Daft Things That Make Your Blood Boil!

steveoafc

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ex-neighbours? Do they make the gays move out of Olney then? That isn't cosmopolitan. And neither is the fact that the nearest Chinese takeaway is in Newport Pagnell.

The one thing I regret about moving away from the North West is not being within fairly easy reach of the Man Lee in Darwen.

It's all very well people saying that they have no problem with imps, but if one moved onto THEIR street they would be singing a different tune as they saw the house prices plummet.

Are we talking from personal experience here?

And am I on dodgy ground if I ask how you would recognise one?

It's all very well people saying that they have no problem with imps, but if one moved onto THEIR street they would be singing a different tune as they saw the house prices plummet.

They come over here stealing our jobs and women. Eating their Bratwursts. Bastards.

To get this back on track now im a delivery driver what realy gets on my wick is houses and particulaly buisnesses that dont have a number on there front door ! How can i deliver stationery to 242 wilmslow rd when its in a block of shops and none have a number on ! .Also people who live in twee villages (usualy welsh or in yorks )who have cute names for there house on a sign over the front door thats unreadable from a van 500yds away at the bottom of the drive !

To get this back on track now im a delivery driver what realy gets on my wick is houses and particulaly buisnesses that dont have a number on there front door ! How can i deliver stationery to 242 wilmslow rd when its in a block of shops and none have a number on ! .Also people who live in twee villages (usualy welsh or in yorks )who have cute names for there house on a sign over the front door thats unreadable from a van 500yds away at the bottom of the drive !

Yea yea and thrice yea. Especially bad in wales, when i dont understand what the bloody name above the door says!

A topical one for you:

The word "offensive".

To paraphrase Stephen Fry, "for someone to say "I am offended by that" is nothing more than a whine".

From now on if some numpty tells me "I am offended" in response to something relatively insignificant I said, I shall respond "well i'm offended that you are offended, so I guess that makes us even"

A topical one for you:

The word "offensive".

To paraphrase Stephen Fry, "for someone to say "I am offended by that" is nothing more than a whine".

From now on if some numpty tells me "I am offended" in response to something relatively insignificant I said, I shall respond "well i'm offended that you are offended, so I guess that makes us even"

It's funny that you mention Stephen Fry, for his QI producers have been licking pavement to a media backlash over here this week. Did anyone catch the episode featuring "The Unluckiest Man In The World"?

Nowt like a rant against johnny-foreigner to placate the masses, is there?

Now where have I seen that {countless times} before ...?

Cheers,

And taking cover,

KC

It's funny that you mention Stephen Fry, for his QI producers have been licking pavement to a media backlash over here this week. Did anyone catch the episode featuring "The Unluckiest Man In The World"?

Nowt like a rant against johnny-foreigner to placate the masses, is there?

Now where have I seen that {countless times} before ...?

Cheers,

And taking cover,

KC

I hadn't heard about that. :shock:

Jesus!

The bombs dropped 66 years ago. What was the problem? Too soon? :blink:

It's not like anyone said anything insulting in this segment. The closest they came to a joke was when they were making light of why the trains were still running in Japan, when over here we'd stop them for a couple of leaves on the track.

This is exactly the kind of BS that pisses me off. Political Correctness and concern over offence taken. Some people really need to grow up. :angry:

F Japan. A country that has never had to face up to what they did in the war, in fact most of them dont even know as they're not taught any of that at school. Unlike the Germans they can pretend that all of it never happened. I was once standing in a cemetary near the River Kwai which was a really beautiful spot and so peaceful, it was very moving looking at the graves - British, Dutch, Australian and some American - in such a setting and then WHAM! A coachload of Japanese tourists turned up, all laughing their heads off, standing on graves, having photos taken, running around screeching. If I hadnt actually been there and seen it I wouldnt have believed it. It was utterly incredible. 2 of them asked me to take their photo by the central memorial but I walked off. I since regret that I didnt throw their camera into the distance. A workmate of mine's dad died the other week and he was captured at Singapore and happily survived all manner of horrific things in the following years, I told him of my bizarre experience in Thailand and he said he certainly wouldnt have walked away.

Looking back at it now though I realise that the f'ers just did not know. Well I hope they didnt know. They were hopefully just some of the most ignorant people in the world rather than out and out offensive scum. Either way, f you Japan - it's pitiful that the TV people felt the need to apologise.