JPT Trophy

Have not been awarded bye to next round draw on 14 of August teams with byes are Bradford City, Burton Albion, Bury, Carlisle United, Crewe Alexandra, Huddersfield Town, Peterborough United and Stockport County teams without us the north west section Accrington Stanley, Macclesfield Town, Morecambe, Oldham Athletic, Port Vale, Rochdale, Shrewsbury Town and Tranmere Rovers

i would fancy Morecambe away to see there new stadium

I still think it would be good for the club to set its stall out to win this trophy.

In the great scheme of things I realise that it means little, but a day out at Wembley would be good for fans and players alike and help restore some belief in to all things Oldham Athletic.

I still think it would be good for the club to set its stall out to win this trophy.

In the great scheme of things I realise that it means little, but a day out at Wembley would be good for fans and players alike and help restore some belief in to all things Oldham Athletic.

I agree dude. A good cup run and a trip to wembley would do the club so much good and get back the fans we've lost.

I agree, it would be a brilliant day out for the fans. Think southampton took 45,000 last year. What do you think we would take if we got there. I'd say around 25-30,000

I agree, it would be a brilliant day out for the fans. Think southampton took 45,000 last year. What do you think we would take if we got there. I'd say around 2,500-3,000

Slight typo there, so I corrected :wink:

Edited by singe

Slight typo there, so I corrected :wink:

prob more like it. lol. I do think we would take quite a few tho. out my group of mates there is 3 that go to games but about 7 are latics fans and then a think a few city and utd mates would come for the day out and i think a lot of fans would take the wife and kids for the day out. they all come out the woodwork for a big game.

+1 on that.

I know it’s bounded about that the club loses money on these Tuesday night games; and that a lot of fans don’t bother with them – but I’m with you; I think for a club like us; it should be a realistic target to get some exposure and some silver-wear into the club. It’s not like we’re ever going to win the Carling Cup or F.A Cup is it? But we could conceivably go all the way in this competition.

A winning mentality is something to keep onto; wins in the early rounds in this competition will breed confidence – and if we get further up & into the quarters, semi finals and northern final; then surely attendances for those games would increase as people would want to come and watch the team trying to reach the final???

I think we should give it right good go this season and see what happens – nothing ventured; nothing gained and all that?

Paul Dickov has stated that our strongest side will be put out for every 1st team game, and that he would love to to take Latics fans back to Wembley in his 1st season as a manager.

clubs moan about making a loss in this completion but if you get to the final 4 then you make a profit.

so why not go out and try to win the bloody thing?

its only 2 games to get to that stage isn't it?

clubs moan about making a loss in this completion but if you get to the final 4 then you make a profit.

so why not go out and try to win the bloody thing?

its only 2 games to get to that stage isn't it?

Round 1 - 32 teams (16 byed)

Round 2 - 32 teams

Round 3 - 16 teams

Regional Semi - 8 teams

Regional Final (2 legs) - 4 teams

Grand Final - 2 teams

So 6 games away from Wembley.

Who do we have to beat to go to Wembley- Hudds and Sheff Wed, and I can't see either of them putting out their strongest team.

Then the likes of Carlisle, the Trannies, Hartlepool and probably Notts County and Walsall as well. All of which are roughly the same level as us.

Everyone else is League 2 and we should be beating them.

We have been in this competition for getting on 15 years and never got to Wembley in it, despite being one of the better teams in it- especially given the format, which is frankly poor.

OK you loose money until you get to the last 4 but getting to the final would probably come close to covering our losses for the season.