoldham2004@googlemail.com

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31674&st=0 for the page so you know im not conning you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The people concerned know my views on fans helping to do a boards job (supply money for a new player), but I'm going against my judgement now and, when I get my Xmas debts settled, I will contribute to this scheme. The reason is I don't think we're that far off a decent team and if my 20-30 pound helps draft someone in with that extra bit of quality then it's worth it.

The people concerned know my views on fans helping to do a boards job (supply money for a new player), but I'm going against my judgement now and, when I get my Xmas debts settled, I will contribute to this scheme. The reason is I don't think we're that far off a decent team and if my 20-30 pound helps draft someone in with that extra bit of quality then it's worth it.

We're not.

If somebody wants to buy a nice Ford Focus I'll throw a bit more at it too :wink: .

Edited by opinions4u

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Barry,

I would like to see a members newsletter not sure if one exists?

Just a brief communication every quarter with the fund amount for example, would give an insight in to how the scheme is progressing.

Hi,

I know you've addressed this to Barry but I hope you don't mind me picking it up.

We do try to do a monthly update on the Trust website:

www.trustoldham.co.uk

I'm not keen on doing a paper newsletter that would require printing & posting (and therefore cost) because we want every penny collected to go towards the team but I'll happily do a quarterly email, if that will suffice, as well as continuing to do the updates on the Trust website.

Cheers

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Barry, I would definitely join without hesitation. It appears to be a good way to get fans interested in Latics again, as they would feel more part of the club and especially if the players bought,with this assistance helped us back to where we at least should be, and that's in the Championship.

Steve.