Eaves to Bolton

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems the dreams of transparency went the same way of that 3% they bought with our money... but hey ho... we are just the fans...

I people wonder why I wont give them my money :D

Yes, but it was stupid and unrealistic thing to promise in the first place.

As I know you knwo, any private business will work hard to keep its business affairs private. In partuclar one where that information could mean paying over the odds for something.

Yes, but it was stupid and unrealistic thing to promise in the first place.

As I know you knwo, any private business will work hard to keep its business affairs private. In partuclar one where that information could mean paying over the odds for something.

Its a crock of :censored: really isn't though... It always comes out how much people went for and usually within days or weeks...

It seems to me simply just a way to take the heat of people... Why are you spending x... Why are we only getting x... That is the way it feels anyway...

The way I see it if Eaves had fought his way into the first team and was genuine starter we would have held out for more. But he hadn't, so it would have been a gamble holding onto him, he may not have continued to progress, if he couldn't break into the team or score any goals, no one would be interested in paying anything for him.

Look at Taylor, when he was on form, we haven't sold him for peanuts we kept onto him. You may argue that Eardley was sold for not very much, but there was no way he would have signed a new contract and most vociferous fans wanted him gone because he was ":censored:e".

Lets wait and see how Eaves progresses before passing judgement on the deal! We got it right with Spencer to Everton. Somehow I can't see Eaves preventing Klasnic, Elmander and Davies from getting a game.

If as Trust members have a stake in the club and a member on the board do they (trust members) not have a right to know how much the transfer is?

to what end??

"ooh, that's good money for an unproven kid"

or

"is that all?? scandalous, don't know what they're doing, shafted again etc..."

if it's the latter, what are they going to do about it?? nothing

i'm sure there was an amount at which the club decided it made sense to accept offer for him and I'm sure they'll have got that amount.

whether it seems "enough" to us plebs doesn't really matter - we're not running or financing the club. thank god.

Edited by HarryBosch

The way I see it if Eaves had fought his way into the first team and was genuine starter we would have held out for more. But he hadn't, so it would have been a gamble holding onto him, he may not have continued to progress, if he couldn't break into the team or score any goals, no one would be interested in paying anything for him.

Look at Taylor, when he was on form, we haven't sold him for peanuts we kept onto him. You may argue that Eardley was sold for not very much, but there was no way he would have signed a new contract and most vociferous fans wanted him gone because he was ":censored:e".

Lets wait and see how Eaves progresses before passing judgement on the deal! We got it right with Spencer to Everton. Somehow I can't see Eaves preventing Klasnic, Elmander and Davies from getting a game.

the bottom line is that however much money we've got for him we've got on the back of 3 goals in a practice match.

have we sold anyone who went on to great things since Irwin??

i don't think so, therefore, I doubt it will be any different with Eaves.

that said, good luck to the lad.

Yup, plus the shed load i dumped into those buckets...

Must be nearly time to mention Wilf Mannnion, if we are going so far back.

Some us gave more than just the money, some of actually took out time standing there collecting having made not an insignificant amount of time travelling too.

But you don't hear that all the time.

Must be nearly time to mention Wilf Mannnion, if we are going so far back.

Some us gave more than just the money, some of actually took out time standing there collecting having made not an insignificant amount of time travelling too.

But you don't hear that all the time.

Yes some of us did....

It's quite easy, if you burn the shed down first.

Masked Owl - is it really so difficult for you to understand? Early in this thread you did EXACTLY what I described. :lol:

my mistake was I thought he had agreed with what you said I should really read more

It's quite easy, if you burn the shed down first.

Masked Owl - is it really so difficult for you to understand? Early in this thread you did EXACTLY what I described. :lol:

yeah, and i disagreed with you following on from what oafc0000 had said. so what...