Steve Claridge - Partial NSFW

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're all wrong.

A new low in tv football punditry was achieved by ITV in the World Cup and (unbelievably) since, with Chris Coleman. I never believed anyone could be that much worse than Jim Beglin.

I'm also more than a little relieved that Joe Royle seems to have packed it in. He was rubbish, bless him.

Good pundits = Jim Beglin, Garth Crookes, Andy Gray, Andy Townsend.

Eh? What? Seriously? They're all morons!

The only one who's got half a bloody clue is Hansen. He deserves even more credit for having to put up with Shearer and Dixon.

David Pleat talks a lot of sense IMO if you actually listen to what he says and not his mispronunciation of names! He actually offers some insight into the game rather than talking in football clichés

I love the little nutter, but he does talk a lot of balls.

He still uses the phrase "inside right" for gods sake!!

David Pleat is head and shoulders the worst pundit to have ever graced national television.

I remember David Pleat commenting on a match and stating the following "This player literally has no left foot". He must have kicked the ball with the soggy end I suppose?

The only half decent pundit is Lee Dixon, at least he offers some sort of analysis instead of the other mugs. Hansen, 'Pace, power, brilliant' or 'terrible', that's all he says, how do you get paid for that :censored:!? Same goes for Shearer, hasn't got a clue defensively and often says the complete opposite of what he should be saying, then when analyising attacking play 'pace, power........', rubbish.

Dixon's the worst of the bunch for me. He talks endless nonsense, and always tries to chuck a big word in there (which he'll repeat at least three times throughout his stint) to appear knowledgeable, when he's actually a complete gob:censored:e.

The only half decent pundit is Lee Dixon, at least he offers some sort of analysis instead of the other mugs. Hansen, 'Pace, power, brilliant' or 'terrible', that's all he says, how do you get paid for that :censored:!? Same goes for Shearer, hasn't got a clue defensively and often says the complete opposite of what he should be saying, then when analyising attacking play 'pace, power........', rubbish.

You see i like Shearer, its Hansen that i can't bloody stand, he's such a tosser. Also like Lineker even though he's just the presenter.

With Alan Hansen I'm beginning to think there's a generation thing going on. Those of us who are old enough to remember him as the best centre half in the country maybe have a little more respect for what he has to say - in short he's earned the right to come across as a tad arrogant.

Probably somewhat controversially, I happen to think Robbie Savage has a bright future as a pundit. As has Phil Neville.

My favourite current pundit is on Radio 5, and probably another controversial choice for those who can't get past his failure with England - Graham Taylor.

With Alan Hansen I'm beginning to think there's a generation thing going on. Those of us who are old enough to remember him as the best centre half in the country maybe have a little more respect for what he has to say - in short he's earned the right to come across as a tad arrogant.

Probably somewhat controversially, I happen to think Robbie Savage has a bright future as a pundit. As has Phil Neville.

My favourite current pundit is on Radio 5, and probably another controversial choice for those who can't get past his failure with England - Graham Taylor.

I was laughing at Robbie Savage arguing with callers on Five Live while I was on the coach home on Sat, he was furious with West Ham fans who thought it was acceptable to boo Carlton Cole and eventually got fed up and said "you don't half get some knobheads on this show"

I wouldn't mind seeing him on Match of the Day on a regular basis.

Garth Crooks - state the obvious and look so smug about it.

I was in work on Saturday, but was able to watch the BBC show online. Crooks was calling, the ref at the arsenal game "a clown" for sending Evatt off. He was shouting and screaming at mark bright when Bright said "he has to send him off". I couldn't believe what I was watching. The ref was a clown and a "joke of a man" apparently.... No crooks. You are the clown.

The problem with Hansen is that he could be a quality pundit, if only he could be bothered. He does hardly any research and just seems to think that slagging off defending is enough.

Alan Shearer is horrendous. I have always been a big fan of Big Al, but his football knowledge for someone who played at the top level for so long is abysmal.

Bright, Coleman, Pleat, Beglin are all shockingly bad.

The best two pundits are Paul Merson (talks utter b***ocks at times, but just says what he thinks) and Graeme Souness. Souness is quality. He just says what he thinks, doesn't mind if he upsets anyone, and usually he is talking sense.

Andy Gray does my head in. Even tonight, before the match he showed how Liverpool would line up and discussed the change in formation to a clear 4-4-2 under Hodgson. Fair enough, but this was followed by 'Roy will play 4-4-2, but if they lose a few games, then he might change it', and Richard Keys nodding along as if it was some sort of divine revelation.

At half time too he talked about how Milner never stopped moving for the goal, conveniently ignoring the fact that he was pretty much stationary for three or four seconds before the ball was played through to him, whilst Skrtel just stood there pointing. Still, why let facts get in the way if you've got nothing else to say?

David Pleat talks a lot of sense IMO if you actually listen to what he says and not his mispronunciation of names! He actually offers some insight into the game rather than talking in football clichés

I once heard him say "he's a cracking inside left". Didn't that position die out in the 60's?

My other gripe with him is that he always refers to Man Untd, as "Manchester". No you moron, there are 2 teams in Manchester..............and if we move to Failsworth, you can make that 3 :wink: !!!