Furman.

Read the Mail in the office at lunch, in particular the League round-up. They have a Scout report with this week's subject being our very own Furman. Gave him a great couple of lines and valued him at a, in my opinion, miserly £300k.

Nice. We should take it. Who's buying?

More than we got for Eaves and Eardley put together. As far as we know.

Read the Mail in the office at lunch, in particular the League round-up. They have a Scout report with this week's subject being our very own Furman. Gave him a great couple of lines and valued him at a, in my opinion, miserly £300k.

On the subject of scouts, I counted 11 in the mainstand from where i was sat. They seemed to be paying most attention to Taylor and Stephens but the one next to me (Bolton scout) seemed impressed with Furman and Black (he left before Black started getting ripped to shreds by Hoskins).

We need to hang on to Mr. Furman. Most improved player at BP from last season by a country mile. I almost feel guilty for slating him so much in the past. Keep it up Dean, been outstanding so far...

Best player on the field by a mile on Saturday for me. i don't want to get ahead of myself, but at the moment it's one of the most drastic improvements i've seen in any player in Oldham colours. He's gone from an average midfielder at best last season (and that's being very generous) to an excellent all round midfielder this season. His passing is much better, he looks far more confident on the ball, he's more than prepared to get stuck in, and he can't half strike the ball when he wants too. He was all over the place on saturday, always looking for the ball, using it well when he got it, and closing down really well when he didn't have it. Keep it up Deano!

I have heard from a different player that certain members of last season's management team tended to overstep the mark between discipline and bullying.

A combination of team spirit and discipline is a good thing that will improve people. As soon as you step in to bullying, especially with younger players, I suspect you will undermine confidence.

If somebody offered us 300K for him he'd be gone.

Although the fee would be undisclosed of course. <_<

Well, as the transfer embargo is now back in place until the New Year he won't be going anywhere so postulating value is a bit meaningless.

In the next few months he can confirm or even improve his form - or he could lose it or get injured.

transfer emargo means nothing below the prem. if a club outside the prem comes in for him £40 and a mint imperial (undisclosed) then hes gone 'on loan with view to a permanent transfer'

Said it to anyone who would listen last season that Furman had the potential to be a great player for us.

I admit when I'm wrong but on this one I'm delighted to have been right. For once.

I agree.

Penny played him too deep. not allowed to go over the half way line, and definately not allowed to shoot. If i was him, I would sue DP for ruining his world cup chances.

Phil Brown was extremely impressed with him on Radio 5.

So he's off to Southampton when Brown's confirmed as manager then? :wink:

Seriously though; It's been fantastic to see the turn-a-round in DF from last season. On last season's showing I hoped he was to be no-where near the 1st X1 this season - so far; I worry about the team without him in it. Fickle fans? Nah; just now we're seeing what the player is all about instead of the dog turd performances he put in last season - massive well done Dean; top work!

transfer emargo means nothing below the prem. if a club outside the prem comes in for him £40 and a mint imperial (undisclosed) then hes gone 'on loan with view to a permanent transfer'

I'm 99.99% sure that whilst Prem clubs can still loan out players to football league clubs between September & January they can't bring anybody in. Remember they finalised their squads for the first half of the season just last week.

I'm 99.99% sure that whilst Prem clubs can still loan out players to football league clubs between September & January they can't bring anybody in. Remember they finalised their squads for the first half of the season just last week.

yeah, thats why i said a club outside the prem!

So he's off to Southampton when Brown's confirmed as manager then? :wink:

Seriously though; It's been fantastic to see the turn-a-round in DF from last season. On last season's showing I hoped he was to be no-where near the 1st X1 this season - so far; I worry about the team without him in it. Fickle fans? Nah; just now we're seeing what the player is all about instead of the dog turd performances he put in last season - massive well done Dean; top work!

Just shows when you get a manager that plays players in their positions!!!!! Listening to the Bradford fans last year I thought Furman was gonna be a superstar, alas he had a shocker albeit with "duck egg" Penney in charge.

This season hes playing with someone half decent along side him and lets hope he keeps up the good performances, Funny, Stephens has a dip in form, Furman has a good game! Lets hope the two keep their partnership injury free this season.

Just off subject slightly, Taylor will come good this year, he looked sharp Saturday and was having some banter with us in the second half which he hasn't done for ages. His confidence is obviously on the up, again fingers crossed he also stays fit and has to battle for his place with Lewis!