Daft Things That Make Your Blood Boil!

steveoafc

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the libdems quislings the lot of em !

this sub-thread started by bfj1 doesn't really add to the discussion.

But consider your alternatives to the coalition:

1) A hung parliament where nothing gets passed.

2) A Labour majority.....equivalent to Smalley becoming Latic's top scorer.

3) A Lab-Lib pact.....same problems as now only the Libs have a bit more clout.

4) A Tory majority.....now that would set a few heads exploding on here.

As it stands and as far as I can see, the Libs are doing trade-offs to get some (not all) of their key policies through.

Not being cynical, but I am genuinely open to being enlightened AND as I said before I am not affiliated to any party.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't exactly make my blood boil, but I find it weird none the less. Why do people say Rest In Peace when someone dies?

How else are they going to be resting? Is there a more peaceful state than death?

Is it fundamentalist religious sentiment that has spread to rest of the population?

People say the strangest things.

It doesn't exactly make my blood boil, but I find it weird none the less. Why do people say Rest In Peace when someone dies?

How else are they going to be resting? Is there a more peaceful state than death?

Is it fundamentalist religious sentiment that has spread to rest of the population?

People say the strangest things.

There's a sweet irony in ranting about a figure of speech whilst also using the phrase "makes my blood boil" :wink:

There's a sweet irony in ranting about a figure of speech whilst also using the phrase "makes my blood boil" :wink:

Except: <_<

I very much played down the "makes my blood boil" in spite of the thread topic. Plus I get why people say "makes my blood boil" even if it is a gross exaggeration or distortion (like many figure of speeches)

And I didn't exactly rant. :ranting:

But this R.I.P. nonsense is just one of many quirks of western culture I find puzzling. Just inviting intelligent discussion, that's all. B)

Except: <_<

I very much played down the "makes my blood boil" in spite of the thread topic. Plus I get why people say "makes my blood boil" even if it is a gross exaggeration or distortion (like many figure of speeches)

And I didn't exactly rant. :ranting:

But this R.I.P. nonsense is just one of many quirks of western culture I find puzzling. Just inviting intelligent discussion, that's all. B)

I was only pulling your leg mate.

Cyclists riding on pavements and refusing to get out of the way of pedestrians. I want to poke them with something hard as they ride past, apologising obviously.

When it's raining I just walk down the road knocking umbrellas out of my way if they come anywhere near my face. Stupid tossers waving bits of metal around at my eye level, grrrrr :ranting: