I wish i was at lords tomorrow

I would probably get arrested for the abuse they would get but it would be satisfying..This is a emotional report but i find it hard to disagree with any of it. One of the other sports i love as had shame brought to it again and not for the first time or i am certain will be the last its the pakistan cricket team thats done it...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/9247...hood-dream.html

Edited by shaw_blue

I would probabyt get arrested for the abuse they would get but it would be satisfying..This is a emotional report but i find it hard to disagree with any of it. One of the other sports i love as had shame brought to it again and not for the first time or i am certain will be the last its the pakistan cricket team thats done it...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/9247...hood-dream.html

I think the comment after the article sums up my thoughts on it.

I think the comment after the article sums up my thoughts on it.

If i am paying to watch top level sport i want to be sure what i am watching is genuine, if there is doubt i wouldnt bother i am certain many others feel the same, long been of the opinion in match betting of this type should be banned its open to far too much abuse..

Ridiculous sensationalist nonsense.

Yes those involved should be banned for life. But it doesn't discredit Broad's innings because three no balls were bowled on purpose.

I like the line from the start of the actual news article:

In the most sensational sporting scandal ever, bowlers Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif delivered THREE blatant no-balls to order.

Really? The most sensational sporting scandal ever? Give over.

Ridiculous sensationalist nonsense.

Yes those involved should be banned for life. But it doesn't discredit Broad's innings because three no balls were bowled on purpose.

I like the line from the start of the actual news article:

Really? The most sensational sporting scandal ever? Give over.

+a very large number. 3 no balls being bowled on purpose doesn't mean anything other than 3 no balls being bowled on purpose. It doesn't mean that Pakistan were fixing the game, it doesn't discredit the best 8th wicket partnership of all time (plus a load of other records and some personal moments involving the Broad family).

All 3 no bowls does is add 3 more runs to the other teams total and make the bowling team bowl 3 more balls. I remember when Paul Kitson deliberately kicked the ball into touch for a throw-in from kick-off, he wasn't subtle and I think he owned up to doing it on purpose for a betting fix- he wasn't banned in fact I don't think he was punished for it.

If they can prove match-fixing to their standards then Yes ban them for life, if all they can prove is 2 Pakistani bowlers bowled no balls on purpose then more fool anyone who lost money on something ridiculous, especially if they are bookies.

+a very large number. 3 no balls being bowled on purpose doesn't mean anything other than 3 no balls being bowled on purpose. It doesn't mean that Pakistan were fixing the game, it doesn't discredit the best 8th wicket partnership of all time (plus a load of other records and some personal moments involving the Broad family).

All 3 no bowls does is add 3 more runs to the other teams total and make the bowling team bowl 3 more balls. I remember when Paul Kitson deliberately kicked the ball into touch for a throw-in from kick-off, he wasn't subtle and I think he owned up to doing it on purpose for a betting fix- he wasn't banned in fact I don't think he was punished for it.

If they can prove match-fixing to their standards then Yes ban them for life, if all they can prove is 2 Pakistani bowlers bowled no balls on purpose then more fool anyone who lost money on something ridiculous, especially if they are bookies.

Agree entirely.

yea not quite the biggest scandel ever if its just no balls doesnt really affect the outcome of the game, much like le tiss and co and their spread betting experiment! but still quite a bit of a blow and very bad PR for the game

It won't just be no balls though, will it?

Time will show whether or not it includes things like:

Method of next dismissal (never have I seen a team drop so many catches)

Next man out (some of the Pakistani decesions on when to use/not use the Hawkeye technology have been strange)

Number of overthrows (I've never seen so many in a test series, nearly all from Pakistan)

Time of next wicket (Butt's captaincy may have been poor, or it may have been corrupt, but on more than one occasion this series he has let England off the hook)

Now I'm prepared to put some of the collapses seen in the series to overhead conditions, and the same can be said with the extraordinary Trott / Broad stand. But when one side is (allegedly) deliberately scoring runs for the other side I think it's reaosnable to assume there's going to be a wider range of spreads involved than just no-balls.

It doesn't make my trip to see the ODI at Durham in two weeks seem quite as exciting as it did yesterday morning.

The sporting aspect is completely undermined.

Edited by opinions4u

All involved should be banned for life. It's an absolute disgrace.

i agree

yet its rumours, and news of the world isnt really reliable is it

but all the same i am disgusted with this, i fell out of love with the national team cricket a year or 2 ago, this just makes me hate the national team more

they should look back at their country and realise innocent people and little kids are dying.

if guilty ban the idiots for life and give them a prison sentence. no room for this in the sport.

It has been said that the New Years test Vs Australia was fixed.

I remember watching that and thinking to myself "how the hell have Pakistan lost this?!" They showed some of the dropped catches from Butt on SSN today, and the missed stumping where he doesn't even attempt to take the bails off despite the batsmen being yards out of his crease, and it really does make you wonder.

If guilty, ban them from Cricket for life. And as its now a criminal investigation, some prison time would be nice.

It has been said that the New Years test Vs Australia was fixed.

I remember watching that and thinking to myself "how the hell have Pakistan lost this?!" They showed some of the dropped catches from Butt on SSN today, and the missed stumping where he doesn't even attempt to take the bails off despite the batsmen being yards out of his crease, and it really does make you wonder.

If guilty, ban them from Cricket for life. And as its now a criminal investigation, some prison time would be nice.

They could lose their own life, could face the death penalty

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez it never stops does it? Stunning performance from Gul but ...

BBC Linky

The Sun

The International Cricket Council acted after a Sun probe exposed evidence apparently showing that bookies knew details of Pakistan's innings BEFORE the match even began.
Edited by opinions4u

• 3 weeks later...
Croydon Athletic Chairman found dead with gunshot wound to the head.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11464234

Christ. T'plot thickens.

Classic bit of police language in that report:

A 44-year-old man suffered what is believed to have been a gunshot wound to the head...He was pronounced dead at the scene...The circumstances of his death are being treated as unexplained.