Our performance tonight against Bolton.

Very impressed tonight. I know its only a friendly but the attitude was too notch for the full game and we have players that look good with the ball. Think stephens is gonna be our best player this season, looks so comfortable on the ball. Furman worked his bollocks off tonight.

everyone worked their socks off

PD very impressed with the improvement and standard being set by the players and not him or GT

superb again tonight even better than wigan game.

It isnt rocket sience though. Ive always said, teams like scunthorpe have one maybe two players you could name as standouts and rest are all wokers, they all work as a team for 90mins and that is how they got out of our league and have managed to survive in the championship.

We do have some very promising players and all the players in that team tonight can pass and play football with skill in their own way.

They have noe been given license to attack and do what they want as a team attacking wise within reason, unlike 'fullbacks dont cross the halfway line a point is better than none penney'

Furman was always a promising player, ruined by DP

Stephens looks a class above, reminds me of shez we he used to hold and then jog a little and pass around the pitch.

Very promising.

Dont fear anyone in the league. Apart from maybe southampton, hudders, sheff weds and possibly peterborough i think the rest are all like for like in many respects.

If PD can shift out the transfer listed players, keep eaves, get a couple of extra loans in to cover the squad and get taylor and smalley back firing then top 10 certainly, dare i say it playoffs..................

and we'd know they'd give it their all.

Close down in this league and add that to a bit of skill and you get promotion.....................................

KTF

Les Parry was in the directors box tonight and left after 70mins - ill bet he's :censored:ting himself..!

IN PD WE TRUST!

I missed tonight. How did jones do?

looked very comfy on the ball, good to see a player like that on the books.

injured at end (precaution i think)

will work exceptionally with the impressive lee imo

Lots of comments about people getting carried away. I have seen and heard enough of this pre-season to think there is a chance we could do very well this coming season.

I choose getting carried away.

Just as last season I chose to back the manager and the players, giving me a more positive experience than people whose sole reason to go was to pick holes in everything to do with Latics.

Oh, and Jarrett has looked OK, but a fully fit Gregan will walk straight back into the side. And so he should.

Lets say Gregan is out for 6 games , and we say keep 6 clean sheets, it wouldnt be fair for Gregan to walk straight back in would it?

No matter how good he was last season no one demands a first team place

Edited by razza699

Its amazing how much time Kevin Fat Davies spends on the floor,

Was great to see the ref say to Coyle "Take him off before he gets himself in trouble" after the last of his series of bad tackles. Two minutes later he was walking up the steps to a torrent of insults and abuse.

I went last night and we were brilliant for the full 90. Eaves and Brooke were great as a pairing and you can see they both have a good understanding of each others game and made the Bolton giants at the back look crap.

Jarrett was awsome tonight one slip up in the whole game and marking and keeping quiet Kevin Davies who Ive always liked as a player.

Midfield again were brilliant and Furman looks a new signing, I was worried him and Stephens would be bullied off the ball as they were last season but they played their way through Bolton nothing fancy just pass and move.

Lewis and Ritchie both out of position put in a good shift and did well. Why did Penney not play Lewis????????

The biggest difference for me is the closing down, workrate and the simple pass and move mentallity, Maybe a factor in why PD is unwilling to play Abbott. Both our young strikers never gave up a lost cause and we almost took the ball off Jaskelinen in the corner. Abbott never does that.

Am i getting over excited, why not 3-0 against Bolton! oh yes! Bring on the Trannies!

Lots of comments about people getting carried away. I have seen and heard enough of this pre-season to think there is a chance we could do very well this coming season.

I choose getting carried away. Just as last season I chose to back the manager and the players, giving me a more positive experience than people whose sole reason to go was to pick holes in everything to do with Latics.

same here.

i've never been able to fathom why so many of our fans use supporting a football club as a platform for unconditional misery