Latics take fans’ views on board

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the board listening, however the idea of free entry for kids is a bit naughty in my opinion. As we only charge £3 for Under 12's and £9 for concessions, it is hardly going to generate money in the long term.

Personally, I feel the costs of adult prices are too steep for our division and whilst this is the "norm" I feel the Football League would be better placed to strike a deal with the FA Premier League to get more cash from the Greed is Good league and filter that to the clubs, so adult admission prices could be reduced. That way, dads and their kids could be encouraged back at a reasonable price.

One other glaringly obvious way of enticing fans back is through the reintroduction of safe standing areas. These are cheaper alternatives to all seater stadia and as such lower admission charges would apply.

Can someone remind me of why the Football League scrapped the allowing of membership schemes? I thought Leeds had a membership scheme for away ticket allocations? Isn't this against their rules too? Should the club fight the reasons and legalities with the FL to try and have membership schemes re-introduced. When I was at college, the scheme was vital to me...£12 a ticket after paying to be on the scheme worked a treat for me. Has the club fully looked into this?

I think the idea of a loyalty scheme where you actually get something back in return for buying tickets, would definitely be a good idea.

A promotion push would do for me!

And I think the idea of an under 11 in for free with a paying adult is also a good idea.

I do wonder how many 12-15 year olds disappear as the price goes up. Focus on U16 with a full paying adult.

£31 at the moment .... won't bother going, income NIL; £20 in future .... both attend, income increased by £20.

Edited by opinions4u

Can someone remind me of why the Football League scrapped the allowing of membership schemes? I thought Leeds had a membership scheme for away ticket allocations? Isn't this against their rules too? Should the club fight the reasons and legalities with the FL to try and have membership schemes re-introduced. When I was at college, the scheme was vital to me...£12 a ticket after paying to be on the scheme worked a treat for me. Has the club fully looked into this?

Clubs were taking the piss, members were getting in 6 or 7 quid cheaper than away fans for similar accommodation. If I remember rightly Lincoln were one of the main protagonists. At Latics you got in a quid or two cheaper, similar to what happens now with advance sales but now away fans get those discounts too. Basically the FL was trying to stop clubs taking the piss out of away fans. Unfortunately they didn't scrap Category Schemes and clubs take the piss that way - looking at you Leeds, Huddersfield, Tranmere etc...

Clubs were taking the piss, members were getting in 6 or 7 quid cheaper than away fans for similar accommodation. If I remember rightly Lincoln were one of the main protagonists. At Latics you got in a quid or two cheaper, similar to what happens now with advance sales but now away fans get those discounts too. Basically the FL was trying to stop clubs taking the piss out of away fans. Unfortunately they didn't scrap Category Schemes and clubs take the piss that way - looking at you Leeds, Huddersfield, Tranmere etc...

To be fair, can't fault Tranmere (even if they do catagorise us). I didn't realise that was the reason...utterly brainless at the FL then when you consider they then allowed clubs to charge away fans more a few years back (of which we were guilty of.) Surely, there's a way for clubs to go to the FL and discuss this. How about a membership scheme with 2 levels that you can purchase...Level 1 includes your own club, Level 2 includes every clubs membership. So if you have your membership book at away games, you can buy in at their membership price. I'm only thinking out loud here and not even contemplating costs but I think a workable membership scheme would be useful in attracting some back.

You say that but part of me is looking at it and thinking, why didn't we do that?

Plus the Chron are bigging this up like it was their idea and so giving it an extra load of publicity, but its not the first time its been suggested on here. Not to mention how we have a fan on the board isn't this the sort of thing his job was designed for?

Nice to see the board listening, however the idea of free entry for kids is a bit naughty in my opinion. As we only charge £3 for Under 12's and £9 for concessions, it is hardly going to generate money in the long term.

Personally, I feel the costs of adult prices are too steep for our division and whilst this is the "norm" I feel the Football League would be better placed to strike a deal with the FA Premier League to get more cash from the Greed is Good league and filter that to the clubs, so adult admission prices could be reduced. That way, dads and their kids could be encouraged back at a reasonable price.

One other glaringly obvious way of enticing fans back is through the reintroduction of safe standing areas. These are cheaper alternatives to all seater stadia and as such lower admission charges would apply.

Only in RRE and Chaddy, I have always had to pay £11 for my daughter in the main stand which is crazy. A few years ago several of us challenged this with the club only to be told by Alan Hardy to change stand if we didnt like it (and before I get pelters I've had my season ticket in the same seat for 20+ years). Two of my mates have never returned over the last 3 years because of that! I pay for her on the day because she only comes to about 75% of home games but I reckon there is plenty who wont pay it.

