Our performance tonight against Bolton.

Brilliant. Absolute class against a 1st team Bolton side. Everybody worked for each other and eavesy had cahill all over the place. Bolton were very physical and very dirty. Anyway, i enjoyed that alot. What y'guys think? :lol::grin: 315 bolton fans :lol:

Edited by ah_oafc

great team performance tonight, don't think anyone really stood out tonight individually (eaves hat trick apart)

worked for each other and kept the ball well

if we start the season like this, we will win far more than we will lose.

gregan and taylor will have to really work to get into the team if it carries on and that is good to see.

really looking forward to tranmere on the first day, in fact really looking forward to preston at weekend because the 3 home friendlys so far are better than anything at boundary park last season

great team performance tonight, don't think anyone really stood out tonight individually (eaves hat trick apart)

worked for each other and kept the ball well

if we start the season like this, we will win far more than we will lose.

gregan and taylor will have to really work to get into the team if it carries on and that is good to see.

really looking forward to tranmere on the first day, in fact really looking forward to preston at weekend because the 3 home friendlys so far are better than anything at boundary park last season

Me and my dad were saying that today. Gregan's going to find it very hard to break through.

Me and my dad were saying that today. Gregan's going to find it very hard to break through.

I admit it was based on one 5 second clip... but was it not Jarrett stood faffing that forced Brill into his good save?

Bloomin eck...we got a glowing report from Owen Coyle who said more or less that we should be playing in a higher division!!!!!

Am I dreaming??????

Could we be up for a top 10 finish?

Yet I thought we played better and with a winger last week.

Please someone get hold of my ankles as I am in danger of floating out into the atmosphere with expectation.

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon......"

now where's my drink...whoop!!!!

Bring on Tranmere.....be afraid, be very afraid..

Get yourself down to BP on sat its going to be interesting

Owen Coyle - "Certainly look above league one I've got to say"

Gutted I didn't go, will use the free ticket for Preston

He's not exactly going to say "they're crap" is he, seeing as we just bossed his side about!

£5 on Bolton to drop if I were a betting man.

I admit it was based on one 5 second clip... but was it not Jarrett stood faffing that forced Brill into his good save?

Aww Ackey, JJ had a good game again and he was not faffing, he was holding to strikers off while he was trying to let the ball run out.

I like the guy, glad we signed him. Gregan is going to find it tough to get back in the squad

It's very easy to read too much into that tonight.

We were impressive. And beating a full strength premier league side is impressive.

But, we are a week ahead of them in terms of getting ready for the season (they start the week after) and sometimes in friendlies, teams just dont try enough. It can be just about getting fitter. Remember, Orient beat Newcastle 6-1 last pre-season.

My hopes (top half)/expectations (lower half but safety) for the season haven't changed after that, and what I expect of Bolton hasn't either (lower half of table but safe).

By the way... how dirty were they?!

Nice performance and result. Hope they can produce this when the competition gets tougher. Tranmere will be a lot tougher than Bolton were tonight. Hazell sounded like an absolute rock out there tonight, we fought for the ball which created each chance for Eaves to score.

This pre-season is much better than last season but there is still a long way to go. Not enough quality in the side, lacking wide players right now.

We were impressive. And beating a full strength premier league side is impressive.

But, we are a week ahead of them in terms of getting ready for the season (they start the week after) and sometimes in friendlies, teams just dont try enough. It can be just about getting fitter. Remember, Orient beat Newcastle 6-1 last pre-season.

My hopes (top half)/expectations (lower half but safety) for the season haven't changed after that, and what I expect of Bolton hasn't either (lower half of table but safe).

Agree with that. After seeing the friendlies so far at home, and if we play as we have against half/majority of the division, i certainly feel we can comfortably avoid relegation and achieve mid table. Not going to get too carried away though. Who knows at some point we may threaten a play-off spot briefly but i expect us to fade away if we do, as factoring in inevitable injuries and suspensions this will obviously deplete the side. I can see us picking up a fair few bookings/one or two more sending offs than usual this year. There's been a few occasions over the friendlies were some tasty fouls have been commited and gone unpunished. Maybe it's the players knowing they are unlikely to get booked in a friendly and thus commiting such challeneges but still think we'll have more than our fair share of bookings and sending offs this year due to our style of play.

One thing i'm taking away from these games though and something that you can definitely take out of these pre season games is that the players seem to be putting a shift in and attempting to play football. Actually looking forward to games now!

Edited by Oafc88

Good point, Alot of people fancied them early doors.

I have a feeling with the attitude of this team a good cup run is in the cards this season.

3-0 up in the 85th minute of a friendly match and the players showed more effort closing down the opposition than I saw for the majority of last season.

For me, that's the talking point of the match, not 3 tap-ins from an overrated youth player! :wink:

Edited by JohnnyPimp

great performance by Eaves, was a handful against a £20 million rated defender, took his goals well, especially the first one

overall the team performance was excellent and a well deserved review from owen coyle

happy days ahead, we will easily finish in the top ten, and hopefully can push on for playoff place

Fantastic performance tonight, really enjoyed it. Biggest standing ovation the players have had coming off the pitch for at least 12 months.

Jarrett impressed but I'd say Gregan would be the 1st name on the team sheet when fit, he single handedly kept us up last season.

Very impressed tonight. I know its only a friendly but the attitude was too notch for the full game and we have players that look good with the ball. Think stephens is gonna be our best player this season, looks so comfortable on the ball. Furman worked his bollocks off tonight.