Also there is several thousand empty seats in the stadium so a kid for a quid with a paying adult would be good and also helps to hook them in for the future!

IF the club gets the houses behind the chaddy built.. sell 3 of them which would generate around £500k (estimate) which should be enough to get lookers stand back? Even if only one tier, a roof over the the current bit, seats put in, that would be about an extra 1000 seats, fans will return as they prefer lookers and some stopped goin.. gives us four sides, more atmosphere.. have current tics ST holders in RRE option of going into smaller bit of RRE, chaddy or lookers.. big bit for away fans..

Another way to get some back in, paying adult can bring however many people under 16 to BP for £6 each.. say altogether an extra 70 under 16 came to each game thats 70x6 = 420 x 23 = 9660 extra a season, + however many adults

IF the club gets the houses behind the chaddy built.. sell 3 of them which would generate around £500k (estimate) which should be enough to get lookers stand back? Even if only one tier, a roof over the the current bit, seats put in, that would be about an extra 1000 seats, fans will return as they prefer lookers and some stopped goin.. gives us four sides, more atmosphere.. have current tics ST holders in RRE option of going into smaller bit of RRE, chaddy or lookers.. big bit for away fans..

Another way to get some back in, paying adult can bring however many people under 16 to BP for £6 each.. say altogether an extra 70 under 16 came to each game thats 70x6 = 420 x 23 = 9660 extra a season, + however many adults

Blitz gets the profit on the houses to be built though mate, we wont see a penny!

Blitz gets the profit on the houses to be built though mate, we wont see a penny!

What is it now, three years until the witches spell wears off and the bulldozers can move in?

Why on earth would improving BP be in anyone's mind. We can't be arsed plonking three portakabins on stilts - so there'll be no upgrade of BP ever again IMO.

Love the kids for free idea, I always have. How many people on here were dragged to BP and went from there as a mere infant. It must be loads. So rather than building a wall against this - build a road towards it. Even if the dad/mum gives in - the younger generation often carries on. This should be up to the age of at least 14 though (although I still think there should be stand limitations if the kid is on their own - RRE or CE).

Love the kids for free idea, I always have. How many people on here were dragged to BP and went from there as a mere infant. It must be loads. So rather than building a wall against this - build a road towards it. Even if the dad/mum gives in - the younger generation often carries on. This should be up to the age of at least 14 though (although I still think there should be stand limitations if the kid is on their own - RRE or CE).

Free kid when accompanied by full paying adult of OAP. Applies to all under 16s.

If not accompanied, then charge them £11 or whatever the going rate is.

Free kid when accompanied by full paying adult of OAP. Applies to all under 16s.

If not accompanied, then charge them £11 or whatever the going rate is.

I'm unsure of todays style. When do (the majority of) parents let their kids go on their own to games nowadays?

I was about 13 I think - so it was nigh on that I'd drag at least one adult along.

I really see no point in charging anything before 14 for any kids, with or without an adult.

NB. Having said that, once you are eighteen you are an adult. Anything above this in terms of price fixing is ageism and we may as well let black folk in for less than white folk (or vice versa) if we go up that route.

I can't see many buying houses at BP while the stadium is still there, they will wait until it's demolished and Latics have moved to Failsworth or groundshare.

What is it now, three years until the witches spell wears off and the bulldozers can move in?

Why on earth would improving BP be in anyone's mind. We can't be arsed plonking three portakabins on stilts - so there'll be no upgrade of BP ever again IMO.

i take my lad to most matches,and me daughter comes to a few,so its costing me about 35 a home game at min when you ad food into it...

kid for a quid be great,but after 12 it jumps from 3 quid to 9 quid....do they suddenly become earners or something in the clubs eyes,thats when a lot of kids have been going for a while,but then cant afford 9 quid or nither can parents,your looking to spend about 50 a game then...

this is why the attendances are down because of over charging....

season ticket holders are always up in arms when an incentive scheme is tried or discussed,because they have paid about 14 a game...so why not try chargin 16 a game to non seaon ticket holders,try n grab them back a back...

ultimately product on the pitch and style of play will always dictate attendance figures....but i agree the club is still very much locked in the dark ages reluctant to change or try new ideas.

I can't see many buying houses at BP while the stadium is still there, they will wait until it's demolished and Latics have moved to Failsworth or groundshare.

how naive are people being....the owners have already had there money for those houses by selling the land to the developer...